Dr.Masih Rezvani

Iran Is Winning Big In The Middle East

11 minutes ago, SKEP said:

The Iranian general population is demonstrating on the streets everyday. According to most reports oil exports down at least 2 mm bbls/day

Trump won't get baited into conflict. Only ones that want US to attack Iran are Israel, John Bolton and Saudi Arabia.  Go fight your own wars.

Venezuela is talking. They will cut a deal before year-end..

Iran will not unless population revolts.

I’m just putting up a mirror buddy. The US is looking like a bunch of fools with current leadership that is elected by a disappointed and angry population that are having a hard time getting over the 2007 recession and facing the new realities in a changing world.

I’m merely making fun of the vocal Trump supporters like yourself.

• Haha 1

(edited)

6 hours ago, John Foote said:

We should remember Iran has endured sanctions for quite some time, and has made them quite self-sustaining, albeit at a lower standard of living. 

The USA's fundamental boob move of recent history concerning Iran was destabilizing Iraq. Blow back is a bitch.

Iran endured sanctions before because Europe would not sign on if Obama cut off oil exports. 

Iran sold all the oil they wanted.  Now they can't.  

That lost $120 million/day starting in May is gonna start hurting soon. Really hurting ! 

Old sanctions just froze $150 Billion in US banks.  They have had that returned by Obama. In cash.

Edited by SKEP

19 minutes ago, Tommie77 said:

Would you trust any country that has built the greatest army on the planet (one may wonder why they did that in the first place)? I guess one could, if it were led by a trustworthy leader that cares for the well-being of all. #AmericaFirst

I agree . . . . America First

(edited)

24 minutes ago, Tommie77 said:

I’m just putting up a mirror buddy. The US is looking like a bunch of fools with current leadership that is elected by a disappointed and angry population that are having a hard time getting over the 2007 recession and facing the new realities in a changing world.

I’m merely making fun of the vocal Trump supporters like yourself.

I'm not a Trump supporter. I wouldn't vote for him.

Iran leaders are nuts. Saudi leaders are butchers. Iraq plays both sides. Whole Mideast is a snake pit. No Stability in centuries.  

If not for the fact they are siting on oil the Arabian Peninsula would just be occupied by bedouin nomadic tribes. 

Edited by SKEP

2 hours ago, SKEP said:

Your agenda is obvious.  " I feel we are heading for another conflict in the region and that's sad"

You are are really trolling for a war.  

Trump will not take the bait. Tell MBS to join the 21st century. Stop butchering Saudi people and journalists.  He needs to talk to UAE to find out how it's done.  Actually, Saudi Arabia King Salman should replace MBS.  He has turned into a liability.  Just my opinion.

Is it worth it. War and deaths so Saudi princes can afford new Lamborghini's and Suzuki Hayabusa Racing Bikes. 

How much is the avg Prince's yearly stipend these days ?

Trump looks pretty happy, he's the only one armed, good job by King Salman he looks stoked.

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 16.56.35.png

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, SKEP said:

I'm not a Trump supporter. I wouldn't vote for him.

Iran leaders are nuts. Saudi leaders are butchers. Iraq plays both sides. Whole Mideast is a snake pit. No Stability in centuries.  

If not for the fact they are siting on oil the Arabian Peninsula would just be occupied by bedouin nomadic tribes. 

You may not have voted for him because you don’t bother going voting, but you’re loving it. I can smell it from a mile away.

• Like 1

(edited)

26 minutes ago, Tommie77 said:

You may not have voted for him because you don’t bother going voting, but you’re loving it. I can smell it from a mile away.

OK,. whatever you say.

A knucklehead like you reads a couple of posts of mine and you think you know me .  You smell me. 

It's people like you that have tantrum when you don't get your way that need to label people, put them in a category and demonize them if they don't agree with you that cause most of the problems in this world.

See ya . . . . . don't want to be ya .  LOL

Edited by SKEP

23 minutes ago, Tommie77 said:

2 hours ago, SKEP said:

Yup, U.S. is the blame for everything. 

