Tom Kirkman

Drone attacks cause fire at two Saudi Aramco facilities, blaze now under control

4 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

I don't believe a word they say. I believe photos. 

You should see what my wife does with Photoshop... :) 

• Haha 1

LOL ok I need to rephrase that.

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

If those are rocket impact points, this was some fairly high tech gear used, each impact zone is almost  identical. Could the Houthis really carry out this kind of precision without help. JB gets fired and this happens shortly after, MP better get his big boy pants on. If nothing is done by POTUS against Iran then the writing is on the wall for MBS and Co.

The fact that MBS discovered that US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had almost certainly met in Baghdad with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif at the end of the first week of May 2019 seemed to be the final straw. MBS believed that the Trump Administration was negotiating to strike a deal with Iran which would leave Saudi Arabia out in the cold. He immediately began working with the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, his close friend, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (aka MBZ), to find another ally which could protect them against Iran. They chose the PRC and Russia, as Yossef Bodansky outlined in his August 12, 2019, report, “The Dawn of the Chinese Gulf”.

A week or so ago:

https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Middle-East/Is-The-Hottest-Conflict-In-The-Middle-East-Coming-To-An-End.htmlScreen Shot 2019-09-15 at 18.43.09.png

This had to come from Iran, it’s to precise an attack, if the Iranian backed militias have these kind of weapons what does Iran have?

Once KSA do blame Iran this will get out of hand. Israel backing KSA and the US involved this is going to be the biggest encompassing war we have seen to date.

Too many players involved in this game of poker.

Scary indeed.

3E602502-E112-498F-8C3B-2C79B25A899D.jpeg

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

What's to stop them from doing a second attack? 

Short answer: a wall. 

Think about it.  Those drones are flying level and below the radar, presumably.  They have to be big enough to carry fuel to target, have a large enough engine and wingspan to lift the payload and the fuel, and so these are decent-sized drones.  How are they guided?  GPS?  If so, then the construction of a Wall between the oil plant and the Yemeni border, say 1,000 feet off the plant, and the drone rams into the wall instead of the target. 

What do you build that wall out of?  I would suggest 9/16" steel plate.  You can get all you want from the ship scrappers at Alang, India.  Cheap enough, readily available, weld it to some uprights and you have a nice Wall.  Donald would be proud. 

• Haha 5
  • Rolling Eye 2

1 minute ago, Jan van Eck said:

Short answer: a wall. 

Think about it.  Those drones are flying level and below the radar, presumably.  They have to be big enough to carry fuel to target, have a large enough engine and wingspan to lift the payload and the fuel, and so these are decent-sized drones.  How are they guided?  GPS?  If so, then the construction of a Wall between the oil plant and the Yemeni border, say 1,000 feet off the plant, and the drone rams into the wall instead of the target. 

What do you build that wall out of?  I would suggest 9/16" steel plate.  You can get all you want from the ship scrappers at Alang, India.  Cheap enough, readily available, weld it to some uprights and you have a nice Wall.  Donald would be proud. 

Jan they haven’t confirmed drones, there is talk of cruise missiles etc. ??

1 minute ago, James Regan said:

Jan they haven’t confirmed drones, there is talk of cruise missiles etc. ??

OK, so a cruise missile plows into a 9/16" steel plate, that should detonate it.  Are those not contact warheads?  If so, it blows a nice hole in the plate, but the facility has not a scratch.  You may need to keep a supply of spare plates around, though.  Irony:   the steel plate is sourced from scrapped oil tankers!

2 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

OK, so a cruise missile plows into a 9/16" steel plate, that should detonate it.  Are those not contact warheads?  If so, it blows a nice hole in the plate, but the facility has not a scratch.  You may need to keep a supply of spare plates around, though.  Irony:   the steel plate is sourced from scrapped oil tankers!

Fair point, I’ll just STFU for now 😂😂

Just now, James Regan said:

Fair point, I’ll just STFU for now

No don't. You sure not drones?

Market has certainly reacted , how far will this go?

BCA98E0E-327F-4B54-B521-F57F63B0D7D9.jpeg

3 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Limpit mines who knows it’s very precise almost too perfect. What does Iran have that could do this?

• Like 1

(edited)

11 hours ago, James Regan said:

Fair point, I’ll just STFU for now 😂😂

11 hours ago, DayTrader said:

If I were a betting man, I would bet on a reasonably large drone.  Think of it as a mini-cruise. And the reason is that a full size cruise missile is going to leave tell-tale pieces out there, and then the finger-pointing and retaliatory strikes begin.  Hard to argue with a straight face that some Yemeni rebels have their hands on a full-size cruise missile, and the capability to program it, now isn't it? 

Edited by Jan van Eck
typing error
  • Like 1

(edited)

7 minutes ago, James Regan said:

how far will this go

Look at my recent post. Talk of $100 but I can't see it. Lot of news still to come though. 

50% production affected. This is nuts.

#ridethewavebaby

Edited by Guest

44 minutes ago, DanilKa said:

You should see what my wife does with Photoshop... :) 

Let me guess:  -- those sixteen inchers!:D:D:D

• Haha 1

Could be kamikaze drones. Destroys the evidence.

5 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

If I were a betting man, I would bet on a reasonably large drone.  Think of it as a mini-cruise. And the reason is that a full size cruise missile is oging to leave tell-tale pieces out there, and then the finger-pointing and retaliatory strikes begin.  Hard to argue with a straight face that some Yemeni rebels have their hands on a full-size cruise missile, and the capability to program it, now isn't it? 

9 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

So far, no one has been able to definitively prove if it was drones or cruise missiles.  Media (and White House) says drones as if it were factual.

• Like 2

(edited)

We need a title change then Tom   :) 

image.png.3e6bd8ab1d3c88e257e9f379be6e7ad6.png

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Look at my recent post. Talk of $100 but I can't see it. Lot of news still to come though. 

50% production affected. This is nuts.

Imagine how far it will go if there is retaliation $80/Bbl or higher?

32 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

What do you build that wall out of?  I would suggest 9/16" steel plate

Yes. But first a debate over who has the best steel?

2 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

316 Stainless Steel very shiny in the sunshine 

Just now, DayTrader said:

I know you meant that as a little humor, but in all seriousness I would suggest using steel plate from the ship scrapyards in India nd Pakistan.  Close enough, can be barged in, and installed rapidly.   Another approach is the hanging of steel netting from posts, think in terms of the cargo nets of 1940.  You do have to get them up high enough to snag the wings of the drones.  I like steel plate as it forces the detonation, and you don't end up with a big explosion blasting all the netting down, to allow other drones to flow through unhindered.  With steel plate, hey it is going to be there.  Like trying to knock out a heavy tank. 

• Haha 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, James Regan said:

if there is retaliation $80/Bbl or higher?

Depends on the timing of any retaliation and news or updates in the meantime that lower the price back down first. Every update I'm seeing looks worse and worse, without even reading tweets. I'm looking at a kinda eventual $72 area for WTI. 

Edited by Guest

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

You do have to get them up high enough to snag the wings of the drones.  I like steel plate as it forces the detonation

One day Jan. One day there will be a topic you know f**k all about

Edited by Guest

If POTUS does release the strategic reserves at what price is it sold? The idea is to flood the market to bring the price down, while making a killing at the same time, is there a protocol for this situation?

(edited)

3 minutes ago, James Regan said:

is there a protocol for this situation?

Jan... you're up

Edited by Guest

(edited)

7 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Jan... you're up

Quality High end trolling, love it 😍 

More chumming required “ gotta get a Bigga boat”

Edited by James Regan
  • Upvote 1