(edited)

Edited by SKEP
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

(edited)

Great.  So now you want tariffs on Canadian companies too.  

I mean, sure, sink the stock market.  See if I care.  

Edited by Zhong Lu

12 minutes ago, SKEP said:

China retaliates against U.S. oil because U.S. wants them to abide by WTO rules.

Tariff there oil companies hey are invested in.  Even if it's a partial own we ownership.

China's oil companies also have JV's in US Shale basins.  Put a yearly investment fee on those Chinese companies.

Go for it Donald.

I assume these Companies operate under local Canadian laws? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On 8/23/2019 at 12:27 PM, Zhong Lu said:

Edited by SKEP
  • Upvote 1

If you're putting tariffs on Canadian companies you're breaking WTO rules.  

21 minutes ago, SKEP said:

China retaliates against U.S. oil because U.S. wants them to abide by WTO rules.

Tariff there oil companies hey are invested in.  Even if it's a partial own we ownership.

China's oil companies also have JV's in US Shale basins.  Put a yearly investment fee on those Chinese companies.

Go for it Donald.

That is the most ridiculous thing in terms of equity investments via JVs. They have invested their money in US shale companies (by the way they probably lost a lot of value over the years such as their JV multi billion $ equity investments with Chesapeake just an example).

But their investment created jobs and tax revenues. How and who is going to formulate and manage and operate an investment fee? That is a ridiculous notion and does not fit into a trade corrective measure.

With the 10% tariff on US crude, Chinese companies that have equity crude coming to them will still be able to afford it even with a 25% tariff rolled out , they can still afford the crude to take back to China if they have to.

There are many non SOEs from China and Chinese funded companies that are invested in the US oil and gas sector and petchem sector beyond shale.

Someone had to stand up to China for all their trade abuses and the Trumpster did it and is doing it. Chinese economy is hurting really bad, they need massive bailouts at each level. 6 trillion $ + market losses in over a year, the Chinese Gov. is paying subsidies, deferring taxes and what nots to lessen the effects of the trade dispute.

The Chinese investment in Canadian oil sands have been a disaster for the most part over the years, at one point the Canuck Gov. banned Chinese from investment without approval first I believe.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zhong Lu said:

Great.  So now you want tariffs on Canadian companies too.  

I mean, sure, sink the stock market.  See if I care.  

LOL, Trump already did that this morning.

(edited)

On 8/23/2019 at 12:56 PM, Zhong Lu said:

Edited by SKEP

(edited)

On 8/23/2019 at 1:00 PM, ceo_energemsier said:

Edited by SKEP
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, SKEP said:

Chinese Communist Party retaliates against U.S. oil with tariff because U.S. wants them to abide by WTO rules.

Where did you get the idea that China is not abiding by WTO rules? As far as I am aware, this is an untruth repeated and naseum by America which is not based facts. Americans think that if you repeat something often enough then it must be true.  However, it is actually the USA which is violating the rules, and it has been happening since Obama's time:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/17/us-could-face-chinese-sanctions-against-obama-era-export-tariffs-wto.html

Please also note that for the past few years, US officials have blocked appointments of Appellate Court judges to prevent judgements against American violations of the WTO rules:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-wto/wto-chief-sees-no-end-in-sight-to-us-blockage-idUSKCN1QA2IW

Edited by Hotone
Typo
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, SKEP said:

Stock market is doing just fine, thank you. 

Do you hold any equities?

I swear some people here don't care about the markets because they have nothing to lose.  Probably a bunch of trump supporters are in the same boat (broke AF so don't even watch the financial news as it's moot).  Put some skin in the game and then talk about how trump's trade tweet recession is a good thing.

China is not going to cave.  They would fight back more but they import so little from the states that they have almost nothing left to tariff.

Attacking every other nation who trades with china won't work.  Foreign investment in Canada's oil sands is common (plenty of US companies are here) but it's still Canadian oil. Shall we (Canada) start throwing damaging legislation at those US companies as retaliation?

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

On 8/23/2019 at 2:39 PM, Enthalpic said:

Edited by SKEP
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

So first you predict that China is going to cave.  When that prediction collapsed to pieces today, you're butthurt and want even more tariffs.

Am I wrong? 

Given your track record, why should anyone listen to your recommendations or predictions? 

Edited by Zhong Lu

2 hours ago, ceo_energemsier said:

That is the most ridiculous thing in terms of equity investments via JVs. They have invested their money in US shale companies (by the way they probably lost a lot of value over the years such as their JV multi billion $ equity investments with Chesapeake just an example).

