Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ronwagn

China Faces Economic Collapse

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwemuhwem Osas said:

The inflation trends are favoring USA but look at the consumer price index differential

China CPI : 102.8

USA CPI : 264.2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

(edited)

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

My China Stories

VHCRyA7M2iB2CctxeL5lzVjPmDHjb3_oLqnOikKhoW2pP6axqwv2FBb-yRdKq4nCa3dJd8xPkNc6YP-WWIO_BR_bFtZJeMSrUH7jhD2GLXX8FnBs2T1j1T1XST0Lus28DnAm8Os

 

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:
1 hour ago, Marcin said:

it is obvious that Chinese government has very good track record.

 

'TRACK RECORD' THAT,  AND TIBET  (for a kick off)

''Obvious''

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

The inflation trends are favoring USA but look at the consumer price index differential

China CPI : 102.8

USA CPI : 264.2

 

Much of what the United States spends on groceries is on frozen convenience meals, sodas, candy, processed cereals and things that are not a good buy for nutrition. That is not including much of the fast food we consume. We lead the world in obesity and physical inactivity. We could spend one third of what we do on groceries and fast food and be healthier.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Trump wants a trade deal that will be good for his supporters in manufacturing areas like the Midwest.   China should give him what he wants because they are much more trade dependent than the USA. 

The USA is the world's most important consumer market and the US dollar is the most important currency.  This gives Trump a great deal of power when it comes to trade negotiations.  The Chinese realize this but do not want to commit to a trade deal because they think this could all go away after the election. 

I think the Chinese are wrong because even if a Democrat becomes President he or she will need the support of people who live in manufacturing areas to stay in power.  So ending this trade dispute before the US gets a better deal is not in the cards regardless of who is President.  Voter anger over unfair trade with China has being building for decades and will not just go away even if the US elects a different President.  

Edited by PeterfromCalgary
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with China, like Iran, is not the people, but the government. At some point, both governments will fall.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Ron, you said you hope for the revolution in China.

I used arguments why it is actually impossible because of high approval ratings of the government.

I used polls from respected institutions like Pew Research.

There is a general consent in the United States that this polls are reliable.

If anybody knows any arguments to back the idea of the regime change/revolution

in China please present them. But arguments not your opinions.

Contra arguments could be:

- to inform about other polls by respected institutions that show different results,

- to present arguments against Pew Reasearch / Edelman to show that these polls are unreliable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Yawn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

(edited)

xi jinping | PLEASE WAIT A MOMENT WHILE I CALL MYSELF FOR A SECOND OPINION. | image tagged in xi jinping | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

 

Yep. It's still a rather large yawn.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marcin said:

Ron, you said you hope for the revolution in China.

 

I used arguments why it is actually impossible because of high approval ratings of the government.

 

I used polls from respected institutions like Pew Research.

 

There is a general consent in the United States that this polls are reliable.

 

If anybody knows any arguments to back the idea of the regime change/revolution

 

in China please present them. But arguments not your opinions.

 

Contra arguments could be:

 

- to inform about other polls by respected institutions that show different results,

 

- to present arguments against Pew Reasearch / Edelman to show that these polls are unreliable.

 

Read these Marcin!

You’ll no doubt say this is Western propaganda, but read it anyhow - you might learn something!

 

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/chinas-greatest-fear-another-cultural-revolution-possible-16403

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/opinion/sunday/is-china-ripe-for-a-revolution.html

  • Great Response! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Douglas,

My personal opinion about China or US has nothing to do with the probability of the revolution in China.

Personally:

I am pro United States and against future Chinese hegemony.

I think United States is not a benevolent big daddy policeman that cares about the world,

it is a country that serves sometimes brutally its own interests. But when you look into the world history US

is the best, th emost benign of the many hegemonic countries of the latest 500 years or so.

I am against Chinese hegemony mainly because of the sheer size of China.

That China is dictatorship is also bad, but the size matters.

From purely economic point of view developed China with its 18.5%

of world population will dominate the world to the extent

not ever seen when United States with its only 4.4% of world population is hegemon.

 

And again my or yours personal views, or opinions of 2 journalists that you linked

about regime change probability in China do not have impact on the revolution chances, do they ?

Only opinions of Chinese are relevant, and I have shown you reliable opinion

polls made by respected US institutions that prove that revolution is not probable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

12 hours ago, Marcin said:

Ron, you said you hope for the revolution in China.

 

I used arguments why it is actually impossible because of high approval ratings of the government.

 

I used polls from respected institutions like Pew Research.

 

There is a general consent in the United States that this polls are reliable.

 

If anybody knows any arguments to back the idea of the regime change/revolution

 

in China please present them. But arguments not your opinions.

 

Contra arguments could be:

 

- to inform about other polls by respected institutions that show different results,

 

- to present arguments against Pew Reasearch / Edelman to show that these polls are unreliable.

 

Anyone who trusts polls in a repressive, evil dictatorship that tortures and imprisons innocent people is extremely gullible IMHO. Ask Christians in China, ask Tibetans, ask Muslims, ask Falun Gong, ask Taiwanese, ask Hong Kong citizens. 

Edited by ronwagn
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Marcin said:

Douglas,

My personal opinion about China or US has nothing to do with the probability of the revolution in China.

Personally:

I am pro United States and against future Chinese hegemony.

