Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Democrats and Gun Views

MSNBC, a bastion of the hard left and a screeching advocate of gun control, got a rude awakening yesterday when they created a poll.

lx1rt4pgb8n31.thumb.jpg.c9c5a9c1a2080a9948288fc870e03e46.jpg

On 9/16/2019 at 5:54 PM, CL Trader said:

If a person passes the required background paperwork for Class 3 Firearms license required by ATF and submits fingerprints, as well as pay a $200 transfer tax, he can buy a machine gun in the USA. It will be made prior to May 18, 1986 most likely. It may not be legal in his state of residence to possess it. A person can also have a "gun trust" which will own them.

You can also get an ATF license to manufacture auto weapons for sale to law enforcement and military.

Now...laws change quietly and frequently.. without public awareness, but as of yesterday, this law still enabled a properly licensed party to buy a machine gun, and yes in the USA, you can buy from a broker on line and follow through with proper ATF registration.

This method is not CHEAP, and as of today, a properly licensed person still has that option.

https://rocketffl.com/who-can-own-a-full-auto-machine-gun/

If only the weapon sear were as cheap as the tax stamp......  that, as well as supply and demand, limit most folks ability to own weapons with a full auto fire selection.

TXPower

Boston: 72 killed, 200 injured in raids to confiscate Banned Assault Rifle Ammunition

Boston - State Police seeking to confiscate a stockpile of recently banned assault weapons ammunition were ambushed by members of a right wing extremist group. Local law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before officers were forced to withdraw.

Earlier in the week, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons ammunition. This decision followed a meeting between government leaders at which time Governor Gage authorized a mandatory confiscation of all illegal ammunition.

State Police were initially successful in confiscations. However, when attempting to seize ammunition in Lexington, they were met with resistance from a large group of heavily-armed extremists.

During a tense standoff in the Lexington Town Park, Col. Francis Smith, commander of the operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists. Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Surprisingly, local citizens blamed State Police rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, more armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the state forces. Colonel Smith, finding his agents over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

And this fellow citizens, is how the American Revolutionary War began on April 20, 1775.

^ not my words.  Old text from a couple years ago.  How many times do we need this lesson?

On 9/19/2019 at 12:04 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

yesterday when they created a poll.

Just noticed 2 things.

1. How would you know you'll need a gun for self defence? 

2. I trust no poll that adds up to 101% lol and by definition makes no sense. 

12 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Boston: 72 killed, 200 injured in raids to confiscate Banned Assault Rifle Ammunition

For those of you not familiar with the origin of this "story."  It is supposed to be "satirical" (modern) rendition of the American Revolution.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/gun-confiscation-in-boston/

From the Snopes article (a site dedicated to debunking urban legends):

At the time it was published, Hanson’s piece was often mistaken for a reproduction of a genuine 1941 news report by readers who didn’t recognize it as a modern commentary on a current event. This technique often falls flat when the audience doesn’t recognize the historical event being referenced, which has led many readers to inquire of us about the veracity of an article reproduced on multiple websites under headlines such as “Seventy-two killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston!” and “BOSTON — NATIONAL GUARD SHOOTOUT, 72 KILLED,” reporting that 72 National Guard troops were killed in an ambush while attempting to “confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons”:

National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a paramilitary extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement. Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices.

In fact, as Thomas R. Eddlem told us, this piece originated as an article he collaborated which was first published in the 6 February 1995 edition of The New American magazine under the title “Scores Killed, Hundreds Injured As Para-Military Extremists Riot”:

For those of you that don't know, The New American is the official publication of the John Birch Society, a right-wing conspiracy theory political organization here in the United States.

Point being that this should have been clearly identified as a fake story.  Tom Kirkman changed "National Guard" into "State Police," but neither of these are true stories.

The incident referenced in this article is of course not something that recently took place in the Boston area, but rather a recasting of a centuries-old event that is widely regarded as marking the beginning of the American Revolutionary War: the military clashes at Lexington and Concord which took place between British troops (commonly known as “redcoats” or “regulars”) and Massachusetts militia (commonly known as “Minutemen”) on April 18-19 in 1775.

