Trump Will Win In 2020 #DT2020

(edited)

58 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

If a parent wants his/her daughter to be able to go into a restroom which is only for ‘true’ females...how can you disagree with them?

Minding your own business and nodding off in a Thai cowboy style jail cell and waking up with a bunch of lady boys around you, and their best mates (men who had the slip and cut) in the ladies cell next door, all with beards (very confusing), adds another dynamic, its a confusing world we live in at present but evolve or stagnate...... True Story- No Names

Edited by James Regan

21 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Minding your own business and nodding off in a Thai cowboy style jail cell and waking up with a bunch of lady boys around you, and their best mates (men who had the slip and cut) in the ladies cell next door, all with beards (very confusing), adds another dynamic, its a confusing world we live in at present but evolve or stagnate...... True Story- No Names

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Unfortunately, Tom, that is imprecise.  Regrettably some children are born with

When your "argument" is 0.00000000000000000000000001% of the population, you sir, are intrinsically lying.  For what reason?  No one knows other than being an ass is certain.  

2 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

When your "argument" is 0.00000000000000000000000001% of the population, you sir, are intrinsically lying.  For what reason?  No one knows other than being an ass is certain.  

Hold on here! If what Jan says is true, although in reference to a minuscule portion of the population, then how come you refer to him as an ‘ass’?

I disagree with his logic and have posted my reply. Calling him an ‘ass’ is uncalled for.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Jan, what you are talking about isn’t really the issue, is it?

Sure it is.  Tom made a flat-out exclusionary statement, and I point out that, in nature, there is always a variation.  It is a bit like that fellow that showed up here and said I was an "anti-science."  I don't rise to the bait in that one, that is being a troll, but Tom was being perfectly serious in being doctrinaire.  I gently point out that, in Nature, there is always a variation.

If someone is born with a genetic defect, that is one thing. When they are born with a complete set of genitalia, that is another.

But of course.  I was not referencing the default state where one set of complete genitalia are present.  That is the default condition for just about everyone.  It is what it is. 

Some may have confusion about their ‘given’ gender as it relates to their mental state

Nobody has "confusion."  One may not like it, but it is what it is.   

But I believe that for many in the LGBTXYZ community it is simply a matter of choice.

I would remain reluctant to ascribe motive to a group that I have no experience with other than casual contact as an outsider.  I would have no objective way to "believe" anything as to the mind of another, so I would step back from that one. 

If that assumption is correct, then I am opposed to handcuffing the un-confused, which is the majority of the population, to the whims and wants of the confused.

That is obvious.

If a parent wants his/her daughter to be able to go into a restroom which is only for ‘true’ females...how can you disagree with them?

I assuredly cannot.  I would not.  Were I a Schools Administrator, I would flat-out forbid males inside girls' lavatories, the whole idea is preposterous..  It is a commentary on the evolution of thinking inside the Democratic Party that Identity Politics has taken such a major front seat at the table.  Those are multi-use, multi-stall facilities, not designed for multi-gender accommodation simultaneously.  Further, not to put too fine a point on it, the absence of urinals inside those girls' lavatories makes them unsuitable for boys by design. You cannot change nature's design by administrative fiat. 

• Like 1

Again, very well put.

I really don’t care if some is LGBTXYZ, a Martian or an axe murderer (I might be reaching on that last one, but you get the point) as long as they do not try to force their beliefs and lifestyles on me. Live and let live.

That said, I see absolutely no reason for Gay Pride parades...for example.

13 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Hold on here! If what Jan says is true, although in reference to a minuscule portion of the population, then how come you refer to him as an ‘ass’?

I disagree with his logic and have posted my reply. Calling him an ‘ass’ is uncalled for.

The reason "footeab" does what he does is to be a troll and take yet another swing at me, which this fellow seems to delight in doing.  That is being a troll.  I do not respond to that sort of baiting.  That said, Mr Alberta  (I would assume that the "ab" part stands for Alberta, it is the postal code for the province, as I recall) happens to be factually incorrect.  The actual number of mutations is unknown, but unfortunately quite a bit higher than the "o.ooooo" etc number.  There is no incentive for reporting, and as parents are mortified to have a non-gender or a truncated-gender child, the Birth Certificate will have a specific selection and the paperwork is complete for societal purposes. 

As there is no objective way to determine the extent, other than from anecdotal evidence, society is faced with a dilemma:  how does it mold to absorb persons with no clear gender identity via the genitalia?  Western societies are unique in that, other than the more backwards ones in the Southern Tier, they develop this administrative flexibility to be fully inclusive.   You see that in the Americans with Disabilities Act, which does impose large costs but assures equal  access. 

As far as being called an "ass," a polite short-form of asshole,  well, I am not going to respond to that.  This is still a professional oil-man platform.  Mr. Alberta wants to be a seventh-grader, that is up to him.  His teacher can give him another "C". 

