BK

USA Wants Iran War -- Shooty Shooty More

(edited)

You sometimes see someone say some want war with Iran, or that the USA does. I can see why trump would. Gets to play bigshot bigtime.  Why do others want it? What's the benefit? And do you think it will happen?

I remember in one of the recent wars or maybe it was a pseuo-war, oil did not rise (and stay) as much as I thought it would. I wonder what would happen this time if there is war.

Edited by BillKidd
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Hahaha you don't mess around Bill with your titles. 

Maybe WAR in capitals for the full whammy?  :) 

Edited by Guest

Well, I was tempted to use, "USA Wants War -- Shooty Shooty More."

(edited)

HAHAHAH do it !!  

Edited by Guest

(edited)

20 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

HAHAHAH do it !!  

OK, I did, lol. Props to Zhong Lu, the gent's name who said it first.

Edited by BillKidd
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BillKidd said:

OK, I did, lol. Props to Zhong Lu, the gent's name who said it first.

Yep, tip of the hat to @Zhong Lu for coming up with this.

https://community.oilprice.com/topic/7643-drone-attacks-cause-fire-at-two-saudi-aramco-facilities-blaze-now-under-control/?page=7#comment-66989

"@John No, no, shooty shooty more.  Oil prices go kaboom.  Oil longs make money."

• Haha 1

When I see those damage photos I think of the original Star Wars movie.  These shots were way to accurate to be the sand people, this was made to look like it was the sand people. Heck, with that kind of accuracy they deliberately didn't demolish the facility.

And you want get MBS to start acting like a proper puppet. Scare him to the darkest part of his being and let him know you protect him from the boogyman. 

I refuse to believe Trump and the US government is of that ilk. But this would work. 

• Upvote 1

Drumbeats getting louder. 

Unthinking march toward war. 

< sigh >

3aqqkr.jpg.926c1dffa9e600003e48dddf74af16f3.jpg

Pay attention to what Trump says in this transcript.  Ignore the poopy pants media attempting to falsely put words into Ttump's mouth. 

Excerpt below, full transcript and video in the link:

President Trump Oval Office Meeting With Crown Prince Salman Bin Hamad Al-Khalifa of Bahrain – (Video and Transcript)

Q Mr. President, have you seen evidence, proof, that Iran was behind the attack in Saudi Arabia?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, it’s looking that way. We’ll have some pretty good — we’re having some very strong studies done, but it’s certainly looking that way at this moment. And we’ll let you know. As soon as we find out definitively, we’ll let you know. But it does look that way.

Q Do you want war with Iran, Mr. President? Do you want war with Iran?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Do I want war? I don’t want war with anybody. I’m somebody that would like not to have war. We have the strongest military in the world. We’ve spent more than a trillion and a half dollars in the last short period of time on our military. Nobody has even come close. We have the best equipment in the world. We have the best missiles. And as you say, you just bought the Patriot system.

CROWN PRINCE SALMAN: We did.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: There’s nothing even close.

But, no, I don’t want war with anybody. But we’re prepared more than anybody. Two and a half years ago, I will tell you, it was not the same thing. And with what we’ve done, we’ve totally rebuilt our military in so many different ways, but we’ve rebuilt it. And there’s nobody — it has the F-35. We have the best fighter jets, the best rockets, the best missiles, the best equipment. But with all of that being said, we’d certainly like to avoid it.

Q What are the options, Mr. President? What are the options if not a military (inaudible)?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, we have a lot of options, but I’m not looking at options right now. We want to find definitively who did this. We’re dealing with Saudi Arabia. We’re dealing with the Crown Prince and so many other of your neighbors, and we’re all talking about it together. We’ll see what happens.

Q Mr. President, will you meet with President Rouhani in New York, as it was speculated that you might meet?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Say it?

Q Will you still meet with President Rouhani in Iran? Is this — in New York, I mean.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, I have no meeting scheduled. I know they want to meet. I know they’re not doing well as a country. Iran has got a lot of problems right now that two and a half years ago — and even a little bit more than that — when I came in — it’s hard to believe it’s almost three years — but two and half to three years ago, they were causing a lot of trouble. And we’ll see what happens.

But we’ll let you know definitively if there were — as you know, there are ways to see definitively where they came from, and we have all of those ways. And that’s being checked out right now.

Q Are you still willing to meet with the Iranians without preconditions? Still willing to meet with President Rouhani?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, you know, there were always conditions, because the conditions — if you look at it, the sanctions are not going to be taken off. So if the sanctions — that’s a condition. So, you know, that’s why the press misreported it. The biggest thing you can talk about are the sanctions, and the sanctions are massive. There’s never been sanctions put on a country like that. And I think they have a tremendous future, but not the way they’re behaving.

