Trump Will Win In 2020 #DT2020

23 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

At the risk of being pedantic, your Springfield contains the ammunition in  a magazine.  A "clip" is as in the picture I supplied above, where the ends of the cartridge fit into a mating groove in an open holder.  A magazine has the rounds fully enclosed and they are pushed into position with a spring underneath a floating plate inside. One aspect of the magazine is that it can be swapped out for an extended-capacity magazine, such as the one in the picture below, without any changes to the gun itself.  Incidentally, these are banned in Vermont, considered unnecessary for the purpose of that gun and thus inherently dangerous to society. Not needed in a rural society, no gangs of criminals coming at you if you are a single woman........

image.thumb.png.2eba4734ea41a6400791235c87978563.png

Again, one of the most unfortunate aspects of urban life is these gangs of criminals that prey upon the unarmed.  You get that in Sao Paulo and in Capetown, to the nth degree.  The defense measure is the high-capacity magazine  (and the ability to use it effectively against the vicious criminals).  All of that is in an urban setting, excepting perhaps India, where predators rape and murder young women constantly.  They do that because the State is impotent to administer any effective punishment.  Another good reason not to go there. 

I had never even thought about getting one of these, it would make it more difficult to keep out of sight, even if you don't have it on your person. That gun is large enough to be an issue in the Mustang, it takes up a considerable amount of the space in the center console, wont even fit in the door pockets so it wouldn't be considered concealed. I live in Texas, and they declared our vehicles an extension of our homes so it is legal to have it concealed in our cars, but not on our person without the CHL

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SERWIN said:

I carry a Springfield .45 XDM in my vehicle everywhere I go, with an extra clip....13 rounds in each

That is heavy duty! 

34 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

That is heavy duty! 

Loaded with hollow points as well

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

Loaded with hollow points as well

I load the best I can find once I fire some on the range. At my age, I prefer smaller pistols so have a subcompact .380 Ruger LCP for my pocket. A compact Ruger LC9  and another compact which is bigger (Security Nine) but holds 15 rounds per mag. All are great pistols, but inexpensive and made in Arizona. 

On 9/7/2019 at 3:21 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

GOP welcomes Democrats to New Hampshire with a banner.  Real Life can be amusing.  Honk Honk!

fmn8xhkwv6l31.jpg

• Haha 1

I also have the .40 XD, it was my first Springfield and I liked it so much I went in for the .45, they didn't have the regular, just the match barrel in stock and it only 100.00 more for the entire kit so I went for it. I like it better than the 1911's, more ammo and significantly lighter, and no hammer to get pinched on...lol that hurts. I am having the barrel ported to reduce the kick, not that it is a horse, but it will help when my GF or son shoots it. I always load one round into any firearm I give to someone that has not ever fired it just in case it gets away from them they don't have the means to misfire pointing in the wrong direction...lol, the video on YT where the girl fires the pistol and it goes straight back and the barrel ends up on her forehead.....hmmmmm

They need a picture of the BIGGEST CLOWN in the United States ! The billboard should be a HUGE SWAMP THE INDEPENDENT PARTY OF trumpf! The True REPUBLICANS hate him and the MORONS WHO SUPPORT IT ! BUT THEN THEY ARE LIARS AND TEACH THEIR KIDS TO LIE THE trumpf WAY SO VERY SAD HIS BASE 75% DO T EVEN PAY TAXES , THEY GET BACK EVERYTHING THEY PUT IN BECAUSE THEY DONT MAKE ENOUGH TO PAY TAXES! SO WE GET IT . 

Here is the thing that most people don't understand or probably ever think about. I was attacked by three black men down in Houston, they rammed me with a jeep that was probably stolen. They did what is refered to as a bump stop. They are expecting the person they just bump to jump out and go look at the damage while they jump in the your car and steal it. i did not do that, and when they got out I was still sitting in the car about to call the police. The driver came over and made it clear that I was at fault and I was going to "compensate him". I told him that we would call the police about that and I would break out the dash cam and we would let the officer make the determination. That is when the entire attitude changed, I had two black kids trying to reach into my car and get hold of the cam from me, so the vehicle they were driving was probably stolen as well. I left and went down to the next corner and pulled into a gas station to call the police. Next thing I know that black jeep pulls in behind me and straifs up the side of my car, and then they backed up and tried to ram the front wheel to disable the car. I could have very well pulled out the .45 and shot them all three dead right there in the parking lot of the gas station, but I did not. This is the part that most people don't consider. Those rounds would have gone right through the perps and god only knows where they would have gone afterwards. In a residential zone near a school, anything bad could have happened. These guys wanted that friggin dash cam and they did not care what they had to do to get it. I refused to shoot them because of the danger to the other people in the area, and I also didn't want to be hearing about the outrage of another white man getting away with shooting a black man in the news. It took Houston Police dept almost ten minutes to respond, and I finally met up with them about 8-10 blocks from where the incident started. My car was utterly destroyed, and to top it all off, I can't get a police report, or even a response from the officer that gave me the case number, so my insurance has just dropped it and not paid me a dime. So there it is, my portion of white privilege, a destroyed car with no reparation from the insurance, a car payment I really didn't want(mine was paid off) And really can't afford, and because I DIDN'T shoot them on the street I don't have anything but a couple of witnesses to the end of the attack. After my wife died I have been strapped trying to keep up with everything like the house payment and such. Two children and one income down was tough, and after 2015 and being laid off twice it really hurt my finances. I am about to go talk to a lawyer about what my rights are, the insurance company has my car and I have nothing in return.....

