Tom Kirkman

Drone attacks cause fire at two Saudi Aramco facilities, blaze now under control

1 hour ago, ceo_energemsier said:

I made a comment to that effect asking if Oil Price will step up and do something.

The Managing Directors of Oilprice have appointed me to the position of Moderator so if you have problems and nobody else is responding, please message me.  I will delete any posting that is offensive, which neither I nor any other Moderator shall tolerate. 

Addressing directly the unpleasant situation in Iran,  I will say that I personally have had pleasant interactions with Iranians while in Europe and in Canada, have had some as staff members in my enterprises, and my extreme unhappiness lies directly with that small group that has seized control over the lives of the country and is fomenting so much fanatical strife. I wish peace and prosperity to the people of Iran.  Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

The Managing Directors of Oilprice have appointed me to the position of Moderator so if you have problems and nobody else is responding, please message me.  I will delete any posting that is offensive, which neither I nor any other Moderator shall tolerate. 

Addressing directly the unpleasant situation in Iran,  I will say that I personally have had pleasant interactions with Iranians while in Europe and in Canada, have had some as staff members in my enterprises, and my extreme unhappiness lies directly with that small group that has seized control over the lives of the country and is fomenting so much fanatical strife. I wish peace and prosperity to the people of Iran.  Cheers.

Congrats (I think) on the moderator role Jan.  I too have had Iranian employees, all PhD's and all quite brilliant. I feel for their nation and wonder what's up with their leaders. It's too bad their dissenters were ignored, rebuffed by the Obama administration. If he wasn't so busy "earning" that Nobel Prize by doing "something" things might be altogether different there. But he wanted an agreement in the worst way, and got the worst agreement. 

My take on Iran is a bit different since I had a nephew in the Rangers who had to deal with the sophisticated IED's Iran was cooking. Took out a lot of people in Iraq and beyond. I don't see their moves bringing back the glory of the Persian Empire anytime soon, if ever. 

No worries, this was already quietly resolved an hour ago.

1 hour ago, ceo_energemsier said:

As an individual who has spent a significant part of his life in the region on the ground and or direct or indirect engagement with the people, businesses, gov and officials, I am very receptive to the different opinions and ideas , as well as I do not easily say words that are derogatory to any group of people from any region. Just the other day I saw a post I I felt was offensive by someone under a topic related to the same region. My interaction in the region dates back to the 40s and 50s and much more direct later and at different levels of participation.

I made a comment to that effect asking if Oil Price will step up and do something.

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Moderators generally don't read every comment on every thread.  My time zone is GMT +8 so I tend to miss most of the comments from North America and South America until the following morning.

Please feel free to message me or another moderator if you feel action needs to be taken on a specific comment.  Please provide a link to the comment in question.

/ edit, situation resolved, quietly.  Offending slur in member comment deleted by moderator, and member gently warned.

16 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

• Upvote 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

The Managing Directors of Oilprice have appointed me to the position of Moderator

Woohoo. This means  @Jan van Eck  HAS to look at memes by definition.

Hahahahaha. 

@Tom Kirkman

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, DayTrader said:

Woohoo. This means  @Jan van Eck  HAS to look at memes by definition.

Hahahahaha. 

@Tom Kirkman

Memes are like apples.  If you are agile and smooth, you can comment around them while ignoring them.

He won't ignore mine. Look at Trump / wall post

2 hours ago, DayTrader said:

He won't ignore mine. Look at Trump / wall post

As Teddy Roosevelt succinctly said:  "Speak softly and carry a big stick."