We’ll see what happens in terms of this attack. Secretary Pompeo and others will be going over to Saudi Arabia at some point to discuss what — they feel they’re going to make a statement fairly soon. But they also know something that most people don’t know, as to where it came from, who did it. And we’ll be able to find that out. We’ll figure that out very quickly. We pretty much already know.

Q (Inaudible) prepared for war?

Q You said the United States is prepared for war.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: The United States is more prepared than any country in the history of — of — in any history, if we have to go that way. As to whether or not we go that way, we’ll see. We have to find out definitively who did it. We have to speak to Saudi Arabia. They have to have a lot of — they have to have a lot in the game also. And, you know, they’re willing to do that. I think everybody knows they’re willing to do that.

So we’ll be meeting with Saudi Arabia. We’ll be talking to Saudi Arabia. We’ll be talking to UAE and many of the neighbors out there that we’re very close friends with. We’re also talking to Europe, a lot of the countries that we’re dealing with — whether it’s France, Germany, et cetera. Talking to a lot of different folks. And we’re figuring out what they think.

But I will tell you, that was a very large attack and it could be met with an attack many, many times larger, very easily, by our country. But we’re going to find out who definitively did it, first.

Q Can you clarify, Mr. President? So you said that you think that Iran is responsible for the attack. Do you think that the attack —

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I didn’t say that. Why do you say that?

Q You said — you said that you think you might —

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I said that we think we know who it was, but I didn’t say anybody.

Q And then you said it was Iran.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: But, certainly, it would look to most like it was Iran, but I did not say it the way you said. Go.

Q So do you think it was launched from Iran, is the second question.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: You’re going to find out in great detail in the very near future. We have the exact locations of just about everything. You’re going to find out at the right time. But it’s too early to tell you that now.

Q Do you want to release the oil reserves to help cushion the oil prices that are rising now?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, they haven’t risen very much. And we have the Strategic Oil Reserves, which are massive. And we can release a little bit of that. And other countries, including Bahrain — but other countries can be a little bit more generous with the oil, and you’d bring it right down.

So, no, that’s not a problem. It went up five dollars, and that is not a problem.

And you have to remember, we’re now the largest producer of oil and gas in the world. So a lot of people in the old days — and this happened over the last very short period of time. We’re number one in the world, by far.

CROWN PRINCE SALMAN: Yes, you are.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: By far. So I never want to be benefitted that way. But the fact is, there are those that say we benefit. I don’t view that as a benefit. But we are certainly — we take in more money than anybody else from energy. Not even close.

Q Mr. President, do you still think it’s the responsibility of the Saudis to defend themselves? Or should the United States be —

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I think it’s certainly the responsibility of them to do a big — a big deal of their defense, certainly. I also think it’s the responsibility of the Saudis to, if somebody like us — which are the ones — are going to help them, they, I know, that monetarily will be very much involved in paying for that.

This is something that’s much different than other Presidents would mention, Jon. But the fact is that the Saudis are going to have a lot of involvement in this if we decide to do something. They’ll be very much involved, and that includes payment. And they understand that fully.

But they’re going to be — look, they’re very upset. They’re very angry. They know pretty much what we know. They know pretty much where they came from. And we’re looking for the final checkpoints, and I think you won’t be surprised to see who did it.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Pay attention to what Trump says in this transcript.  Ignore the poopy pants media attempting to falsely put words into Ttump's mouth. 

Excerpt below, full transcript and video in the link:

President Trump Oval Office Meeting With Crown Prince Salman Bin Hamad Al-Khalifa of Bahrain – (Video and Transcript)

Q Mr. President, have you seen evidence, proof, that Iran was behind the attack in Saudi Arabia?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, it’s looking that way. We’ll have some pretty good — we’re having some very strong studies done, but it’s certainly looking that way at this moment. And we’ll let you know. As soon as we find out definitively, we’ll let you know. But it does look that way.

Q Do you want war with Iran, Mr. President? Do you want war with Iran?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Do I want war? I don’t want war with anybody. I’m somebody that would like not to have war. We have the strongest military in the world. We’ve spent more than a trillion and a half dollars in the last short period of time on our military. Nobody has even come close. We have the best equipment in the world. We have the best missiles. And as you say, you just bought the Patriot system.

CROWN PRINCE SALMAN: We did.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: There’s nothing even close.

