Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Democrats and Gun Views

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

At least cars do something useful besides kill things and go boom for excitement.  Oh I guess they also give some people a temporary set of balls* they lack when not carrying.

Folks, that comment comes from a Western Canadian, who has not considered the problem of the imported Eurasian feral hog, which some morons imported in the 1980's with the bright (Canadian) idea that it would improve biological diversity.  Well, now the feral hogs number in the millions, having exploded to rut up some 877,000 hectares  (a hectare is about 2 acres, or figure 100,000 square feet), and expanding by at least 10% per year.  They have no natural predators.  Either you hunt them down and shoot and kill them all, or you have catastrophe. 

These hogs are big swine, they do three litters of six piglets a year, and reach sexual maturity in about four months or so.  Do the math and be astounded by the numbers. 

You want big balls, I invite Mr. Alberta to get off his high horse about guns and go out there and face off against the feral hog,keeping in mind that in Germany at least two US soldiers are killed each year by hogs, when the troops are out in the field on maneuvers.  A charging feral hog is well over 300 pounds and will give you no quarter: either you kill it, or it will kill you.  I invite you to ponder that thought.  

Then go get your elephant gun. 

Edited by Jan van Eck

(edited)

23 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Folks, that comment comes from a Western Canadian, who has not considered the problem of the imported Eurasian feral hog, which some morons imported in the 1980's with the bright (Canadian) idea that it would improve biological diversity.  Well, now the feral hogs number in the millions, having exploded to rut up some 877,000 hectares  (a hectare is about 2 acres, or figure 100,000 square feet), and expanding by at least 10% per year.  They have no natural predators.  Either you hunt them down and shoot and kill them all, or you have catastrophe. 

These hogs are big swine, they do three litters of six piglets a year, and reach sexual maturity in about four months or so.  Do the math and be astounded by the numbers. 

You want big balls, I invite Mr. Alberta to get off his high horse about guns and go out there and face off against the feral hog,keeping in mind that in Germany at least two US soldiers are killed each year by hogs, when the troops are out in the field on maneuvers.  A charging feral hog is well over 300 pounds and will give you no quarter: either you kill it, or it will kill you.  I invite you to ponder that thought.  

Then go get your elephant gun. 

I wrote "do something useful besides kill things."  I have no problem with bolt action long guns.  I own a high powered air rifle that will easily kill small vermin.  I do a lot of backpacking in bear country and feel safe with my spray.

Wild boar are in Alberta now too - and according to wildlife officials hunting surprising doesn't help.  Most areas dropped the $50 bounty.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/hoping-to-control-albertas-wild-boars-officials-turn-to-drones-remote-cameras

“Hunting usually involves just removing one at a time, but they’re so intelligent they become wary and they’ll disperse and spread,” said Abramenko.

“Hunters are not helping us with eradication. They’re actually making the problem worse.”

The Alberta government is using drones and remote cameras to track wild boars.

The province tried to counter that in 2017 by ending a $50-a-head bounty program in the two most active counties, though it remains in effect in other parts of Alberta. The nine-year bounty resulted in a cull of 1,135 wild boars."

Edited by Enthalpic

17 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

So their guns don't help? :)

We also have loads of moose that charge and kill plenty.

39 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

So their guns don't help? :)

Come on!  Those are maneuvers, they don't carry live rounds.  Get with the program!

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

“Hunting usually involves just removing one at a time, but they’re so intelligent they become wary and they’ll disperse and spread,” said Abramenko.

And now you know why civilians need machine guns.......

• Haha 1

(edited)

10 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

And now you know why civilians need machine guns.......

My brother worked for Alberta fish and wildlife for a while.  One project was to collect the heads from 1% of the whitetail deer population to test for chronic wasting disease (like mad cow).

My brother hunts so he thought it would be kind of fun work, until the massacre and decapitation started... turns out 1% of the population is a crap load of deer!

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

There are other good groups though.Many are state and local. Guns Save Life is another one we belong to. 

