Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SK

(edited)

Edited by SKEP
  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

There is almost nothing Marxist, or Lenin-esq, about the Chinese Communist party, we almost should drop the term as it applies to China.  

And almost everything of significance in China is aligned with the party. I for one don't think such a centrally, politically motivated system can out a market system. The notion China would play fair was always naive. However, if there is a Lenin line they will embrace, "We'll hang the last capitalist with the rope he sold us." 

Huawei is in the short term dependent of USA made. I don't understand why we backed off of that. I do know the Chinese are on an equipment buying spree for semiconductor tools. Give giving the extensions and it won't matter next year, they'll be making their own. They already know how, they just need more capacity. The current approach is accelerating their capital equipment buys, and in two years we won't be able to give away the same chip they buy today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Tech moves pretty quick these days and the US competes well when it comes to innovation. What the Chinese do well is take whatever product it is and build the scale necessary quickly enough to capture market share at a cheaper price. 

Because the Chinese government gets involved to help with funding and cut red tape boosts this process. If the US and the world wants to be more competitive with China they need to identify what changes need to be made to equal that effort.

This does not solve protectionist policies demonstrated by all countries but blaming Asians who kick European and US butt won’t change the trajectory of trade. Remember the Japanese auto quotas?

• Upvote 1

(edited)

On 9/3/2019 at 3:16 AM, Boat said:

Edited by SKEP
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On Huawei, I believe it.  

Edited by Zhong Lu

(edited)

On 9/3/2019 at 3:16 AM, Boat said:

Edited by SKEP

33 minutes ago, SKEP said:

Are you a card carrying member of the CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY ?  CCP

Dial it down a notch or two, please.  I don't feel like cleaning up a food fight today.