DayTrader

Trump Will Win In 2020 And Beyond..?

Recommended Posts

(edited)

2 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

There is no question that large magazines, over 10 rounds, will be outlawed.  Keep in mind that the Mauser 96 had only 5 rounds, it was a low-capacity rifle.  Nonetheless, the Germans took 2,000,000 Russian military prisoners with that standard-issue rifle in the first two months of Operation Barbarossa.  A trained soldier with a 96 can best a Russian with an AK.  Something to think about.

For anyone who thinks this is a dubious argument, I invite them to review Iran where the mullahs murdered 33,000 political dissidents, who had no guns.  Hanging, beheading, shooting, the mullahs' murdering Republican Guards did it all.  They loved doing it.  Murder comes easily when your target cannot resist.  Especially young women; these guys get orgasms doing the hangings.  33,000.  

If the government can take away large magazines that have been allowed for decades, it can take away all guns. I don't think many will give up their large magazines.They didn't in one New England state that tried it.  Many pistols have over ten rounds also. If the attempt is made, it will be in Blue states like California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York etc. first. These states will be testing grounds. Many will move to redder states and it will hurt Blue states IMHO.They are already losing population due to high taxes, high debt, high deficits, etc. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/gun-sales-surge-15-driven-by-self-protection-pelosi-schumer-demand-for-limits

Edited by ronwagn
reference
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jan van Eck said:

Top athletes, great scientists, leaders, artists, are all Abnormal by definition.

We are not debating abnormality or difference, but the mentally ill.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

31 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Trump has mental illness - for sure - and while I'm not obviously not a fan of his I will admit that mental illness doesn't preclude being a great leader.

You are very perceptive. You must realize that you prove my point. Mental illness is a very subjective concept. A more realistic concept is can a person FUNCTION in society. Obviously President Trump functioned much better than his overwhelming opposition. 

Edited by ronwagn
addition
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Of course they were. 

So what is your definition of mental illness. Mine is simple. Can one function in society. Of course societies differ greatly so you have that to deal with also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ronwagn said:

They didn't in one New England state that tried it. 

Magazines over 10 rounds capacity have been outlawed as of last year in Vermont.  Also, you are no longer allowed to carry a gun inside a school or a courtroom.  Other than that, it is pretty much wide open.  Personally, I think a Winchester pump-action shotgun is the best overall self-defense weapon to protect your home and family.  You don't even have to fire it.  Just rack the round into the magazine with that distinctive "kerchung - kerchung" and the perps take off like jackrabbits.  Works like a charm. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Top athletes, great scientists, leaders, artists, are all Abnormal by definition.

We are not talking abnormality or difference, but the mentally disturbed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

If the government can take away large magazines that have been allowed for decades, it can take away all guns. I don't think many will give up their large magazines.They didn't in one New England state that tried it.  Many pistols have over ten rounds also. If the attempt is made, it will be in Blue states like California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York etc. first. These states will be testing grounds. Many will move to redder states and it will hurt Blue states IMHO.They are already losing population due to high taxes, high debt, high deficits, etc. 

h7u6wchn1rl31.jpg.c195a4d031d19c8fcff88275ef340e01.jpg

 

Aaaaaand some comic relief from the satire site Babylon Bee

'When I Am President, I Will Take Away Your Guns,' Says Man Who Will Never Be President

 

- aaaaaaand -

That Alabama Sharpie Thing Identified As Most Important Issue By 78% Of Voters

article-4793-1.thumb.jpg.9a7e10c97e4cc6929b961b1a1b7a30dc.jpg

 

  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ronwagn said:

So what is your definition of mental illness. Mine is simple. Can one function in society. Of course societies differ greatly so you have that to deal with also. 

That is a lousy definition.  When you look at all those workplace shootings, the gunman was functioning just fine until he got laid off or fired.  Then he comes back with a gun and shoots up the place.  Usually, he kills his supervisor.  Is that man mentally ill?  But of course.  Did he function in society?  Sure he did.  Shot his co-workers dead nonetheless. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DayTrader said:

We are not debating abnormality or difference, but the mentally ill.

 

Yes, but some of those mentioned professions actually have  a "beneficial" mental illness as defined by the DSM-V.

If you look at the productivity of many great artists and scientists you can observe a very cyclical pattern of productivity; huge bursts of productivity (papers, works of art, etc.) and then periods of nothing.  They were manic-depressive.  Mania is powerful (extreme creativity, no need for sleep).  Then of course many kill themselves during the depressive phase.

Autistic savants, synesthesia, etc... people are weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tom Kirkman said:

h7u6wchn1rl31.jpg.c195a4d031d19c8fcff88275ef340e01.jpg

Talk about a crazy Demoncrat. They are all IMHO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep in every anecdote of someone going crazy with a gun, I'm sure they were considered just fine 5 minutes before. 

