Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abc bcd

Iran says tanker oil sold at sea, buyer sets destination

America should start targeting these tankers and disable them at sea dragon in the ports offload the oil and confiscate it! Many Americans are not opposed to turning Iran into a solid sheet of glass.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

Satellite images appeared to show the vessel, the Adrian Darya-1, off the coast of Syria on Friday, 🤣

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 22.24.50.png

Image result for Iran tanker in syria satellite image

This is the first time I see the ship's home port (painted at astern) name misaligned. Lol.

And then they painted some alpha digits unnecessarily.

An Iranian flag flutters onboard the Adrian Darya oil tanker, formerly known as Grace 1, off the coast of Gibraltar in August 2019

And by the way, let me test few maritime consultants here as to what these Alpha Digits represent.

Go Google if you are lucky.

Will post my answer on this later. 

20 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Iran would drop a string of mines across the Strait.  These could be either contact or magnetic mines.  Any ship passing over would get blown up.  To understand the effectiveness of mines, peruse the Turkish use of them in the Dardanelles during WWI.  Churchill, then Vice Lord of the Admiralty  (or Maybe Sea Lord, I forget) sent the fleet up the Dardanelles, they all got totally hammered by the mines set there.  Mines are effective weapons, for which the wooden-hulled minesweeper was developed.  Still a risky business to de-activate them.  And the Iranians can lay a fresh batch.  Mines are cheap; ships are expensive; classical asymmetric warfare. 

Do you consider mines as asymmetric warfare?

Wouldn’t you define laying mines as a military action?

(edited)

??    🤨

Edited by Guest

(edited)

Gibraltar’s leader attempted to deescalate the crisis with Iran over the fate of an oil tanker on Friday, saying it was “difficult to see” whether Tehran breached an agreement not to sell its oil to Syria.

This bit kinda tells you everything. First sentence. 

Edited by Guest