I guess what I am trying to say is "A gun is really only a last ditch effort to protect yourself when all avenues of escape are gone and you are really left with no other obvious choice". People have to consider that wisdom before they carry a gun with them, and be ready for the consequences if they fire a weapon in self defense and injure someone else in the process.

• Upvote 1

If you had previously said just 5% of that story I wouldn't have said a word buddy. Apologies.

15 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

The USA averages a mass shooting one a day.  Mass shooting is defined as four or more shot by one gunman.

Not protected at all, in reality.  First, in Vermont, more people are killed by police using AR-15 rifles than any other source.  Having the police heavily armed is a serious error.  They do that in New Jersey because of the vast amount of heavily armed criminals in places like Newark and Camden.  It is ridiculous in any rural State.  I have vigorously argued against any rifle that is not bolt-action in the State press here  (gets met with heavy boos, but that goes with the territory).  In my view the police should be fitted with tranquilizer guns that shoot a dart, they are good for lions, should be good for a human.  The suspect is dropped into a sleep, wakes up 40 minutes later in a jail cell, no guns needed, his gun confiscated.    Policemen doing killings is a serious American problem.  Here in Vermont that composes the majority of deaths by guns.  Indeed, most in the last two years have been done by one man, who has shot four, killed three. And he has not been fired, including even after my protests here.  When you ask around in his hometown, everyone describes him as a complete asshole.  SO: what is that guy doing driving around with an AR-15 and no compunction about shooting people?  This is not a man who should have a gun; it is a man who belongs in jail for murder.  25 to life, if you please.

I am not protected at all by the police.  The nearest one is 40 minutes away.  I do not even bother with owning a gun, don't have to.  My neighbors are all heavily armed; there are more guns within a half mile in private homes then there are down at the State Police Barracks.  My neighbors protect me.  I know that; they know that; the thieves know that everyone is armed, so don't even attempt to break in a place where there are people around. In this area the drug-addict crime of choice is shoplifting from the big-box stores.  No addict tries to steal your lawnmower because they assume, correctly, that the homeowner will shoot them dead and leave the body out in the forest, for the wildlife to eat the carrion.  That is the case in any rural State in the USA.  

Look, there are two Americas.  There is rural,  which is very safe, and heavily armed, and there is urban, which in some cities is quite safe  (i.e. New York) and others where it is quite dangerous.  In those cities, i.e. Boston,  areas are quite dangerous, and gangs of blacks will attack and seriously hurt you if you are white and walking down the street.  I parked in a black area south of downtown in order to grab some dinner; a local schoolteacher (a black fellow) stopped me and warned me not to be naive and leave immediately, as I would with certainty be assaulted, robbed, and either shot or cut.  That is the reality of urban America.  Now, the politicians have disarmed the population in Urban States, and the question becomes: is the absence of personal firearms in those States correlative or causative to the crime?  That is really where the arguments are.  In my view, if you have enough policemen, such as in New York City, you have few guns and little crime.  In Boston, with much fewer policemen, you have no guns and thus you have lots and lots of crime on the person, right on the street in broad daylight.  Americans are heavily armed and do concealed carry (and open carry) precisely because the society is unwilling to pay for lots of policemen.  Vermont has no gun laws, and the lowest crime rates.  Everybody is armed, and nobody shoots anyone  (police excepted, and that is a big problem the society has not sorted out).  Is this unique to America?  Not at all.  I invite you to look at South Africa. 