(edited)

11 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

That said, I see absolutely no reason for Gay Pride parades...for example.

Yet it allows those participants to feel better about themselves.  So it has that positive benefit. 

Remember that homosexuality is little understood in American society.  It is very much an outlier, yet it would appear to be a constant, encompassing perhaps 4% of the population.  That is not insignificant.  As a society, we try to be kind to others.  If it takes a parade in some city to provide some form of salving, balm on the hurt of rejection, then hey, I can roll with it.  Keeping in mind that homosexual people tend to move to cities, thus increasing the density inside those cities, the numbers are considerable.  For example, Montreal is easily better than 10% homosexual population.  You don't want to start scorning that group, even if only by inadvertence.  Chacun a son gout, as they say. 

Edited by Jan van Eck
scrivener error
  • Upvote 1

Being a rational adult, for the most part anyway, I would think that we as a society should be able to accommodate the small percentage of our population who are afflicted with the mutations being discussed. Granted it is a touchy subject for those afflicted and their families, and kids can be brutal to other kids, but with some forethought and effort we should be able to address the issue.

Let’s face it Jan, anyone who admits to smuggling Edom cheese....and who eats and enjoys it, cannot possibly be playing with a full deck...😂

• Great Response! 1

Were these threads supposed to be about oil? How do we continue to get sidetracked into gun control, LGBT, Jan being an ass, etc...😂

8 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Let’s face it Jan, anyone who admits to smuggling Edom cheese....and who eats and enjoys it, cannot possibly be playing with a full deck...😂

Touche!    

Again, a small societal minority, possibly statistically insignificant.....  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Were these threads supposed to be about oil? How do we continue to get sidetracked into gun control, LGBT, Jan being an ass, etc...😂

This is what happens when the posters are on opposite sides of the planet: one group is getting off shift and ready for bed, totally punch-drunk from the hard work of the day, and another is already twelve hours past bedtime and either suffering from a hang-over or struggling to wake up.  The mind meanders, and next thing you know, the thread is way off-topic......   Oh, well; chalk it up to the results of a highly productive labour force. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Lots of LGBT 🏳️‍🌈 gun touting ass$&@3s in the oil field. And worse , not stating that the aforementioned are bad in any way, live and let live. 

11 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Lots of LGBT 🏳️‍🌈 gun touting ass$&@3s in the oil field. And worse , not stating that the aforementioned are bad in any way, live and let live. 

20190910_201048.thumb.jpg.c7bc75281bf69d429023349343189dd3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 3

But what about the slippery, slimy, unwashed, unshaven, mentally deficient, politically incorrect Oilfield Trash? Surely we are not meant to accept these heathen into polite society?

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Surely we are not meant to accept these heathen into polite society?

Definitely not!   And now you know why we have exclusionary politics.  Next thing you know, those oilfield guys will be in the Officers' Club drinking lemonade.  Compliments of Lawrence, that notorious protocol-buster.  At least, in the movies. 😎

• Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 9:12 AM, DayTrader said:

Apologies if you've seen this. It's an OilPrice article, rather fitting... 

- The Democratic presidential candidates are gearing up for a lengthy town hall event on CNN covering climate change, where they will discuss a range of plans that will entirely upend the U.S. energy sector. In the last few months, the candidates have tried to outdo each other as they released ever more aggressive plans on energy and climate change, engaging in an arms race of sorts with trillion-dollar spending plans. 

- There is still quite a gulf between, say, Vice President Joe Biden’s $1.7 trillion plan and Senator Bernie Sanders’ $16.3 trillion plan and everything in between. There is arguably an even greater ideological difference in the modest carbon tax proposals and R&D clean tech funding from South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, which very much rely on private companies and leave existing energy markets largely untouched, and the more dramatic economic and social transformation embedded in Sen. Sanders’ plan, which, among other things, calls for publicly-owned utilities to lead the way on renewable energy.

- But perhaps the most striking thing about the climate plans is where the candidates agree. The proposals range in scope, but they are undoubtedly bold visions for a clean energy transition. It was too long ago that a modest carbon tax was seen as controversial; now the baseline in the Democratic Party is a complete phase out of fossil fuels in the medium- to long-term. The Overton window has very much been moved. As Bloomberg noted, there are several issues that they all agree on. For instance, they will all rejoin the Paris Climate Accord, which, given the scale of the climate crisis, is child’s play. That’s the bare minimum and almost not worth mentioning, especially since it relied on voluntary commitments anyway. It was also done by the prior Democratic administration so it shouldn’t be seen as any sort of bold proposal for change.

- More relevant for the oil and gas sector is the call to end subsidies for fossil fuels, which total as much as $14.7 billion annually, including deductions for intangible drilling costs; last-in, first-out accounting; master-limited partnership tax exemptions; and low-cost royalty and leasing rates on federal lands, among others. Some of this was also proposed by the Obama administration but stalled in Congress. It may give some oil executives a bit of heartburn to see their subsidies on the chopping block, but even if passed, these measures wouldn’t fundamentally disrupt the industry.