But, no, I don’t want war with anybody. But we’re prepared more than anybody. Two and a half years ago, I will tell you, it was not the same thing. And with what we’ve done, we’ve totally rebuilt our military in so many different ways, but we’ve rebuilt it. And there’s nobody — it has the F-35. We have the best fighter jets, the best rockets, the best missiles, the best equipment. But with all of that being said, we’d certainly like to avoid it.

Q What are the options, Mr. President? What are the options if not a military (inaudible)?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, we have a lot of options, but I’m not looking at options right now. We want to find definitively who did this. We’re dealing with Saudi Arabia. We’re dealing with the Crown Prince and so many other of your neighbors, and we’re all talking about it together. We’ll see what happens.

Q Mr. President, will you meet with President Rouhani in New York, as it was speculated that you might meet?

Q Will you still meet with President Rouhani in Iran? Is this — in New York, I mean.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, I have no meeting scheduled. I know they want to meet. I know they’re not doing well as a country. Iran has got a lot of problems right now that two and a half years ago — and even a little bit more than that — when I came in — it’s hard to believe it’s almost three years — but two and half to three years ago, they were causing a lot of trouble. And we’ll see what happens.

But we’ll let you know definitively if there were — as you know, there are ways to see definitively where they came from, and we have all of those ways. And that’s being checked out right now.

Q Are you still willing to meet with the Iranians without preconditions? Still willing to meet with President Rouhani?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, you know, there were always conditions, because the conditions — if you look at it, the sanctions are not going to be taken off. So if the sanctions — that’s a condition. So, you know, that’s why the press misreported it. The biggest thing you can talk about are the sanctions, and the sanctions are massive. There’s never been sanctions put on a country like that. And I think they have a tremendous future, but not the way they’re behaving.

We’ll see what happens in terms of this attack. Secretary Pompeo and others will be going over to Saudi Arabia at some point to discuss what — they feel they’re going to make a statement fairly soon. But they also know something that most people don’t know, as to where it came from, who did it. And we’ll be able to find that out. We’ll figure that out very quickly. We pretty much already know.

Q (Inaudible) prepared for war?

Q You said the United States is prepared for war.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: The United States is more prepared than any country in the history of — of — in any history, if we have to go that way. As to whether or not we go that way, we’ll see. We have to find out definitively who did it. We have to speak to Saudi Arabia. They have to have a lot of — they have to have a lot in the game also. And, you know, they’re willing to do that. I think everybody knows they’re willing to do that.

So we’ll be meeting with Saudi Arabia. We’ll be talking to Saudi Arabia. We’ll be talking to UAE and many of the neighbors out there that we’re very close friends with. We’re also talking to Europe, a lot of the countries that we’re dealing with — whether it’s France, Germany, et cetera. Talking to a lot of different folks. And we’re figuring out what they think.

But I will tell you, that was a very large attack and it could be met with an attack many, many times larger, very easily, by our country. But we’re going to find out who definitively did it, first.

Q Can you clarify, Mr. President? So you said that you think that Iran is responsible for the attack. Do you think that the attack —

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I didn’t say that. Why do you say that?

Q You said — you said that you think you might —

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I said that we think we know who it was, but I didn’t say anybody.

Q And then you said it was Iran.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: But, certainly, it would look to most like it was Iran, but I did not say it the way you said. Go.

Q So do you think it was launched from Iran, is the second question.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: You’re going to find out in great detail in the very near future. We have the exact locations of just about everything. You’re going to find out at the right time. But it’s too early to tell you that now.

Q Do you want to release the oil reserves to help cushion the oil prices that are rising now?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, they haven’t risen very much. And we have the Strategic Oil Reserves, which are massive. And we can release a little bit of that. And other countries, including Bahrain — but other countries can be a little bit more generous with the oil, and you’d bring it right down.

So, no, that’s not a problem. It went up five dollars, and that is not a problem.

And you have to remember, we’re now the largest producer of oil and gas in the world. So a lot of people in the old days — and this happened over the last very short period of time. We’re number one in the world, by far.

CROWN PRINCE SALMAN: Yes, you are.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: By far. So I never want to be benefitted that way. But the fact is, there are those that say we benefit. I don’t view that as a benefit. But we are certainly — we take in more money than anybody else from energy. Not even close.

Q Mr. President, do you still think it’s the responsibility of the Saudis to defend themselves? Or should the United States be —

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I think it’s certainly the responsibility of them to do a big — a big deal of their defense, certainly. I also think it’s the responsibility of the Saudis to, if somebody like us — which are the ones — are going to help them, they, I know, that monetarily will be very much involved in paying for that.