I brought that up, because that is both the historical and the legal reason.   The American Founders were wary of government, knew that governments became ossified and oppressive, and did not want to have a "standing army," thinking the armed citizens were a better protecting force.  Even as late as 1960 you have generals of the Army making very public statements warning his fellow Americans about the dangers of a large army and a "military-industrial complex" perniciously feeding off each other.  That warning, by a US President who was previously an Army 4-star general, was prescient, as we now see with Lockheed Martin building the F-35 frankenplane. WLuld the US Govt, in the absence of a heavily armed population, devolve into an oppressive autocracy?  Of course it would. Would the US Govt attempt to subdue and subjugate the citizens?  Of course it would, and is doing so right now, using cyber-spying and the NSA electronic surveillance system.  Are Americans prepared to shoot those people?  Yes, the most assuredly are. 

No one argues that the mentally ill should have a gun.  Indeed, all the school shooters  - 100% - were mentally ill people.  The unresolved issue is only the mechanism by which the society removes guns from those who are a risk to others because they are disturbed.  Historically,  those people were placed in confinement in mental hospitals.  Then the State  (read:  "Democrats") abolished those in favor of "community re-integrations."  That part has been an abysmal failure.  The disastrous mess today is the direct result of failed, fundamentally stupid, policies of yesterday.  And that happens; not every societal program is a rousing success.  Some are abject failures.  Keeping guns away from the mentally ill is a huge problem.  My solution is to require gun owners to have sturdy gun safes, so as to exclude others from access.   Expensive?  So are murders. So spend the money on the gun safes. 

It would be an excellent, rational basis for owning guns.  Mr. Trump has unstable views, that are distorted.  All that said, I personally doubt that anyone, especially the Army, would go follow Trump's orders and seize parts of America.  The more likely result is that they would hunker down in the barracks, and possibly call out a battalion to ring and protect the Pentagon.  The only time I know of where a military unit shot at civilians inside the USA was in Ohio, and those men were a State Guard unit, poorly trained and undisciplined rednecks who play wannabe soldier on the weekends.  They shot up Kent State college, killing four.   Undisciplined rednecks are just as much a societal problem as black urban gangs.  So far, society has not figured out a good solution to either. 

America is not a perfect society, by any means.  The "gun issue" remains a knotty problem.  Yet it is an urban problem, not a rural one.  And that is part of the difficulty in finding a uniform solution, one size fits all.  Trust this helps you to understand a unique, exhilarating country!

Memes, Phone, and Police: A gun in the hand is  worth more than the  entire police force on  the phone

And after the Head of the Texas Department of Public Safety came out some years ago and actually said " It is not our job to protect your personal property" is when the gun laws in Texas started really changing. 

And you are correct, just remember that ANYONE that would go around and shoot people, be it in a school or a Walmart, they are seriously deranged. So taking all our guns away will obviously solve the entire gun problem, right? The Democrats are complete idiots!! Look at Chicago where it IS illegal to have a gun and tell me how well the words on an official government document have done ANYTHING to curb the tide of violence.... Taking people's guns will do one thing, it will allow all the urban terrorists free reign on everyone in the country. 

And what is with San Francisco officially declaring the NRA an urban terrorist organization? I don't think they have named MS-13 as a terrorist organization, or any other gangs for that matter, have they? What a bunch of ignorant crap that is, like they don't have anything better to do with their time.

16 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

America is not a perfect society, by any means.  The "gun issue" remains a knotty problem.  Yet it is an urban problem, not a rural one.  And that is part of the difficulty in finding a uniform solution, one size fits all.  Trust this helps you to understand a unique, exhilarating country!

And that is exactly why the electoral college is in place, so the urban areas don't have the majority vote to rule over most of the country that they do not occupy, it is a way of balancing out the power so to speak. Could you imagine living in Vermont and being ruled by the whim of NYC or Chicago. That would mean that the only things ever addressed would be the concerns of the big cities..... Our founding fathers put a LOT of consideration into the way the system was established.

1 hour ago, SERWIN said:

the insurance company has my car and I have nothing in return..

This is known as a "Bad Faith Insurance Settlement Practice."  My guess is that the insurer was either Allstate, State Farm or Nationwide, the worst offenders out there when it comes to bad-faith settlement practices.  The insurer has what is known as "an Utmost duty of care" to you as they are your Insurer, and I would argue that, by the receipt and exchange of confidential information, they are also your Fiduciary.  All that places great burdens on the insurer to engage in good-faith claims settlement, and generally they would have 90 days to settle your claim. 

Personally I would sue the insurer, in multiple counts alleging bad faith claims settlement practices, breach of fiduciary duties, unjust enrichment  (they took your car), breach of contract, and engaging in those acts and practices with scienter.  Then I would ask for the value of buying a spanking new car, plus the sales taxes, as damages, special damages, exemplary and punitive damages, costs, and a reasonable attorney fee on an attorney-client basis.  I would also toss in a claim for Unfair Trade Practices Act violations, assuming your State does not carve out an exemption for that from liability  (some states exempt banks and insurers from UTPA violations).   Any jury that hears this story is going to totally hammer the insurer. 

