Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kirkman

Iran Confirms Adrian Darya Has Offloaded All Its Oil, Likely To Syria

And in totally unexpected news, Iran once again breaks a written agreement.  Its assurances are apparently meaningless.  I'm shocked.  Shocked I tell you!

The Tylers on ZeroHedge report:

Iran Confirms Adrian Darya Has Offloaded All Its Oil, Likely To Syria

It's official: Iran says its Adrian Darya tanker has finally offloaded its 2.1 million barrels of Iranian oil Sunday after it was days ago spotted off the Syrian port of Tartus, bringing a lengthy standoff with the US and UK which sought to capture the vessel's valuable cargo to an end. 

"The Adrian Darya oil tanker finally docked on the Mediterranean coast... and unloaded its cargo," Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi said according to state-run IRNA. He didn't name the country which purchased the oil, but satellite images reveal the IRGC-controlled vessel hasn't left Syria's coast. 

Part of the US case for pressing UK/Gibraltar authorities to not release the vessel from detention last month was that it would ultimately attempt an 'illegal' delivery of its Iranian crude worth about $130 million to Syria.

Gibraltar's Aug. 15th release of the vessel came only after Iran issued a written assurance it would not deliver the Iranian oil to Syria, in violation of EU sanctions.

At the start of this weekend after the Iranian tanker was observed within a few nautical miles of Syria's coast, John Bolton issued an 'I told ya so' type tweet, saying, "Anyone who said the Adrian Darya-1 wasn't headed to Syria is in denial."   

/ edit     oops, earlier thread:

Hahah no problem, I just had the news it was by the port.

You got the big ''hold the front page'' news scoop Tom. 

I'm stunned too, who would have thought that Iran were full of it?

Was it flouting EU sanctions? Clearly flouting USA sanctions, but has anything involving Syria passed the USA smell test in recent years? I suppose Assad did fight ISIL to a point, but that was defending his own skin.