Dr.Masih Rezvani

Iran in the world market

30 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Hezbollah ring any bells? Lebanon ring any more bells....

I thought this thread is about Iran. You wish to bring Lebanon into this? Please explain. 

@Douglas Buckland  , I think this proves my point in that message ⬆️

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

Thanks for link.  I think I am beginning to see why and how some people in this forum think.  So, some media outlet calls someone a terrorist, and the readers accept this without question. But another word can be used in place of acceptance: ignorance.

Respecting Lebanon, certain facts should be remembered.  Prior to 1982, Hezbollah did not exist.  Prior to 1982, Lebanon was in a civil war. The civil war resulted from many factors, but the catalyst event was the Israeli raid, in 1973, led by Ehud Barak, in Beirut's fashionable area of Verdun, upon the homes of 3 Palestinian leaders, Adwan, Nasser, and Youseff. In 1982, Israel invaded Lebanon, when Lebanon was defenceless, and occupied the southern area until 2000. Hezbollah resulted from that invasion and occupation: as a force to drive out invaders and occupiers.

The purpose of the Israeli forces is to defend Israel, but that force has also been the aggressor to invade Lebanon. Hezbollah's purpose is to defend Lebanon, but that force has not invaded Israel.  The former is considered by some in this forum to be noble apparently, while the latter is considered to be terrorists. The logical extension of this is, if I defend myself and home against an armed intruder hellbent on killing me and razing my property, then under US law am I a terrorist? 

The article alleges Hezbollah receives aid from Iran. I presume this is the connection to Iran noted by some people in this thread. Well, that appears to be true. What is equally true is the fact Israel receives inordinate $billions from the USA taxpayers, and uses this aid to invade and violate other countries. So again, we have a total hypocrisy. Aid to one group to defend its homeland is considered funding to terrorists. Aid to another group to invade other countries is not funding to terrorists. 

The image of a bird with its head in the sand is apt.  But are you directing this at me?  If so, why the insult? 

4 minutes ago, 4cryingoutloud said:

The image of a bird with its head in the sand is apt.  But are you directing this at me?  If so, why the insult? 

Thats up to you how you take it, were on a forum, if it was to be directed at you I would have messaged you privately, but you have already taken it personally so thats unfortunate. My Quote "are you serious" was directed you yes.

The Bird is a meme, as long as your head is out of the sand and you dont process feathers you should be ok. So please dont be offended, if it offended you then I apologise. 

(edited)

1 hour ago, 4cryingoutloud said:

Thanks for link.  I think I am beginning to see why and how some people in this forum think.  So, some media outlet calls someone a terrorist, and the readers accept this without question. But another word can be used in place of acceptance: ignorance.

Respecting Lebanon, certain facts should be remembered.  Prior to 1982, Hezbollah did not exist.  Prior to 1982, Lebanon was in a civil war. The civil war resulted from many factors, but the catalyst event was the Israeli raid, in 1973, led by Ehud Barak, in Beirut's fashionable area of Verdun, upon the homes of 3 Palestinian leaders, Adwan, Nasser, and Youseff. In 1982, Israel invaded Lebanon, when Lebanon was defenceless, and occupied the southern area until 2000. Hezbollah resulted from that invasion and occupation: as a force to drive out invaders and occupiers.

The purpose of the Israeli forces is to defend Israel, but that force has also been the aggressor to invade Lebanon. Hezbollah's purpose is to defend Lebanon, but that force has not invaded Israel.  The former is considered by some in this forum to be noble apparently, while the latter is considered to be terrorists. The logical extension of this is, if I defend myself and home against an armed intruder hellbent on killing me and razing my property, then under US law am I a terrorist? 

The article alleges Hezbollah receives aid from Iran. I presume this is the connection to Iran noted by some people in this thread. Well, that appears to be true. What is equally true is the fact Israel receives inordinate $billions from the USA taxpayers, and uses this aid to invade and violate other countries. So again, we have a total hypocrisy. Aid to one group to defend its homeland is considered funding to terrorists. Aid to another group to invade other countries is not funding to terrorists. 

Unfortunately the past is relevant and there are arguments from all angles. Palestine should be given back to the Palestinians, I don't agree with Israels position on Palestine.

I also don't agree with this kind of thing either.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-20654574

In January 1987, Mr Waite travelled to Beirut in Lebanon on behalf of the Archbishop of Canterbury to try to help with the release of Western hostages they had been told were sick. 

However, Mr Waite himself was kidnapped by Hezbollah, who accused him of being a CIA agent with knowledge of deals between Iran and USA.

Its a tangled web.

Edited by James Regan

@ James Regan.  War is not a picnic. If you enter an active war zone, you take your chances. Obviously, the God to whom Waite prayed protected him not. Evil is with us everywhere, in war and peace. You may wish to research the plight of Manning or Assange and which government is inflicting the torture. If those people are moot, talk to Reuters; whose journalists have been killed in cold blood by the same government noted. By your post, are you implying one race of people is more evil than another, and if so by what standard?  

11 hours ago, 4cryingoutloud said:

@ James Regan.  War is not a picnic. If you enter an active war zone, you take your chances. Obviously, the God to whom Waite prayed protected him not. Evil is with us everywhere, in war and peace. You may wish to research the plight of Manning or Assange and which government is inflicting the torture. If those people are moot, talk to Reuters; whose journalists have been killed in cold blood by the same government noted. By your post, are you implying one race of people is more evil than another, and if so by what standard?  

I don't believe in any God, I believe in myself and my parents and my upbringing, no place for a fairy tale in my life, tout your religious garbage with someone else more receptive.

57 minutes ago, James Regan said:

I don't believe in any God,

Absolutely, the second it started with ''the God to whom..'' I'm done

(edited)

On 9/17/2019 at 5:16 AM, James Regan said:

It started long before the mad horseman, WW2 was a continuation of WW1 hence the sequencing 1 & 2, we will never see a WW3, we will have to start another sequencing system. Germany Invaded Poland and this was the catalyst for the second event or should we blame Japan?

We forget and never blame the U.S.S.R. as well which made a pact with Germany and also invaded Poland at the same time as Germany.  The Poles suffered an invasion by two (actually three) surrounding countries Germany (including annexed Austria) and U.S.S.R (Russia).  This was the same aggression that had occurred against Poland around 200 years earlier by mostly the same invading countries again and which resulted in the occupation, annexing, dismantling and destruction of Poland as a country.  

Edited by canadas canadas
  • Upvote 1