Dr.Masih Rezvani

Iran Is Winning Big In The Middle East

22 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

345,000 KOREAN civilians killed by US troops in Vietnam! Where did you get this?

Ignore that total rubbish.  There were 125,126 US combat troops in the Korean War.  The suggestion of 345,000 civilians killed by them would state that each U.S. ground soldier in combat personally killed three Korean civilians.  You already know that that is totally ridiculous.  Just utterly preposterous.  Ignore it. 

(edited)

On 9/1/2019 at 5:16 PM, Tommie77 said:

Last time I’m replying to your nonsense by the way - not worth my time.

On 9/2/2019 at 12:03 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

Thank God for that!

43 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

345,000 KOREAN civilians killed by US troops in Vietnam! Where did you get this?

He won't reply @Douglas Buckland , remember?    🤣

Edited by Guest

(edited)

8 hours ago, Tommie77 said:

But I understand, you are conditioned to think in terms of “enemy”, “war”, “hate”, etc. 

Kinda proves our point. Thanks. 

And I'm 'conditioned' to get history right.    #VIETNAM

Edited by Guest

21 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Ignore that total rubbish.  There were 125,126 US combat troops in the Korean War.  The suggestion of 345,000 civilians killed by them would state that each U.S. ground soldier in combat personally killed three Korean civilians.  You already know that that is totally ridiculous.  Just utterly preposterous.  Ignore it. 

Jan,

What is preposterous is he claims 345,000  Korean civilians were killed by US troops in VIETNAM!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

He won't reply @Douglas Buckland , remember?    🤣

One can only hope...

1 minute ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Jan,

What is preposterous is he claims 345,000  Korean civilians were killed by US troops in VIETNAM!!!

OUCH!  I did not pick up on that.  Unreal. 

(edited)

7 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

OUCH!  I did not pick up on that.  Unreal. 

You're slipping Jan ...  ☺️

Your mind is still on ladies at the beach no doubt. You are forgiven. 

But as always, bonus points for the word 'preposterous'. 

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Your mind is still on ladies at the beach no doubt

I assure you, it is totally one-way.  Those fine women on the beach definitively do not have their minds on me!  

And that is the fate of getting old and wrinkled.  Oh, well.  We had a good run.

• Great Response! 1

5 hours ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

I agree with all the issues you have written about human rights abuses in Iran
I am a civil activist, I am also a political activist, I agree that the era of religious dictatorship is coming to an end, I also believe that all human beings have the right to life, and I believe that the rights of the Iranian people in the world are very violated.
But my main question is: Who ruled this regime over the Iranian people ???
My main question is, who forced Mohammad Reza Shah to leave Iran and overthrow the Imperial government? Except that the United States focused all its efforts on supporting Khomeini and his hostility to the Shah.
Unless the US government could not tolerate Iran's success under the Shah, it tried to overthrow the Iranian regime and support the current regime.
Don't think the US government is worried about the Iranian people, the US regime is not worried about the Iranian people right now, just not agreeing with its partner, the Iranian regime.

The road to pumping Middle East capital into the US under Obama was blocked
Trump is tasked with opening this closed roas
Either by agreeing with the Iranian regime or by disagreeing with the Iranian regime
America destroyed Iraq under the pretext of democracy
It destroyed Syria
It devastated Afghanistan
But it needs to reach an agreement with Iran to achieve its goals
So do not claim to defend human rights, do not claim sympathy for the Iranian people
The only thing you want from the Middle East is the hidden capital in the Middle East 's soil

is it enough for you??????????????????

Dr. Rezvani,

Please sit back and take a few deep breaths.

Your initial post has obviously opened a discussion about an issue which many feel strongly about.

I am making the assumption that you are Iranian, but I cannot determine where you are located or where your loyalties actually lie, but this is not germane to this discussion.

Suffice it to say that the vast majority of the people on this site, and elsewhere, support and admire the Iranian people, conversely, they despise the ruling theocracy for what they doing to the Iranian people and the hardships they are forced to endure.