Why would they take the car?  If they are rejecting the claim, they would also reject surrender of the car.  That part is puzzling.  Get someone who will go the distance and retire on the proceeds.  Insurers like that are pond scum. Kick their ass. 

P.S.  You are a lot cooler than I am.  If I were in that situation I would have ... well, you figure that out.   Scum of the planet. 

15 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

This is known as a "Bad Faith Insurance Settlement Practice."  My guess is that the insurer was either Allstate, State Farm or Nationwide, the worst offenders out there when it comes to bad-faith settlement practices.  The insurer has what is known as "an Utmost duty of care" to you as they are your Insurer, and I would argue that, by the receipt and exchange of confidential information, they are also your Fiduciary.  All that places great burdens on the insurer to engage in good-faith claims settlement, and generally they would have 90 days to settle your claim. 

Personally I would sue the insurer, in multiple counts alleging bad faith claims settlement practices, breach of fiduciary duties, unjust enrichment  (they took your car), breach of contract, and engaging in those acts and practices with scienter.  Then I would ask for the value of buying a spanking new car, plus the sales taxes, as damages, special damages, exemplary and punitive damages, costs, and a reasonable attorney fee on an attorney-client basis.  I would also toss in a claim for Unfair Trade Practices Act violations, assuming your State does not carve out an exemption for that from liability  (some states exempt banks and insurers from UTPA violations).   Any jury that hears this story is going to totally hammer the insurer. 

Why would they take the car?  If they are rejecting the claim, they would also reject surrender of the car.  That part is puzzling.  Get someone who will go the distance and retire on the proceeds.  Insurers like that are pond scum. Kick their ass. 

P.S.  You are a lot cooler than I am.  If I were in that situation I would have ... well, you figure that out.   Scum of the planet. 

You wouldn't be, they would just settle after you spout all that legalese - they aren't dumb. 

I once threatened legal action while handing the person my lawyers business card - they backed down immediately.  Not only was it a total bluff, the lawyer didn't even practice that kind of law.  :)

Ryan Ray sounds off a bit about presidential candidates hyping Climate Panic Armageddon, and calls them out as frauds for lying.  Green New Deal nonsense and lies.

============================

Ryan:  "... So where's that $10 trillion coming from?"

Josh: "Your wallet."

Ryan: "My wallet.  So you're not only an idiot, you're a thief, and you're going to use a gun, to point it at me, to take my money, to use use it for your crap that you don't believe in.  I have zero respect for you as a man, as a person, and any other person of power, who will use the sword to promulgate this nonsense."

==============================

Ryan is the guy in the grey shirt; I've been a guest on his show 3 times in the past, and he is loads of fun to have lively oil & gas discussions with.  Intelligent, aware Texan with a low tolerance for stupid politician bullpoop about oil & gas.  10 minute video on LinkedIn:

Texas Oil & Gas podcast

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/ryanraysr_oilpatch-drilling-oilandgas-ugcPost-6578026025664475136-kh-B

• Like 1

(edited)

Haha watching it now. Apparently he's a white supremacist.

The debate is on guns now...         just sayin

Edited by Guest

(edited)

3 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Trump's latest poke at the clown circus

Oh I thought it was just 'aeroplanes' ? Oh that was the NY Times. Your press is great...

I'm watching debate. They complain about companies that save money by sending jobs overseas.

5 minutes later they are moaning about trade war with China, (part of which being where Trump wants these jobs back to USA).

5 minutes later Biden saying whole world needs to take on China. Wait, what, you were all just against it?

#Clownfest

Image result for fake news meme

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, geno said:

They need a picture of the BIGGEST CLOWN in the United States ! The billboard should be a HUGE SWAMP THE INDEPENDENT PARTY OF trumpf! The True REPUBLICANS hate him and the MORONS WHO SUPPORT IT ! BUT THEN THEY ARE LIARS AND TEACH THEIR KIDS TO LIE THE trumpf WAY SO VERY SAD HIS BASE 75% DO T EVEN PAY TAXES , THEY GET BACK EVERYTHING THEY PUT IN BECAUSE THEY DONT MAKE ENOUGH TO PAY TAXES! SO WE GET IT . 

EnGlisH OnLY PleaSE

Yep, it was unreal Tom. Saw the whole thing. 

5 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Yep, it was unreal Tom. Saw the whole thing. 

Ouch.  I would not be able to subject myself to watching this.

Comedy gold buddy 

Post debate updates ...

33mv6hjrz9m31.thumb.jpg.1f812d6ce266ad56a45800f7736b2ff4.jpg

895442kgt9m31.jpg.c49e699957abd4a9e4085b97fc5b2f7d.jpg