Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DanilKa

Sock Jock Alan Jones scandal

Not his classiest act mocking her name and sock comment is over the line but I do agree on principal. NZ Premier need to look in a mirror when she wants to see a hypocrite and Pacific island acted as opportunistic rate seekers. 

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/state/nsw/2019/08/15/alan-jones-jacinda-ardern-boycott/

P.S. coal fired power stations are live and well in China, although there is a strong drive to produce more domestic gas

684E8B38-065E-4153-853A-B7890E1BF8BF.png

On 8/18/2019 at 4:40 PM, DanilKa said:

Not his classiest act mocking her name and sock comment is over the line but I do agree on principal. NZ Premier need to look in a mirror when she wants to see a hypocrite and Pacific island acted as opportunistic rate seekers. 

Jones' comments have been caught up in the current obsession over violence against women. He was obviously speaking metaphorically and not suggesting that the Australian Prime Minister actually physically assault his New Zealand counterpart. No one has said anything about the substance of his comments, that the NZ Prime Minister was being hypocritical. This shows how easily a careless remark can allow the politically correct lobby to entirely take over a debate.. If he had made the sock remark about a guy, it would have gone unnoticed. 

• Great Response! 1

41 minutes ago, markslawson said:

Jones' comments have been caught up in the current obsession over violence against women. He was obviously speaking metaphorically and not suggesting that the Australian Prime Minister actually physically assault his New Zealand counterpart. No one has said anything about the substance of his comments, that the NZ Prime Minister was being hypocritical. This shows how easily a careless remark can allow the politically correct lobby to entirely take over a debate.. If he had made the sock remark about a guy, it would have gone unnoticed. 

my point exactly.

Speaking of hypocrisy, Alan Jones is not immune from it - while advocating for Coal fired power stations, he is dead against mines and CSG near Toowoomba (i.e. acting as typical NIMBY not unlike Bob Brown); joined forces with Greens against Adani mine and did not bother to educate himself to what hydraulic fracturing is about before turning against it. Not to mention his attack on Wagners which cost his employer a pretty sum.

• Upvote 1