Close the bases. Get the heck out of the middle East.

Cant happen fast enough.

4 hours ago, SKEP said:

Your agenda is obvious.  " I feel we are heading for another conflict in the region and that's sad"

You are are really trolling for a war.  

Trump will not take the bait. Tell MBS to join the 21st century. Stop butchering Saudi people and journalists.  He needs to talk to UAE to find out how it's done.  Actually, Saudi Arabia King Salman should replace MBS.  He has turned into a liability.  Just my opinion.

Is it worth it. War and deaths so Saudi princes can afford new Lamborghini's and Suzuki Hayabusa Racing Bikes. 

How much is the avg Prince's yearly stipend these days ?

Stick to what you know it would be nice to see you racing a Hayabusa akkkkkkkk

13 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Stick to what you know it would be nice to see you racing a Hayabusa akkkkkkkk

I rode a Vespar 50cc at the beach this summer.  That bike can fly.

• Great Response! 1

8 minutes ago, SKEP said:

I rode a Vespar 50cc at the beach this summer.  That bike can fly.

Good man I knew you were a good dude at heart , ride it like you stole it....👊🏻✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻🏍💨💥💥💥💥💥💥

7 hours ago, Tommie77 said:

I suppose if you consider having their economy heading for recession, having their shale oil business in distress, being involved in a proxy war with Iran, being considered a pariah in the global community and being destroyed by a backwards thinking nationalist ideology ....then I guess you are correct and US is 'winning big'. 

We’re going to be having fun Douglas 😀

Try to stay on topic. The original post by Dr. Rezvani was in regard to Iran, you have taken it upon yourself to divert the crux of the discussion.

We will NOT be having 'fun' as I will be ignoring your arrogant, pompous ass in the future.

13 hours ago, Boat said:

Obama taught the world how to fight without ground troops. Simply because the American people won’t stand for it. GW paved the way for a black president in a racist country. That’s how tired the population is of conventional war. First Obama and now Trump are left with economic power to bend countries to their will. 

Right, there were no conflicts involving American groung troops during Obama's time in office...

You claim America is a 'racist' country, can you support that with fact? Yes, like any country, we have our share of racists, but the vast majority of the country are NOT racist and get along quite well. Don't believe the media and their biased agenda, go out among the 'regular' folks and see for yourself! Uninformed comments like yours create and propagate a racial wedge which essentially make YOU a racist.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 3

Just now, Douglas Buckland said:

Right, there were no conflicts involving American groung troops during Obama's time in office...

You claim America is a 'racist' country, can you support that with fact? Yes, like any country, we have our share of racists, but the vast majority of the country are NOT racist and get along quite well. Don't believe the media and their biased agenda, go out among the 'regular' folks and see for yourself! Uninformed comments like yours create and propagate a racial wedge which essentially make YOU a racist.

Didn't Obama receive the Noble Peace Prize after only a few weeks in office...and never accomplished a peaceful thing afterwards?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Didn't Obama receive the Noble Peace Prize after only a few weeks in office...and never accomplished a peaceful thing afterwards?

Douglas, stay on topic bud

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Try to stay on topic. The original post by Dr. Rezvani was in regard to Iran, you have taken it upon yourself to divert the crux of the discussion.

We will NOT be having 'fun' as I will be ignoring your arrogant, pompous ass in the future.

The Iran topic is all about the US, in case you had not noticed.

i am still reading your comments

2 hours ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

i am still reading your comments

Are u taking notes?

No, I don't take notes
Since this is a specialized site
I am more interested in hearing from people like you about the type of US-Iran relationship
Because in my opinion the game between Iran and the US now determines the price of oil
Is this a predefined game?
Are friendly to the enemy and behind the scenes
What is the ideology behind these games?
And people's opinion about Iran, and the US, was wrong

(edited)

Everyone all worked about about Iran and China.

Solution is simple .

