Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OS

What's the best way to get in on blockchain?

I missed the boat on the cryptocurrency thing, and wouldn't have known where to start. Don't really want to buy into any coins right now because it's way too volatile. Love the idea of blockchain in general, though. But navigating this seems treacherous. So what's the easy way to get in on this if you aren't a blockchain expert (and I assume most aren't)?

I would assume like most people, they don't even know what "The Blockchain" is. 

Anyone who hasn't heard of blockchain by now must be living under a rock. Am I wrong? This is the most exciting thing to happen to the market in ... well, ever. It's going to change everything. I missed the boat on crypto, too, but won't miss it on this. 

3 new blockchain ETFs that look promising, potentially. Not for day-traders, but for long-term investors. They combine some pretty interesting stocks, but also weight their baskets with stocks that make you feel more comfortable, like Overstock (a major blockchain leader), IBM ... etc., Visa, Mastercard (anything that has anything to do with blockchain and isn't necessarily a blockchain company. 

I think almost everyone has heard of it, but still most people don't understand what "it" is. But that's okay, I think. You can still get on the bandwagon even if you don't know where it's headed. As long as you don't go calling it the blockchain "space" I think you're okay. 

I haven't ventured into BC,  but if I did, it would be as a day trader. Wouldn't want to be left holding the bag. Just too nervous. 

On one hand, there's been a lot of flashy news to take advantage of as a day trader in this 'space'. :) 

Kodak tripled in a day when it announced KodakCoin, and most of us didn't even realize this was still a company. MoneyGram also gained 10% when it announced it was cutting a deal with Ripple. These were great day trades, but holding them after the spike wouldn't do you any favors unless you bought it before the announcement. If you bought it when it started to rise and then held, you probably would have lost. Kodak is still doing great, but the money was made if you got out when it was close to $10. Now it's closer to $6. 

What are the ETFs?

Innovation Shares NextGen Protocol ETFF (NYSE:KOIN)

Reality Shares Nasdaq NextGen Economy ETF (BLCN)

Ampilfy (NYSEARCA:BLOK)

These JUST launched, so the jury's still out, and I don't expect them to shoot out of the gate just because cryptos are in their regular crash mode right now and that takes down anything blockchain temporarily (even though it really doesn't follow, logically, since blockchain is NOT cryptocurrency). 

Not much of a set-up here for day traders...

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 12.10.18 AM.png