But their investment created jobs and tax revenues. How and who is going to formulate and manage and operate an investment fee? That is a ridiculous notion and does not fit into a trade corrective measure.

With the 10% tariff on US crude, Chinese companies that have equity crude coming to them will still be able to afford it even with a 25% tariff rolled out , they can still afford the crude to take back to China if they have to.

There are many non SOEs from China and Chinese funded companies that are invested in the US oil and gas sector and petchem sector beyond shale.

Someone had to stand up to China for all their trade abuses and the Trumpster did it and is doing it. Chinese economy is hurting really bad, they need massive bailouts at each level. 6 trillion $ + market losses in over a year, the Chinese Gov. is paying subsidies, deferring taxes and what nots to lessen the effects of the trade dispute.

The Chinese investment in Canadian oil sands have been a disaster for the most part over the years, at one point the Canuck Gov. banned Chinese from investment without approval first I believe.

I was wrong, Chinese put a 5% tariff on US crude, but ways to get around and they definitely will.

__________________________________________________________________________________--

China has announced a 5% tariff on imported US crude oil in retaliation for US President Donald Trump’s recent escalation of the countries’ trade war.

Crude oil is on a new list of goods worth about $75 billion subject to tariffs as high as 10%, some taking effect Sept. 1 and others Dec. 15.

Timing of the Chinese tariffs matches that of Trump’s two-phase round announced Aug. 1 on about $300 billion worth of goods. The new US round will make almost all Chinese imports by the US subject to new or increased duties.

In June 2018, China had listed crude among products subject to duties retaliating for an earlier round of US tariffs but replaced it with other goods when the round took effect last August.

China imposed a tariff of 10% on US LNG in September 2018 and increased the rate to 25% in May.

US crude oil exports to China in May averaged 247,000 b/d, according to the US Energy Information Administration.

• Like 1

(edited)

On 8/23/2019 at 2:52 PM, Zhong Lu said:

Edited by SKEP
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SKEP said:

Thong

I really could care less if anyone listens to me.  Really.

My butt is just fine.  No hurt. What is hurting is your Chinese economy.  

Trump should just put a Permanent 10% tariff on ALL Chinese products exported to U.S.

Then wait till Chinese Communist comes crawling back to U.S. for trade deal.

If they don't want to be fair that's fine.  Pay the tariff while all future manufacturers will choose somewhere else to grow

Just my opinion.  

See ya.

The whole reason there isn't a trade deal now is because trump want's to keep tariffs in place after the deal. China will hold out for a better deal.

(edited)

Your opinion is always wrong, WHELP.   You predict X, the opposite of X happens.  I'm not calling you out for supporting Trump.  I'm calling you out for being stupid.  

Let the trade war continue.  Ain't bad for my trading account.

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Haha 1

(edited)

On 8/23/2019 at 5:47 PM, Enthalpic said:

Edited by SKEP
  • Like 2

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

Your opinion is always wrong, WHELP.   You predict X, the opposite of X happens.  I'm not calling you out for supporting Trump.  I'm calling you out for being stupid.  

Let the trade war continue.  Ain't bad for my trading account.

Happy trading 🇺🇸

Edited by SKEP

1 minute ago, SKEP said:

Tell me something, how long before Chinese Communist Party sends the Peoples Liberation Army into Hong Kong and kill a few thousand Hong Kong students ? A week ? A month ? 3 months ?

Not part of the economic discussion.  

2 minutes ago, SKEP said:

Wrong.  The only reason their is no trade deal now is because China won't agree to ANY terms that would assure compliance.

The compliance terms are unfair.

10 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

You predict X, the opposite of X happens.

Remember the mythical 25% tariff against Mexico?  People here went on pages about how great that idea was, trump cancels the plan and the same people praise trump. WTF?  They praise him for cancelling his own bad ideas. When this ends and the market goes up they will praise trump... #trumpLogic.

(edited)

On 8/23/2019 at 6:01 PM, Enthalpic said:

Edited by SKEP

(edited)

36 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:
40 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Edited by SKEP

6 minutes ago, SKEP said:

Why ? Because they require the Chinese Communist Party to comply ?

LOL

It puts the penalty before the crime. My understanding is the US wants to keep some tariffs in place until compliance is shown.  That is not the way law should work.  I'm going to fine you everyday until you can prove you aren't speeding while you drive...

• Haha 2