IRAN: They are going to build their nukes.  If they would rather continue to be world antagonist versus being a prosperous growing economy so be it. Just keep working on zero exports. Good suport for prices for those countries that are good members of world community.

It's a shame because the Iranian general population are good people.  But if they don't want to force change. 

SOLUTION:  Maintain zero Iran export policy and forget about them. If they want to talk they know who to call.

China: More push back from China today.  This whole trade war is predicated on one simple fact:

China dies not want to abide by international fair trade rules as stipulated by WTO.  They were allowed into the WTO with the understanding they abide by the rules. 

China say they will obey rules but how dare the U.S. ask them to agree to commit to compliance in writing.

Even with todays new Chinese $75 Billion tariffs the Chinese economy is feeling the hurt an order of magnitude greater than U.S.  Their hoping Trump caves because of pressure from election year. Donald, stay the course. 

SOLUTION: Put a permanent 10% tariff on ALL Chinese exports to U.S. and forget about them.  They too know who to call if they care to talk.  Just disengage from China economically.  

U.S. farmers might lose, but they have been losing mkt share for years to Canada. Argentina, and mostly Brazil.  Brazil has been burning down the Amazon jungle for years to expand farmland.  Not going to reverse that.

All those companies that manufacture in China don't pay corporate income tax in US keeping all profits offshore using Transfer Pricing. A 10% tariff is  not bad.  Manufacturers will leave China even faster.

Trump said he took a call from Apple CEO Cook.  I guess Cook argued that Apple will lose to Samsung.  Yea, so what.  Apple uses transfer pricing to pay no or little US Corp income tax. Does all their mfg outside US and employs several times more people outside US.  Are they really a US company.  

If I were Trump , when CEO Cook called I would have said, " Thanks for the call, but let me ask you, have you called Xi Jumping and ask him to comply with WTO rules ?" Then I would say, "Why don't you call Xi first then call me back and let me know what he says"

EUROPE: Europe announced they are planning to implement  tariffs on US tech companies (Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc) if Trump proceeds with tariffs on them. 

The world is going through a period of protectionism.  The US must comply with WTO rules but China doesn't, France can subsidize Airbus, Germans can protect vehicle and car parts, India can protect motorcycles + many other products.

Where does it end ?

WW III ? An economic war ?

Edited by SKEP
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SKEP said:

China dies not want to abide by international fair trade rules as stipulated by WTO.  They were allowed into the WTO with the understanding they abide by the rules. 

I agree, but for a solution, toss them out of the WTO, and everybody, not just the US, puts tariffs on them. 

They are in the global world enough now where money wants to leave China. That will force some corrections. Not enough, but some.

• Great Response! 1

On 8/22/2019 at 2:36 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

How do you negotiate with a theocracy which will not allow verification of their nuclear processing plants? Why do you need 'peaceful' nuclear power when you are swimming in oil?

Iran is like North Korea, if they can't bully the world into giving them what they want, they play the nuclear card. How do you expect the world to respond?

For the same reason many other oil rich nations with limited options to export much else need to develop alternative power sources. In order to maintain oil and gas exports they need to curtail domestic consumption. Energy efficiency, renewables and nuclear are the way to do this. 

21 hours ago, SKEP said:

No Stability in centuries.  

It was stable during the Ottomans, who had a long run and only collapsed in the early 20th century. 

The KSA wouldn't exist if not for oil, probably not Kuwait, Qatar, and the U.A.E., but Yemen and Oman have existed for a long time. 

And the west wouldn't really care about Iraq or Iran if not for oil, although Iran would certainly exist. The configurations of Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, and even Israel aren't really historical but a semi-western construct with heavy handed Anglo-Franco interests in the beginning. Some deliberateness to creating fragmented groups. Not that they were in a position to cooperate with each other. Nasser (Egypt) thought that was possible. The old joke, Nasser was too big for Egypt, and Saddam too small.