Americans greatly value our Second Amendment RIghts. I am sure many Canadians would prefer to have our rights. Canada is more like Europe IMHO. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lNfCpesT-BhEhMiL5kY2O0VvJtnoAIZiYvvTb0_6eh0/edit

kIGb7ju2CUfm9fr09-strGt-IgehMpCIMAwYrlUiadPGYR1S1cd6Mfge6hs93H_JS4WeHjVxis9hCjAFbxyl8860zjTQkJbS7QX2ADZU8_vNxvRAuppOvDcxKzno2SjtT_vx3hgM

3UXUsIOKGGbPHgxijTtmj_Jgv0cWzZmaCeK2yNyD3WYhCC4M39JT6A8Yq_uFV37Rg9get9F-hUCHCCppdOesK10D8OV5oZ-hKAbIjc-F4FJs3aOqo1EjJpET5m9gnGBsZJqXIWS6

qwyB78Q2500E_DnLGpx_xQKbiOpY-Oi5ajiU5oS4zwBFc3BQvthHGrNOrWhnCH3_gyCRHoFi8TsHzcKHpars503-ehbTLnJ39_trBMJ5XkbQxCsbLBevGjtkAbxaN4xef2_3xBhs

Ron I applaud your wish for good governance but I think needing to own assault rifles thinking you may need to take over a government is radically extreme and cause for concern. I support your right to own a muzzleloader firearm as our founders had. I fear you cannot be trusted with anything more lethal. Lol

That chart on deaths supports our need to cut FF use as much as possible as there is a direct link to pollution/death and many other costs you refuse to calculate.

I grew up hunting with rifles and shotguns and target shot pistols for fun. These have nothing to do with assault weapons in case of government intervention. Lol Your in a bubble with loons. Get out before you get shot by the Feds.

2 minutes ago, Boat said:

Ron I applaud your wish for good governance but I think needing to own assault rifles thinking you may need to take over a government is radically extreme and cause for concern. I support your right to own a muzzleloader firearm as our founders had. I fear you cannot be trusted with anything more lethal. Lol

That chart on deaths supports our need to cut FF use as much as possible as there is a direct link to pollution/death and many other costs you refuse to calculate.

I grew up hunting with rifles and shotguns and target shot pistols for fun. These have nothing to do with assault weapons in case of government intervention. Lol Your in a bubble with loons. Get out before you get shot by the Feds.

You prove my point, just as the Demoncrat presidential candidates do also. You are all willing to ignore our Constitution and Bill of Rights which are the bedrock of our nation. 

Let’s talk extremism like the Republicans are fond of. If the bedrock constitution allows 250 thousand fans at a NASCAR race to carry and conceal assault rifles in case the government attacks I would say the constitution needs to be amended. 

We won our Independence from the British yet within a few years George Washington himself led a militia to round up whisky producers that wouldn’t pay a new tax for money owed to the French and Spanish. Would you have killed George? Google Whisky Rebellion. 

10 hours ago, Boat said:

Typical Republicans twisting gun enthusiasts right to own guns for hunting and protection who want assault, automatic weapons and clips that hold more than three bullets banned. 

Like pollution there seems to be a mental block for the death, pain and suffering many innocent citizens suffer. There are no perfect answers for these issues but there are many steps that could be accomplished to midigate the worst of these tragic events. 

These same Republicans support Canadian oil that is not needed for US consumption, Saudi and Venezuelan refineries churning out pollution along the gulf that is also not needed for US consumption. They complain about trade imbalances with the US and rightly so IMHO but want yet another pipeline from Canada that would exacerbate pollution and the risks of transportation. 

I personaly appreciate the role FF and guns has played in the rise of the US. But common sense cannot be abandoned. Fueling the world through the gulf for a buck is quite different than fueling our country to keep mobility. Hunting and sport is quite different than assault rifles. Keep the conversation real instead typical Republican talking points.

Your first paragraph says it all. You do not seem to realize, or want to accept the fact, that it has ALWAYS been illegal for American citizens to own assault rifles or any other automatic or selective fire firearm!

1 hour ago, Boat said:

I’ll say it again! Since roughly 1930 it has never been legal for an American citizen to own a fully automatic weapon or an assault rifle!!!

So Doug, can you legally own an assault rifle?

4 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Tom, where did you lift this picture from, LIberia?  

She looks like she has the emotional stability of a trapped  rat. 

She's apparently ex-military (note the proper trigger finger hold).  Sticking out her tongue is what makes this picture so funny.  That taunt tho...

https://np.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/

1ltgf5duygm31.thumb.png.aa57e34b3240791732d9fb9b1b6fa64b.png

Doug plays the Republican game of hiding Captain Obvious type points in talking point illusive rhetoric. 

• Great Response! 1

8 minutes ago, Boat said:

Doug plays the Republican game of hiding Captain Obvious type points in talking point illusive rhetoric. 

