Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TN

Another Conspiracy Confirmed: How the Plunge Protection Team Rigs the Markets by James Corbett

Another Conspiracy Confirmed: How the Plunge Protection Team Rigs the Markets

By James Corbett - August 30, 2019

https://www.corbettreport.com/another-conspiracy-confirmed-how-the-plunge-protection-team-rigs-the-markets/

As I pointed out in this week’s #PropagandaWatch video, the stock market is often portrayed in the financial media as a magical crystal ball that can predict the future and see into the hearts and minds of men. We are routinely told that it shows us the resilience of consumers, for example, or that it can predict the next economic cataclysm or that we can pore over it like an X-ray to reveal the true health of the economy.

And as I also pointed out in that video (and much of my other work over the past several years), this perception of the market is a bunch of hooey. As we all know (or should know by now) this central bank created phony baloney reality inversion bubble that the markets are “revealing” to us is just that: A bubble. More precisely, it’s a bubble that has been 93% filled with hopium and paper promises from the Federal Reserve.

But what if I were to tell you that there was yet another mechanism by which the markets are manipulated? A mechanism wielded by a cabal of four men? One that is admittedly and on the record empowered by the POTUS to prop up the markets whenever they start flagging?

Does that sound like “conspiracy theory?” Well, it’s not. Just another humdrum conspiracy fact. This cabal of four is known colloquially as the “Plunge Protection Team” and it’s been on the books since 1988…

(Article continues at website's link)(One excerpt below)

…The report acknowledge that each of the Plunge Protection Team’s constituent agencies (the treasury, the Fed, the SEC and the CFTC) have a “confidential plan” on file to deal with a market meltdown. But aside from trivial details (the SEC’s plan is called the “red book,” for example, after the color of the document’s cover) nothing of substance is revealed. How, exactly, do the agencies plan to “keep financial markets open so that trading can continue”?

A major clue to the PPT manipulation puzzle came in the form of a 1989 Wall Street Journal op-ed by Robert Heller….