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2019 at 11:58 AM, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

I carefully read and follow all of you

You might want to keep in mind that at least 85% of Americans would not be able to point out Iran on a map.  Probably half could not get within a thousand miles of the place.  My guess is that most Americans would be pointing to Turkmenistan or perhaps Mauretania, and that is assuming they don't come up with Paraguay.  The guys that you are running into here represent a very tiny slice of American life, basically statistically insignificant.  So the loud Trumpista stadium roars you are hearing are, as a practical matter, meaningless. 

Please understand that, in America, lots of the people here are pretty much stupid.  It is an unfortunate situation.  I allocate a great deal of the responsibility to the abject failure of the public education system in not teaching other languages besides English.  The result is that Americans have become mono-cultural; nobody reads Faust or even Kafka, and forget about Voltaire or Dostoevsky. It is one big failure. 

I had an Iranian (he was an immigrant) walk into my factory looking for a job.  After talking with him for a while I realized that he was really smart, and really talented.  I hired him on the spot and put him to work in charge of my industrial product design department.  He was great.  Iranians tend to be very smart people and could have a lot to contribute to the planet.  But what has happened is that they have allowed the radical students that sacked the US Embassy and humiliated the Ambassador and the marine guards (who were under strict orders not to shoot at anybody) by taking them prisoner for 444 days.  Now those guys from 1979 are the power elite in Iran today, and keep it running as a prison camp.  Now when you do that, you turn your nation into a pariah.  Nobody wants to have anything to do with you.  

And you allow your total crazies to take over by creating a "religious police."  What Iranians do not grasp is that when you allow the Ayatollahs to go chant "Death to America" and you go burn the USA flag in public  (and do more "Death to America" chants, you are setting yourself up for a world of hurt.  You don't do that, not to anybody, and especially not to Americans, they do not blow that off, they take it very personally.  There are people in America who are quite prepared to shoot you dead for doing that.  So, don't do it, be smart. 

As far as reading and following the Trumpistas on this Forum, that is probably a complete waste of time.  They do not represent America or Americans, who overall are quite kindly and generous people.  Notwithstanding the reputation of gun violence, this is a peaceful country. It is not even in the top 25 of national violence; a lot more pleasant than say Brasil.  The other day we had at least 800 teenagers marching down the road in front of my house, carrying big M-16 military-type rifles, and nobody was in the least concerned.  There was not one phone call to the local police about the armed teenagers.  You can assume that they were on a conditioning march, from the reserve officer unit at the college.  When I see someone walking along the road and carrying a gun, and looks tired, and it is still six miles to town, I think nothing of swinging over and offering the fellow a ride. Hey, he is not going to shoot me and steal my car, that is not going to happen, it never happens.  Put all those ideas out of your mind, this is a friendly, peaceful country. 

You do have these Trumpistas that try to make excuses for Trump.  When Trump walks into some stadium and shouts, "We will build a wall!", all those guys go cheer.  Then when he says, "And Mexico will pay for it!", those Trumpistas go nuts and wildly cheer.  But it is all ridiculous nonsense.  Don't take that seriously; even Trump himself does not take that seriously. Some of those Trumpistas show up here and try to excuse his ridiculous nonsense, like saying he wants to go buy Greenland.  As the prime minister pointed out, that was "absurd." Then Trump and the Trumpistas get bent out of shape because they feel insulted. Never mind that he blows off a State Visit  (which, incidentally, Trump was begging the Queen for through backdoor channels) and belittles the Prime Minister to boot.  Don't make the mistake of taking the Trump crowd seriously.  They are a painful reminder of the interesting psychological phenomenon of  Anomie.  It is unfortunate.  America will survive those guys. When they pop up here on Oilprice and make ridiculous comments or go post those silly meme cartoons, remember that they are acting out.  The country continues.  Meanwhile, I won't be posting, as I have become tired of the negativity.  That mental set is alien to the entrepreneurs in America, who by definition are optimistic and forward-looking.  Be of good cheer. 

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 4