I think United States is not a benevolent big daddy policeman that cares about the world,

it is a country that serves sometimes brutally its own interests. But when you look into the world history US

is the best, th emost benign of the many hegemonic countries of the latest 500 years or so.

I am against Chinese hegemony mainly because of the sheer size of China.

That China is dictatorship is also bad, but the size matters.

From purely economic point of view developed China with its 18.5%

of world population will dominate the world to the extent

not ever seen when United States with its only 4.4% of world population is hegemon.

 

And again my or yours personal views, or opinions of 2 journalists that you linked

about regime change probability in China do not have impact on the revolution chances, do they ?

Only opinions of Chinese are relevant, and I have shown you reliable opinion

polls made by respected US institutions that prove that revolution is not probable.

The same types of polling that said President Trump didn't have a chance in hell of defeating other Republican candidates, much less Hillary Clinton a former Secretary of State. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

While China has the largest population of any country which can put a strain on its resources, it also borders one of the most resource rich, most vast and least inhabited areas of the world, namely Siberia. At some point, China will need to expand northward into Siberia if it is to keep its socioeconomic progress pace moving forward. Sorry Russia but Ukraine and Syria are not going to be your most important concerns. History has shown this pattern of nations seeking more living space.  It happened to Russia before from Germany in Europe and it may also happen to Russia from China in Asia.  

Edited by canadas canadas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

Anyone who trusts polls in a repressive, evil dictatorship that tortures and imprisons innocent people is extremely gullible IMHO. Ask Christians in China, ask Tibetans, ask Muslims, ask Falun Gong, ask Taiwanese, ask Hong Kong citizens. 

image.png.36a30b03ed384c699a7a5dc8c8c3f736.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ronwagn said:

The same types of polling that said President Trump didn't have a chance in hell of defeating other Republican candidates, much less Hillary Clinton a former Secretary of State. 

Yes, but Trump polls were just 5-10% off, the very 5% he needed to win Michigan , Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida and presidency.

And winning with Clinton, the perfect Republican candidate, impersonation of oligarchy, which forgot that "deplorables" is 75% of Americans was easy.

I am just parroting American scholars that think that Pew polls are reliable because Chinese still remember starvation so current performance of CPC is stellar for them.

Well, actually it doesn't matter at all, no revolution possible.

China is one big Orwellian state, China spends more to police its own population than on military.

Every citizen is under constant watch (24/365), every foreigner the same, they have even Navaho translators to cover everybody.

With AI they probably know about dissenters before they could even organize, pure mind crime, Minority Report style.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a side note, I find it dangerous that citizens of Western democracies still believe that revolution in China is possible.

This atittude plays to Chinese interests.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Marcin said:

As a side note, I find it dangerous that citizens of Western democracies still believe that revolution in China is possible.

This atittude plays to Chinese interests.

Oddly, you just made 2 comments in a row that I generally agree with (I'll just ignore the bit about polls about Trump; MSM had Hillary at around 90% chance of winning on election day morning.)  But apart from the Trump / Hillary bit, your points are well noted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ronwagn said:

The same types of polling that said President Trump didn't have a chance in hell of defeating other Republican candidates, much less Hillary Clinton a former Secretary of State. 

Google (which owns YouTube) being evil again.  Conservative and pro-Trump sites keep getting silenced, in the runup to the 2020 election.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rsbnetwork/status/1173399137129250816

Screenshot_20190916-154230_Brave.thumb.jpg.a5d1cd822b701d0941cd6c61a3614e3b.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a piece of junk news 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

7 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

you just made 2 comments in a row that I generally agree with

Agreed. Came outta nowhere. Cricket free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 9/14/2019 at 12:58 PM, Enthalpic said:

That's a north American problem too - more and more people collecting and fewer taxpayers.  Nothing a solid dose of immigration can't fix :)

Immigration by well educated, hard working people chosen by appropriate standards are fine. They must be legal immigrants that are selected by a good criteria. Better yet would be more reproduction by residents of the various countries needing a population boost. 

Edited by ronwagn
addition
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s a “win-win” trade concession China can make to the US right now

 

 

If there is one thing that China’s leaders like, it’s a “win-win” deal.  As they prepare to go into trade talks with the US early next month, there’s one American product that truly falls into that category.

China’s hog prices have gone up 130% since January this year, according to Zhue, a Chinese industry website that tracks the country’s hog prices based on data collected from hog farmers and vendors. The surge in prices is due to an outbreak of African Swine Fever, a disease lethal to pigs but harmless for humans, that began in August last year. Farms have had to slaughter tens of millions of pigs to prevent the epidemic, leading China’s herd count to shrink by nearly one-third as of July, according to Reuters.

In August alone, the price of China’s most consumed meat went up nearly 50% in price in August. And prices are only predicted to go up further before the end of the year.

Pork is not only a food staple, but also a symbol of prosperity in China—which is currently marking the year of the pig, according to the Chinese zodiac. Already, there have been laments on Chinese social media platforms like Douyin about the increased pork prices, adding to the other economic pressures the ruling Communist Party faces—a steady supply of affordable pork is essential to maintain social stability.

https://qz.com/1710118/heres-a-trade-concession-china-can-easily-make-to-the-us/?utm_source=YPL&yptr=yahoo

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0