And Democrats seem to play the game of "hide the rights of the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Preview of coming attractions, for those too damn stubborn to see exactly where this U.S. Democrat "gun grab" + "free shit from government" is headed:

image_56baa710-c6dd-43d4-aaeb-f525d52f5a0420190914_192133.thumb.jpg.f4cbc616964730b0867dbb9e8a5a57a1.jpg

6 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

image_56baa710-c6dd-43d4-aaeb-f525d52f5a0420190914_192133.thumb.jpg.f4cbc616964730b0867dbb9e8a5a57a1.jpg

That has far more to do with them becoming dependent on a single revenue stream (oil) than political leanings.

Note in 2007-8 when school become free oil was above $100.

2016 when those food shortages started oil was as low as $36

https://www.macrotrends.net/1369/crude-oil-price-history-chart

Hooray for oil price dependency!

12 hours ago, Boat said:

Typical Republicans twisting gun enthusiasts right to own guns for hunting and protection who want assault, automatic weapons and clips that hold more than three bullets banned. 

Like pollution there seems to be a mental block for the death, pain and suffering many innocent citizens suffer. There are no perfect answers for these issues but there are many steps that could be accomplished to midigate the worst of these tragic events. 

These same Republicans support Canadian oil that is not needed for US consumption, Saudi and Venezuelan refineries churning out pollution along the gulf that is also not needed for US consumption. They complain about trade imbalances with the US and rightly so IMHO but want yet another pipeline from Canada that would exacerbate pollution and the risks of transportation. 

I personaly appreciate the role FF and guns has played in the rise of the US. But common sense cannot be abandoned. Fueling the world through the gulf for a buck is quite different than fueling our country to keep mobility. Hunting and sport is quite different than assault rifles. Keep the conversation real instead typical Republican talking points.

In arguments against the likes of you, I've gotten plenty of Europeans to admit that their local drug dealers have illegal firearms despite the laws in the area. The "typical Republican talking point" about criminals obtaining guns when they want them actually holds true. 

Yep. I've heard of that amendment.

Some historical perspective

NhWmKPe.thumb.jpg.50affdd11dee9528051bf254fabb6416.jpg

(edited)

6 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

"In 2017, there were 36.82 million hunting licenses, tags, permits and stamps in the U.S."

Tags permits, stamps, are not people.  One hunter will probably have several of each (license, whitetail (x3), mule, moose, elk, bear, turkey, duck, etc.)

I don't own a firearm and yet have a WIN card, hunting permit (no tags this year), and a fishing license.

Edited by Enthalpic

11 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

"In 2017, there were 36.82 million hunting licenses, tags, permits and stamps in the U.S."

4 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Tags permits, stamps, are not people.  One hunter will probably have several of each (license, whitetail (x3), mule, moose, elk, bear, turkey, duck, etc.)

I don't own a firearm and yet have a WIN card, hunting permit (no tags this year), and a fishing license.

How Many Guns Are There In The United States Today? 400 Million Or So

How many guns are there in the United States today? No one really knows, but research conducted by the Geneva, Switzerland based Small Arms Survey provides the best guesstimate for 2017:

Civilian-held Firearms: 393,347,000

Military-owned Firearms: 4,535,380

Law Enforcement Firearms: 1,016,000

TOTAL FIREARMS ESTIMATE (2017): 398,898,380

For amusement.  An army vet with a suppressed 50 caliber.

qvod856ucum31.thumb.jpg.e6ed23b6e388fa6a4e5f21174b40b2c3.jpg

Top comment:

Suppressing a 50 cal is like tinting the windows on a lighthouse.

On 9/15/2019 at 7:18 AM, DayTrader said:

So Doug, can you legally own an assault rifle?

Traders.....(picture a head slap here)!

• Haha 1

If a person passes the required background paperwork for Class 3 Firearms license required by ATF and submits fingerprints, as well as pay a $200 transfer tax, he can buy a machine gun in the USA. It will be made prior to May 18, 1986 most likely. It may not be legal in his state of residence to possess it. A person can also have a "gun trust" which will own them.

You can also get an ATF license to manufacture auto weapons for sale to law enforcement and military.

Now...laws change quietly and frequently.. without public awareness, but as of yesterday, this law still enabled a properly licensed party to buy a machine gun, and yes in the USA, you can buy from a broker on line and follow through with proper ATF registration.

This method is not CHEAP, and as of today, a properly licensed person still has that option.

https://rocketffl.com/who-can-own-a-full-auto-machine-gun/

• Like 1