  • Great Response! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jan van Eck said:

That is a lousy definition.  When you look at all those workplace shootings, the gunman was functioning just fine until he got laid off or fired.  Then he comes back with a gun and shoots up the place.  Usually, he kills his supervisor.  Is that man mentally ill?  But of course.  Did he function in society?  Sure he did.  Shot his co-workers dead nonetheless. 

Or catches his wife cheating

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Enthalpic said:

people are weird.

we are clearly not talking of 'productive' mental illness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Magazines over 10 rounds capacity have been outlawed as of last year in Vermont.  Also, you are no longer allowed to carry a gun inside a school or a courtroom.  Other than that, it is pretty much wide open.  Personally, I think a Winchester pump-action shotgun is the best overall self-defense weapon to protect your home and family.  You don't even have to fire it.  Just rack the round into the magazine with that distinctive "kerchung - kerchung" and the perps take off like jackrabbits.  Works like a charm. 

Most police agencies have traditionally used pump shotguns for their heavy duty weapon. They rarely use them and continually say they are outgunned by criminals. They need weapons such as AR's as an alternative. When have you ever heard of a policeman using one of those shotguns. I have never heard of it. They carry large automatic pistols with 16 round magazines which are nearly as accurate as an AR for close work. They also wear armor which is increasingly effective. They carry three extra clips also, and frequently spray and pray rather than aim. When the regular police officer wants it he calls in several other police cars and even a swat team which is basically a civilian army platoon. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

we are clearly not talking of 'productive' mental illness

It's productive until it isn't.  Thankfully most just kill themselves in peace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Yep in every anecdote of someone going crazy with a gun, I'm sure they were considered just fine 5 minutes before. 

That is so true. The same is true of many prisoners released on parole or probation. They are not crazy, they are just criminals. They are outlaws. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Most police agencies have traditionally used pump shotguns for their heavy duty weapon. They rarely use them and continually say they are outgunned by criminals. They need weapons such as AR's as an alternative. When have you ever heard of a policeman using one of those shotguns. I have never heard of it. They carry large automatic pistols with 16 round magazines which are nearly as accurate as an AR for close work. They also wear armor which is increasingly effective. They carry three extra clips also, and frequently spray and pray rather than aim. When the regular police officer wants it he calls in several other police cars and even a swat team which is basically a civilian army platoon. 

 

You have an arms race within your own country.  Obvious answer more guns...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

That is a lousy definition.  When you look at all those workplace shootings, the gunman was functioning just fine until he got laid off or fired.  Then he comes back with a gun and shoots up the place.  Usually, he kills his supervisor.  Is that man mentally ill?  But of course.  Did he function in society?  Sure he did.  Shot his co-workers dead nonetheless. 

You are wrong Jan. He did not function well enough to get along in society! That is why he was fired. Maybe fired unfairly. Maybe not. He could not deal with it and lashed out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Enthalpic said:

You have an arms race within your own country.  Obvious answer more guns...

European police often carry weapons that are the equivalent of AR's. They don't use shotguns. that I know of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

3 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

European police often carry weapons that are the equivalent of AR's. They don't use shotguns. that I know of. 

I thought most British cops don't even carry a gun at all.

Then again - I'm into bicycling and the Tour de France had crazy security this year.  Full blown soldiers everywhere. France wasn't going to let terror take their race away.

Edited by Enthalpic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Magazines over 10 rounds capacity have been outlawed as of last year in Vermont.  Also, you are no longer allowed to carry a gun inside a school or a courtroom.  Other than that, it is pretty much wide open.  Personally, I think a Winchester pump-action shotgun is the best overall self-defense weapon to protect your home and family.  You don't even have to fire it.  Just rack the round into the magazine with that distinctive "kerchung - kerchung" and the perps take off like jackrabbits.  Works like a charm. 

It is a great short range weapon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Enthalpic said:

I thought most British cops don't even carry a gun at all.

Nope

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

AND IN LIGHTER NEWS...

Now THAT is a graph I like. Surprised only 64%

Compare that to the HK thread one.

Edited by DayTrader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Magazines over 10 rounds capacity have been outlawed as of last year in Vermont.  Also, you are no longer allowed to carry a gun inside a school or a courtroom.  Other than that, it is pretty much wide open.  Personally, I think a Winchester pump-action shotgun is the best overall self-defense weapon to protect your home and family.  You don't even have to fire it.  Just rack the round into the magazine with that distinctive "kerchung - kerchung" and the perps take off like jackrabbits.  Works like a charm. 

You can't carry it around in your pocket though, and is unwieldy in hallways etc, unless short barreled. Most prefer a semiautomatic pistol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.