Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TI

Cost of oil

Current oil price is $55 - $60 at current level ? Does this cost include cost of transportation OR does it represent cost of production only ? 

Whats the average cost of transporting oil from Middle East to China, India and USA ?. Whats the cost of refining ? 

Thanks

(edited)

WTI is currently $55 yep and Brent $60.

Do you mean per barrel for refining / transport or what % of the 55-60 are these costs?

Edited by Guest

DT,

I think what he is getting at is where the price/bbl is actually assigned. Is that at the wellhead? At the introduction to the pipeline or refinery, etc... Essentially what costs are included in the WTI or Brent quote.

Go eat some rabbit food, ruminate for awhile and then get back to us with some of that trader info...😂

4 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Go eat some rabbit food, ruminate for awhile and then get back to us with some of that trader info...😂

< bracing for vegan vs carnivore food fight >

• Haha 2

(edited)

13 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

bracing for vegan vs carnivore food fight

LOL well I'll go for the hip before he goes for his 27 guns. 

Haha, yes that's what I mean. It's been a long day. 

19 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

what costs are included in the WTI or Brent quote.

3 hours ago, DayTrader said:

what % of the 55-60 are these costs?

Edited by Guest

I’m fairly sure my hip can withstand a barrage of carrots and celery!!!

Yeah but when I get the hummous out you're f**k*d

LOL this guy is waiting for a reply about oil cost and is gonna think WTF is all this??

55 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

LOL this guy is waiting for a reply about oil cost and is gonna think WTF is all this??

I've been saving this joke for like 2 years, and I finally get to use it in context...

3ag0jq.jpg.242de8e0f8814e9eb68afe30ee52060f.jpg

• Haha 2

I'm not vegan hahahah. But you're right about them.

How do you know someone's vegan?

Don't worry, they'll tell you within 10 minutes.

Hahah only mentioned as we talked about cannabalism and CJD.

Anyway, enjoy. 

#chickpeas

We interrupt this program to bring you an important message from our sponsor. 

Does anyone care to answer the hapless newcomer's question in the original post?  Pretty sure we scared him off with bad jokes and food banter ...

5 hours ago, Trying Indian said:

Current oil price is $55 - $60 at current level ? Does this cost include cost of transportation OR does it represent cost of production only ? 

Whats the average cost of transporting oil from Middle East to China, India and USA ?. Whats the cost of refining ? 

Thanks

(edited)

As we all know the POO has nothing at all to do with what it costs to get it out of the ground and into your car eventually.

Edited by wrs

Roughly $60 a barrel cost or so says…

In late August 2019, Jason Burack of “Wall St for Main St” interviews Art Berman, a geological consultant with thirty-seven years of experience in petroleum exploration and production.   For me, Art Berman’s info seems like it is in the cost neighborhood, especially when one looks at how many U.S. fracking companies have gone bust or are in a sweat.  Of course, the corporate fracking industry debt load has been tremendous…there are a lot of angry investors.  Awhile back, Bethany McLean and others blew the lid about the oil industry and debt.  Personally, I don’t care for Art Berman’s personality.  He has a “make wrong” innuendo with many of his comments.

Here is the 77 minute interview with Art Berman:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwUnD3TM3Ro

CORPORATE DEBT - I should mention that across the boards, many, many different Wall Street corporations currently have a staggering amount of debt.  It reminds me of 2007/2008 and the housing bubble.  It has gone insane this past year. QUOTING CNBC article “…Negative-yielding corporate debt, though, is a relatively new thing, rising from just $20 billion in January 2019 to pass the $1 trillion mark recently (August 2019), according to Jim Bianco, founder of Bianco Research….”   GRAPH Image  https://fm-static.cnbc.com/awsmedia/chart/2019/8/20/neg%20yields.1566321963703.png

GOLD MINERS – Low oil prices are good for miners, because energy costs play a big role in their operating costs.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 2:12 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

< bracing for vegan vs carnivore food fight >

Have you, perchance, seen "Rick and Morty"? 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BenFranklin'sSpectacles said:

Have you, perchance, seen "Rick and Morty"? 

Nope, I don't really watch TV.  But I have heard the cartoon is exceptionally witty and intelligent, scathingly undermining conventional pablum.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:30 PM, DayTrader said:

Yeah but when I get the hummous out you're f**k*d

NOT THE HUMMOUS CANNON! Anything but that!

The guy’s gonna think we’re two high school kids in some mother’s basement!😂

Is anyone going to answer the poor guys original question?

I do not have an answer...

• Like 1

I believe it's the price at the wellhead. According to EIA 

• Like 1

(edited)

I love that it turns into a food argument and no one actually knows the answer

''OilPrice.com ''

''How's the price of oil worked out?''

''Ummm...''

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, DayTrader said:

I love that it turns into a food argument and no one actually knows the answer

From another forum on Vegans - How do Vegans feel about Petroleum affecting their Diet and the use of Petroleum Jelly

Looking at the language some of these Vegans think people were around at the same time, Im going Vegan as I will live for 65 million Years apparently..

Most "fossil fuels" are the "carcasses" of prehistoric microscopic marine phytoplankton. In other words, PLANTS.
Oil coming from dinosaurs is a gigantic myth.
1 point· 4 years ago
Most of it came from plants, but some certainly came from animals
1 point· 4 years ago
We didn't kill them for the purposes of making petroleum, and most of them we didn't kill at all. Most of them died by natural causes or were killed by other animals
2 points· 4 years ago
vegans are scavengers
IMetros

2 points· 4 years ago
So Vegans are ok with eating Animals that died naturally???

(edited)

23 minutes ago, James Regan said:

We didn't kill them for the purposes of making petroleum, and most of them we didn't kill at all.

This is about dinosaurs?   HAHAHA

I'm not vegan. But I would rather we didn't use a huge percent of the land on the planet for animals to eat, (and the ridiculous amount of water this involves), and then we kill them. This land could be used to grow crops and actually feed the whole world. That's 1 reason out of like 100. 

Not getting into this mate. No offence. Argued 20 years about this shit. 

:) 

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

This is about dinosaurs?   HAHAHA

I'm not vegan. But I would rather we didn't use a huge percent of the land on the planet for animals to eat, and then we kill them. This land could be used to grow crops and actually feed the whole world. That's 1 reason out of like 100. 

Not getting into this mate. No offence. Argued 20 years about this shit. 

Dont want a debate on Veganism and didn't post to have a dig, I just found exactly what you quoted as funny, 

"We didn't kill them for the purposes of making petroleum, and most of them we didn't kill at all." - How many cavemen if they were around would take on a T-Rex? 

Two cave men behind a rock planning to kill a T-Rex- Bugger that Im off to find some evergreen conifers, pine trees, redwoods, ferns, mosses, horsetail rushes, cycads, ginkos..... 😂

(edited)

Hahah so that was vegans discussing man being around when dinosaurs were around?? Honestly I don't know how some people get through life with these opinions. And Darwin is a bit of a hero of mine...

Nah all good man, I know you didn't, I don't mean you, just warning others not to bother I guess haha. Don't mind odd dig or meme but I know enough to know where it leads.

Some things just pointless.

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Two cave men behind a rock planning to kill a T-Rex- Bugger that

Haha yep, looking down at their spears like ''we're gonna need a bigger boat'' kinda thing...

Back to the berries...

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

Haha yep, looking down at their spears like ''we're gonna need a bigger boat'' kinda thing...

Back to the berries...

“Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies.....