- But here is where it gets really tricky if you are an oil and gas driller. Many of the top tier candidates want to revoke the permits or otherwise block major long-distance pipelines, including Keystone XL, Dakota Access, Line 3, Line 5, and essentially any other project of this nature. This will severely damage Canada’s oil sands, which will begin to lose access to the U.S. market. Oil sands producers would only have the Pacific Ocean as their way out.

- Moving on to other ambitious proposals. All of the candidates – at least all of the viable ones – have vowed to end drilling on federal lands. This was something Senator Elizabeth Warren came out with early on, and other candidates have followed suit. No new leases for offshore drilling, none for BLM land, etc. The candidates point out that to fundamentally transform the energy system, and to hit climate targets that are becoming exceedingly difficult to reach, oil and gas reserves need to be left in the ground.

- Some candidates want a ban on oil exports and a ban on fracking. Many of them have some version of a net-zero emissions target, although the timeframes vary. That means eliminating fossil fuels from the energy system entirely, including full electrification of the transportation fleet. While much of these ideas target fossil fuels, at the same time the candidates want to invest trillions in renewable energy, cleantech R&D, EV fleets and infrastructure, green manufacturing, and a litany of other initiatives intended to accelerate the transition off of fossil fuels.

- This is by no means a comprehensive look at all the details of individual climate proposals. But the point is that the U.S. oil and gas industry would be phased out of existence. Much of the plans are hypothetical, and would require heavy lifts by the U.S. Congress. Passing legislation that overhauls huge sectors of the economy is not something the institution is known for.

- But there is plenty of room for executive action, notably on major pipeline infrastructure, fracking, air regulations, and drilling on public lands. The President won’t need to turn to Congress to still upend the oil and gas industry. It’s telling that in the last few weeks, much has been made of the Trump administration’s regulatory rollback on methane emissions, a signature policy from the Obama administration. It’s a testament to the scope and scale of the climate proposals from the 2020 candidates that regulating methane is such an afterthought, a miniscule policy idea compared to the transformational packages on offer.

I am surprised when I hear  some  candidates  targets  is  ZERO CARBON EMISSION at a short time !

Please  STOP using coal and coke first in a  planned four year period , If you could do that ,then I beleive all that you say !

(edited)

21 hours ago, Mehrdad Nematollahi said:

Please  STOP using coal and coke first in a  planned four year period , If you could do that ,then I believe all that you say !

Here's the thing: the Chinese are starting up a new coal-fired generating station at the rate of one a week.  Their consumption of coal will overwhelm anything the US does in reduction.  If an individual in the USA really wants to make an impact in coal-reduction, then the logical approach is to stop buying Chinese goods, which in turn lowers demand for Chinese coal-produced electricity. 

If the USA was serious about getting off coal for electricity generation, it would go full-bore in building a modular-design nuclear plant.  Where the USA went wrong was to build each plant as a one-off design, so there would be, and could be, no learning curve that comes from a series of identical plants.  Also the US caved to the lunatic fringe that demanded outrageous modifications to address purely hypothetical scenarios, none of which had ever happened, and none of which would ever happen.  The cost pressures by the lunatic fringe makes nuclear power, safe and cheap nuclear power, unattainable.  And now the same lunatic fringe wants all coal and oil and gas plants to be shut down.  What is left is whale oil.  Congratulations, lunatic fringe. 

Edited by Jan van Eck
typing error
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Welcome to OilPrice.com.

Potentially the only place in the world where a forum thread entitled 'Trump Will Win In 2020' will discuss ladyboys, public lavatories, 16 inch cocks, abortion, suicide, gun laws, LGBTXYZ482KW, various forms of genitalia and Edam cheese. 

You gotta love it.

6 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

The mind meanders, and next thing you know, the thread is way off-topic......   Oh, well; chalk it up to the results of a highly productive labour force. 

Edited by Guest

Thats why we love it Day Trader!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Further, not to put too fine a point on it, the absence of urinals inside those girls' lavatories makes them unsuitable for boys by design

This'll be next though

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

This'll be next though

Nah.  The boys will just leave wet seats!

31 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

boys will just leave wet seats!

yep that's when installing urinals becomes law 

2 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

yep that's when installing urinals becomes law 

You are cottoning on as to how things work in the USA!  Congrats!

9 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

XYY is about 1:1000 males (not rare but no issues)

XXY (Klinefelter) is also about 1:1000 males (not rare, but most guys don't go around talking about their micro penis, so also unnoticed).

Androgen insensitivity is about 1:20,000 (so rare, but again most have pretty normal looking "female" habitus so again goes unnoticed).

So really about 0.2% of the population is not a "normal" XY or XX person. They just live normal lives in hiding or ignorance of their condition.

• Great Response! 1