cv

Greenpeace protestors: They should be charged with disruption and reckless endangerment: Greenpeace protest closes part of Houston Ship Channel

Recommended Posts

Greenpeace protest closes part of Houston Ship Channel

 

A portion of the Houston Ship Channel closed early Thursday morning local time because of Greenpeace activists suspended from the Fred Hartman Bridge in a protest ahead of Democratic Party debate later in the day near downtown Houston.

 

A tweet from the environmental group showed a person suspended from the bridge and said "Greenpeace activists are in Houston blocking the largest oil export channel in the country to confront the oil industry."

A portion of the ship channel remains closed with one inbound and two outbound ships holding their positions, according to the Coast Guard.

The Harris County Sheriff Office tweeted that it is aware of demonstrations on the bridge and is monitoring the situation with other public safety partners.

Markets were assessing the impact of the closure. "[There are two VLGCs ballasting in front of the channel's entrance and expect two laden ones to depart from Targa and Enterprise by the end of today. So if the channel is re-opened today, it will have almost no impact on the LPG side," a source said.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And when they are done they'll go back to their lives and items all derived from oil.

Morons.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The obvious solution is to go up on the bridge and cut the rope.  Hey, make a little splash, good for the soul....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

30 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

And when they are done they'll go back to their lives and items all derived from oil.

Morons.

They got there by using oil as a fuel and oil in every form imaginable, total jerks and scum bags

Edited by ceo_energemsier
addition
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orange Man Bad

35m8t0.jpg.6c8f9d6d8c59cfdfbe4b2fbdd54b9087.jpg

 

Greenpeace protester writes:

Why I'm Currently Blocking the Largest Oil Export Channel in the U.S.

Note: Twenty-two activist climbers from Greenpeace blockaded the Fred Hartmann Bridge in Baytown, Texas Thursday morning in order to shutdown what they called "the largest fossil fuel thoroughfare" in the country. The following is a letter from one of the activists on the bridge.

I'm currently blocking the Fred Hartman bridge in Houston, Texas as one of 22 Greenpeace climbers actively shutting down the largest petrochemical complex in the country. I gotta say—I'm nervous and anxious and scared, but today, we're taking the power back from Trump and the oil industry. I'm not afraid to tell these bullies their time is up.

I know what we're doing is brazen, but we're blocking the largest oil export shipping channel for some of the richest, most polluting oil companies in world like ExxonMobil, Chevron, BP, and Shell. And, with the next Democratic presidential debate happening tonight only miles from where we are in Houston, all eyes will be on us and our demand for urgent climate action.

See it for yourself:

Watch our livestream from Greenpeace's bridge blockade over the largest oil export channel in the U.S.—and share it with your friends now.

I can't say much because of where I am, but I don't want to see every single corner of this country be exploited for fossil fuels while communities are being torn apart by oil spills, chemical fires, and more extreme floods, fires, droughts, and storms. If we don't rise up and resist Trump and the oil industry right now, we'll soon be at the point of no return.  ...

 

... We're in a climate emergency and we must resist,

For the planet, for the climate, for future.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

but I don't want to see every single corner of this country be exploited for fossil fuels while communities are being torn apart by oil spills, chemical fires, and more extreme floods, fires, droughts, and storms

Interviewer: ''So where would this be exactly?''

Greenpeace: ''Sorry, gotta go, my lift is here.''

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greenpeace Activists Arrested for Blocking U.S. Oil Waterway

More than a dozen Greenpeace activists were arrested Thursday after partially shutting the Houston Ship Channel by suspending themselves from a bridge spanning the key oil route in protest against the fossil fuel industry.

The section of the channel between Baytown and Spilmans Island was closed, according to the Coast Guard’s Vessel Traffic Center, which said it couldn’t identify the people involved. In an email and across social media, Greenpeace claimed responsibility, and said it was taking the action ahead of Thursday night’s Democratic presidential primary debate in Houston.  ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Greenpeace claimed responsibility, and said it was taking the action ahead of Thursday night’s Democratic presidential primary debate in Houston.  ...

.... you know the one, the debate that all the candidates flew to, with the unicorn fuel. 

They're my green heroes. 

Edited by DayTrader
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

oil spills, chemical fires, and more extreme floods, fires, droughts, and storms. If we don't rise up and resist Trump and the oil industry right now, we'll soon be at the point of no return.  ...

LOL Tom just noticed this. Genius. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DayTrader said:

LOL Tom just noticed this. Genius. 

And there it is.  Told ya so.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, ceo_energemsier said:

Greenpeace protest closes part of Houston Ship Channel

 

A portion of the Houston Ship Channel closed early Thursday morning local time because of Greenpeace activists suspended from the Fred Hartman Bridge in a protest ahead of Democratic Party debate later in the day near downtown Houston.

 

A tweet from the environmental group showed a person suspended from the bridge and said "Greenpeace activists are in Houston blocking the largest oil export channel in the country to confront the oil industry."

A portion of the ship channel remains closed with one inbound and two outbound ships holding their positions, according to the Coast Guard.

The Harris County Sheriff Office tweeted that it is aware of demonstrations on the bridge and is monitoring the situation with other public safety partners.

Markets were assessing the impact of the closure. "[There are two VLGCs ballasting in front of the channel's entrance and expect two laden ones to depart from Targa and Enterprise by the end of today. So if the channel is re-opened today, it will have almost no impact on the LPG side," a source said.

 

 

Yes. I’m all for anybody’s right to protest. However, putting yourself on a playing field you don’t belong in should have consequences 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.