Furthermore, acts such as hanging young women for something as inconsequential as a piece of clothing is reminiscent of ISIS to those with Western values.

I would be the first to admit that placing our values on another culture is somewhat arrogant and is fraught with danger, but many of us are aware of the vibrant Iranian society and culture of the ‘60’s and ‘70’s and compare that to what we see taking place now.

Going back in history to assign blame is perhaps a good academic exercise, but it does not address the situation on the ground in Iran.

As I said earlier, some have very strong feelings on this issue and will respond somewhat emotionally, just as you have recently done.

I believe that at the end of the day, both you and the others have the Iranian people at heart, and on that we can all agree.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I would be the first to admit that placing our values on another culture is somewhat arrogant and is fraught with danger, but many of us are aware of the vibrant Iranian society and culture of the ‘60’s and ‘70’s and compare that to what we see taking place now.

Dr. Rezvani is busy trolling this forum in order to gain reactions for a thesis that he is writing.  Thus this is and was an exercise in baiting Westerners.  Put bluntly, it is all a charade.  

That said, Iran is a signatory to Resolution 217 of the United Nations, signed on 10 December 1948, which in 30 Articles is the world guarantee of universal rights and freedoms of everybody.  All signatories are pledged to uphold these universal rights, both for their citizens and for others who happen across their borders.  That Resolution, sometimes referenced as The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, cannot be abridged, they are both Universal rights and Inalienable rights, so they are cast in cement, including in Iran. Now, Dr. Rezvani knows this perfectly well, so he is just toying with the members of Oilprice. 

For anyone who wants to study up on Resolution 217, here is a pdf:     https://www.jus.uio.no/lm/en/pdf/un.universal.declaration.of.human.rights.1948.portrait.letter.pdf

He wants to go write a Thesis about the Western thinking towards the Iran Regime, so I have given him both barrels. Sure hope he enjoys it, and that it sinks in.  

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

As I said earlier, some have very strong feelings on this issue and will respond somewhat emotionally, just as you have recently done.

Nothing emotional about it.  I have given Dr. Rezvani the raw truth of his Religious Dictatorship, a class Reign of Terror perpetrated by his mullahs, and my prescriptive for cure:  permanent removal of the Mullahs, the Ayatollahs, and the actors inside that Government including the Iran Revolutionary Guards, which I view as coming by death. They have forfeited their right to life by their actions of hanging 33,000 civilians whom they view as political liabilities.  Fine:  crucify them all, nail them to stakes set in the ground every fifty feet on the road to Tehran.  Sounds about right to me.  Nothing emotional about it; this is how you deal, definitively, with this cyanobacterial pond scum.

• Great Response! 1

3 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Operation Rolling Thunder is estimated to already have killed 180,000 civilians. That’s just the bombing in Vietnam.

15 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Nothing emotional about it.  I have given Dr. Rezvani the raw truth of his Religious Dictatorship, a class Reign of Terror perpetrated by his mullahs, and my prescriptive for cure:  permanent removal of the Mullahs, the Ayatollahs, and the actors inside that Government including the Iran Revolutionary Guards, which I view as coming by death. They have forfeited their right to life by their actions of hanging 33,000 civilians whom they view as political liabilities.  Fine:  crucify them all, nail them to stakes set in the ground every fifty feet on the road to Tehran.  Sounds about right to me.  Nothing emotional about it; this is how you deal, definitively, with this cyanobacterial pond scum.

Please Jan, tell us how you really feel!😂

(Winding you up mate...).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tommie77 said:

Operation Rolling Thunder is estimated to already have killed 180,000 civilians. That’s just the bombing in Vietnam.

Provide a reference for that number.

How many civilians did the Vietnam Cong and NVA - EXECUTE - during the Tet Offensive.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

cyanobacterial pond scum.

Stealing this. 

Douglas, you beat me to it haha. I was writing ''yeah, yeah, but come on Jan, stop beating round the bush'' , then saw your post. 

5 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

so I have given him both barrels

Understatement of 2019

It's time to lock this thread.  Discussion has nothing to do with oil anyway. 

• Great Response! 1