The “National Guard” troops in this encounter were British soldiers, the “paramilitary extremist faction” was rebellious colonials, Thomas Gage was the military governor of Massachusetts and the commander-in-chief of British forces who had been sent to occupy Boston in response to the Boston Tea Party and other colonial acts of protest, and the “law enforcement” group was British troops dispatched to Concord (about 26 miles northwest of Boston) on the night of April 18 in order to destroy military supplies that were reportedly being stored there by colonial rebels.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Okie said:

From the Snopes article (a site dedicated to debunking urban legends):

I pay attention to Snopes about as much as I pay attention to CNN.

Because I consider both CNN and Snopes as deliberate disinformation sites with an agenda against conservative views.

A ‘Fact Checker’ Declares War On Satire

On 9/13/2019 at 10:37 PM, DayTrader said:

Let's chat guns... hey, it's been a while   :)    Saw this article that may interest some regarding NRA and election time, as I imagine the candidate who said he'd take away guns got quite a reaction there. Next year will be interesting....  #MAGA

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/third-democrats-favor-declaring-nra-terrorist-orgnization-28-say-it-should-be-illegal  - FULL ARTICLE. 

A Third Of Democrats Favor Declaring NRA as a 'Terrorist Organization'.      

28% Say It Should Be Illegal To Join.

Meanwhile, 28% of Democrats say Americans should be banned from joining pro-gun rights organizations like the NRA - a view surprisingly shared by 15% of Republicans and 10% of unaffiliated voters. 

- Just 13% of likely voters believe NRA members are more likely to commit a crime with a gun - and in fact 47% believe that members are less likely to commit such a crime.

- 28% think NRA membership makes no difference vs. the general population.  The poll also revealed that 50% of voters have a favorable impression of the NRA, while 44% do not. Of that, 30% have a Very Favorable view of the group, while 33% have a Very Unfavorable one - virtually the same opinion as those polled held in March of last year. 

Republicans (78%) are far more likely to have a favorable opinion of the NRA than Democrats (32%) and unaffiliated voters (42%). But even among Democrats, only 17% think NRA members are more likely to commit a crime with a gun. 

- Voters under 40 are far more supportive than their elders of making it illegal to belong to gun rights groups like the NRA.

- While Americans argue over the availability of guns, most of those with a gun in their house continue to say it makes them feel safer.

- Attorney General William Barr hopes to make it easier and quicker to sentence mass shooters to death, and most Americans think that’s a good idea. Interestingly, however, these findings come at a time when support for the death penalty in general has fallen to a new low.

- 70% agree with President Trump when he said, “It’s not the gun that pulls the trigger; it’s the person that pulls the trigger.”    AUTHOR NOTE - how this is only 70% is rather baffling to me. 

100% of me thinks that Democrats should never be allowed to speak unless spoken to, their opinions are just turds blowing in the wind...

100% of me thinks that Democrats should not be allowed to own guns either, they would just end up being in the way inside the crying closets, and they would probably harm their comfort animals.... I do not condone animal cruelty.

100% of me thinks that Democrats should not be allowed to protest at rallies or other functions, they seem to come dressed as vaginas for some strange reason....

100% of me thinks that Democrats should not be allowed to be in government at all. They have a horrible track record for decades now. Jim Crow Laws, KKK members in Congress, Antifa, BLM, etc.....

100% of me thinks that Democrats should not be allowed to go to college at all, they will rack up mountains of debt, get a degree in dance or something equally useless, and then after they get out all we'll hear about is that mountain of debt. Can someone get this loan off my back? I don't like it now that the college party is over. I say put them in skilled trades and teach them to use their hands, not their mouths....

100% of me thinks that Democrats should not be allowed to try to tell us what to do, they are dumb as rocks, so the waste of oxygen is just harmful to our atmosphere, big part of climate change.....

100% of me thinks that Democrats should not be allowed to make promises we all know they can't keep. Socialized medicine, free college for all, reparations for slave descendants, free, free, free,  "hell yes I'm gonna take your guns!", etc