Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JA

Utah prepares for mining claims in reopened wilderness areas

Reuters reported that Utah's Bureau of Land Management is preparing for a possible rush of mining claims in the area opened up by President Trump's decision to reduce the size of the Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monuments. Millions of acres of land will soon be open for mining claims governed by an 1872 law describing the process for prospecting and staking claims in the western United States.

I wonder how were they lobbying during the gold rush time

A uranium company launched a concerted lobbying campaign to scale back Bears Ears National Monument

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/uranium-firm-urged-trump-officials-to-shrink-bears-ears-national-monument/2017/12/08/2eea39b6-dc31-11e7-b1a8-62589434a581_story.html?utm_term=.866eb03c89c4

Liberals don't realize that their smart phones, tablets, laptops and computers would not exist except for mined materials and fossil fuels.

(edited)

Okay, so how does this MAGA? How for the love of reasoning does rolling back a National Monument in order to give mining interests almost free public land help you personally?

Edited by Stephen

Sean Hannity told me it does.

First of all, Bears Ears has been a national monument for like....13 months or so. We're hardly married to it. Have you ever been there? I haven't. Planning a trip anytime soon? Me neither. Unless you're Navajo, I don't see why anyone should be crying over this. Pick your battles, leave the ones that you couldn't care less about other than to feign indignation.

2 hours ago, Rodent said:

First of all, Bears Ears has been a national monument for like....13 months or so. We're hardly married to it. Have you ever been there? I haven't. Planning a trip anytime soon? Me neither. Unless you're Navajo, I don't see why anyone should be crying over this. Pick your battles, leave the ones that you couldn't care less about other than to feign indignation.

If you are not Armenian, why should you care about the Armenian genocide, if you are not Rohingya why should you be concerned about killings in Myanmar...Some people care only if s....it happens in their county 

56 minutes ago, 李伟王芳 said:

If you are not Armenian, why should you care about the Armenian genocide, if you are not Rohingya why should you be concerned about killings in Myanmar...Some people care only if s....it happens in their county 

Are you comparing a monument to genocide?

15 hours ago, Addy said:

Are you comparing a monument to genocide?

No, I just care about what is right and what is wrong