Jv

Trump regrets not having added even higher tariffs

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

You raise a very interesting point.  Thank you for pointing that out. 

My pleasure. I would also point out that Australian beef producers are going to lose some market share to US in Japan and that US will have new export market in UK for soy and corn once Brexit complete. Your biggest threats are Russia and Brazil. Russia is handing out 1m acre lots in Siberia to Chinese farmers and Brazil clearing massive amount of rainforest for same purpose. Both have competitive advantage of weak currencies which is why Trump is correct to pressure Fed to cut rates. Unfortunately, even a former Fed member, Dudley, is calling for the opposite in order to crash economy and get rid of Trump. His words, not mine!

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2019 at 4:33 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

And yet, even considering all you have said, he is doing a damn fine job!

According to you! His approval ratings dont put him in a good light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JR EWING said:

According to you! His approval ratings dont put him in a good light.

It all depends on where you get these 'approval ratings', doesn't it. Mainstream media is biased and is not to be taken seriously. The confidence rating of CNN is now below that of the shopping channel.

  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

If China cannot buy oil from the US, the most logical place to buy it is from Iran.  The Chinese can probably get a better deal for Iranian oil then US oil, given that the Iranians are looking for buyers. Personally I'm wondering how much it would cost to build pipelines through Central Asia connecting Iran to China. 

The analogy to Japan in the 1940s doesn't work.  There's too many sellers of oil in the market today.  

Edited by Zhong Lu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wombat said:

Russia is handing out 1m acre lots in Siberia to Chinese farmers

Right.... Good luck.  Next up: Libya handing out 1m acre lots to Chinese farmers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

It all depends on where you get these 'approval ratings', doesn't it. Mainstream media is biased and is not to be taken seriously. The confidence rating of CNN is now below that of the shopping channel.

Indeed. The MSM is absolute shite. But you lap it up for the stuff you need to keep your "enlightened" engine going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

If China cannot buy oil from the US, the most logical place to buy it is from Iran.  The Chinese can probably get a better deal for Iranian oil then US oil, given that the Iranians are looking for buyers. Personally I'm wondering how much it would cost to build pipelines through Central Asia connecting Iran to China. 

The analogy to Japan in the 1940s doesn't work.  There's too many sellers of oil in the market today.  

Iranian oil is cheaper, costs less to transport and the Chinese have a reasonable relationship with Tehran. Not to mention, the chinese did sign the nuclear treaty along with the others and surely they dont give a farc about US sanctions at this point as they have factored in zero exports to the US. Its just a case whether they have the stones.

According to platts they imported 1mbod in july. But it may have been in transit or port.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, JR EWING said:

Indeed. The MSM is absolute shite. But you lap it up for the stuff you need to keep your "enlightened" engine going.

haha, what a tosser, unbelievable the wank that come out of your gob, do us a favour and take 5 minutes off from being a complete prick...

  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always know when im in discussion with dotards, you resort to that kind of comment. 

Classy stuff mr regan.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JR EWING said:

Indeed. The MSM is absolute shite. But you lap it up for the stuff you need to keep your "enlightened" engine going.

And apparently your sources are irrefutable with a certain amount of divine intervention and pixie dust, unavailable to the rest of humanity.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JR EWING said:

Iranian oil is cheaper, costs less to transport and the Chinese have a reasonable relationship with Tehran. Not to mention, the chinese did sign the nuclear treaty along with the others and surely they dont give a farc about US sanctions at this point as they have factored in zero exports to the US. Its just a case whether they have the stones.

According to platts they imported 1mbod in july. But it may have been in transit or port.

 

Explain how YOU have access to what the Chinese have factored in. A direct line to Beijing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, JR EWING said:

Always know when im in discussion with dotards, you resort to that kind of comment. 

Classy stuff mr regan.

Welcome to the oil industry,👌🏻

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Welcome to the oil industry,👌🏻

I work in the oil industry. Havent met too many people talking like that in 20 years on 3 continents.....

That includes the countless good Americans i worked with. So please explain if your comment reflects the us oil industry around louisanna or texas coz it sure doesnt represent the us moc,s operating around the globe because they wouldnt tolerate that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Explain how YOU have access to what the Chinese have factored in. A direct line to Beijing?

Bucky

Earlier thought you were simply ignorant, now i think you are five.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JR EWING said:

Bucky

Earlier thought you were simply ignorant, now i think you are five.

In the immortal words of Harry Callahan;

"You're a legend in your own mind.'

As you can probably tell from our previous debate, and I am using that term loosely, I am really not interested in what you think at this point in time.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Furthermore, taking liberties with my name is fairly childish, especially when you are 'hiding' behind a pseudonym.

  • Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

Welcome to the oil industry,👌🏻

I doubt you would recognize the oil industry if it bit you on the arse.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

In the immortal words of Harry Callahan;

"You're a legend in your own mind.'

As you can probably tell from our previous debate, and I am using that term loosely, I am really not interested in what you think at this point in time.

But here you are still getting a hiding

  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I doubt you would recognize the oil industry if it bit you on the arse.

Yep.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JR EWING said:

But here you are still getting a hiding

 

8 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Furthermore, taking liberties with my name is fairly childish, especially when you are 'hiding' behind a pseudonym.

Dont you have a bed time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JR EWING said:

 

Dont you have a bed time?

😴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, JR EWING said:

 

Dont you have a bed time?

Nah, got to catch this last episode of 'Dallas'...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Verbal food fight, clean up on aisle 3...

While a bit of taking the piss out of each other can be amusing, it's probably best to turn it down a notch or two.

Running with scissors is fine, but please take care not to poke out someone's eye (or cut off any extremities) while running with scissors in said pissing contest.

  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JR EWING said:

I work in the oil industry. Havent met too many people talking like that in 20 years on 3 continents.....

That includes the countless good Americans i worked with. So please explain if your comment reflects the us oil industry around louisanna or texas coz it sure doesnt represent the us moc,s operating around the globe because they wouldnt tolerate that.

My comment reflects dealing with a diverse range of people and locations from rig floor to corporate throughout the world, where I never accepted any racial rhetoric which you seem to have no problem in dishing out. I guess the roughneck is still in me when suffering ignorance.

Respectfully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya’ll do realize when your talking about US oil exports to China the oil is probably is from Canada, Venezuela or the Saudi. 

It would be interesting to see numbers that track what happens to imported oil to the US and then the subsequent trail to destination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.