Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kirkman

Pope urges politicians to take 'drastic measures' on climate change and reduce the use of fossil fuels

Welp, I have a (mostly tongue in cheek) suggestion for others to consider, in response to this Pope's persistent and increasing attacks on the oil & gas industry.

Pope urges politicians to take 'drastic measures' on climate change

"Pope Francis challenged governments on Sunday to take “drastic measures” to combat global warming and reduce the use of fossil fuels, saying the world was experiencing a climate emergency.  ..."

==============================

Here ya go, Mr. Pope:

8w28u581w9i31.jpg.ec351327271213635debf4e35d3f0eea.jpg

• Like 1

There is actually a lot of sense in the above wall poster.  Not buying Chinese goods lowers the overall use of oil in that the ships that haul goods and materials into and out of China now use up about 4% of annual consumption. Production facilities that manufacture goods locally at least avoid all that transport fuel. Plus it avoids the transfer of wealth to China, an interesting political goal. 

I am a great believer in Americans buying American-made goods. Makes much more sense to me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Welp, I have a (mostly tongue in cheek) suggestion for others to consider, in response to this Pope's persistent and increasing attacks on the oil & gas industry.

Pope urges politicians to take 'drastic measures' on climate change

"Pope Francis challenged governments on Sunday to take “drastic measures” to combat global warming and reduce the use of fossil fuels, saying the world was experiencing a climate emergency.  ..."

Pope International Flight AGENDA: https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/2019-01/pope-francis-agenda-2019-journeys-abuse-reform.html

UAE, Panama, Morocco, Bulgaria, and Macedonia in 2019.

I am sure he is going to pilgrimage by walking or donkey....  Maybe he can hire Greta....

• Haha 1

America first,

🤮first polluting nation,

🤮first to continually ignore the warnings,

🤮first to go to war to preserve oil

when will the US government wake up, sadly when it is too late. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Grump old man said:

America first,

🤮first polluting nation,

🤮first to continually ignore the warnings,

🤮first to go to war to preserve oil

when will the US government wake up, sadly when it is too late. 

First, I think that there are a few other nations who can claim the title of ‘most polluting nation’. ‘First’ polluting nation doesn’t even make sense.

Secondly, even supposing the ‘warnings’ are based on fact, not fiction, how did you arrive at the fact that the US was the first to ignore them? Supporting evidence would be instructive.

Finally, how does war ‘preserve’ oil?

Judging by your presentation and comments you are yet another troll with the apparent IQ of frozen yogurt.

• Upvote 2

On 9/3/2019 at 9:50 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

Judging by your presentation and comments you are yet another troll with the apparent IQ of frozen yogurt.

LOL how have I missed this?! 

Maybe the Pope should focus on child abuse.

Leave the climate to the experts.

Just an idea.