This is something that’s much different than other Presidents would mention, Jon. But the fact is that the Saudis are going to have a lot of involvement in this if we decide to do something. They’ll be very much involved, and that includes payment. And they understand that fully.

But they’re going to be — look, they’re very upset. They’re very angry. They know pretty much what we know. They know pretty much where they came from. And we’re looking for the final checkpoints, and I think you won’t be surprised to see who did it.

Your President changed his tune from earlier.

We call that flip flop

Can people please just select a small section if quoting someone?  It could literally be one word.  Thankyou. 

I would if I could figure out how to do it on this damn phone!

But I agree that quoting reams is a pain in the butt.

I love how knowledgeable you are about tons of topics but you can't work out your own phone 

Why Would Iran Attack the Saudis NOW?

U.S. officials claim that the attacks against Saudi oil facilities was launched from Iranian soil.

Are they right?

We have no idea at this point, as the U.S. government hasn't released any evidence.

But given that the U.S. and 23 other countries have ADMITTED to carrying out false flag attacks before - including - it's worth asking whether Iran or another country had more to gain from this attack ...

... Why now?

Of course, the Houthis have claimed responsibility for the attack, while the Iranians have denied it.    But the U.S. isn't paying any attention to their statements.

It's possible it really was the Iranians ... but given the history of fake "justifications" for war (like Iraq), it's worth asking questions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Exactly, has not skyrocketed yet so leave reserves alone and wait to see full damage assessment and timeline of outage, let some world glut be consumed.....and no, I am not pushing for $100 oil, that is foolish in today's economic situation...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, cbrasher1 said:

I am not pushing for $100 oil

I am. Is that bad lol?  Yes there is glut which will get eaten up but people's reserves are not what people believe. Bloomberg guest yesterday said Saudi reserves are already down, compared to past years. He suggested literally nothing, maybe a month's worth. China and US still have a chunk maybe but getting Aramco back up could be months. There is even an article on this website saying months due to parts needed. There is way more to this than any of us know, and we may have some Iran shooty bad man.

11 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

I am. Is that bad lol? 

Yes there is glut which will get of us know, and we may have some Iran shooty bad man.

No, not bad at all if ya can make a few dollars.  I'll send some over to share in the bounty 😂😂

I do hope some rationale prevails before we have some Iran shooty bad man.  No need for another Iraq, so I hope someone knows without a doubt before that scenario unfolds....

4 hours ago, DayTrader said:

I love how knowledgeable you are about tons of topics but you can't work out your own phone 

I’m a Luddite....

• Like 1

I seriously doubt, whatever happens, that there will be a ‘Boots on the ground’ sort of war. 

First, there is no appetite for another war of this type in the States. They would rather focus on finally getting out of Afghanistan and Iraq (but maybe keep a presence in Kurdistan).

Second, there is no need for boots on the ground when you can select targets at will and destroy them from afar. Escalate as necessary.

Finally, the Iran theocracy, in the back of their minds, will be worried about a popular uprising while they are busy getting hammered nightly.

The only way that I see this going to ‘boots on the ground’ is if Iran decided to ‘pull a Saddam’ and invade Saudi Arabia. This would cause a similar response as when Iraq invaded Kuwait. Surely even the Iranian theocracy is not that stupid!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I seriously doubt, whatever happens, that there will be a ‘Boots on the ground’ sort of war. 

First, there is no appetite for another war of this type in the States. They would rather focus on finally getting out of Afghanistan and Iraq (but maybe keep a presence in Kurdistan).

Second, there is no need for boots on the ground when you can select targets at will and destroy them from afar. Escalate as necessary.

Finally, the Iran theocracy, in the back of their minds, will be worried about a popular uprising while they are busy getting hammered nightly.

The only way that I see this going to ‘boots on the ground’ is if Iran decided to ‘pull a Saddam’ and invade Saudi Arabia. This would cause a similar response as when Iraq invaded Kuwait. Surely even the Iranian theocracy is not that stupid!

There would never be 'Boots on the ground' or even aerial bombardments sort of war, any war with Iran is out of the question,

because Iran is a mountainous country, not flat as a table Iraq lowlands,

and because Iran has its indigenous, sophisticated military technology including missile technology

And last but not least in case of war you would see covert Russian help.

So very, very improbable scenario would look like this:

Day 1 US aerial bombardment

Day 2 You see part of UAE & of Saudi Arabian oil export facilities damaged (as a warning only sth like 20%)

Day 3 End of the war

And Day Trader at the end of the day 2 you would see your dreamed 100$ oil or even 150$...