BK

USA Wants Iran War -- Shooty Shooty More

During the 1991 gulf war Sadaam's scuds were out in the open desert in southern Iraq, and he fired one every few days. The U.S. couldn't find them. He kept firing them again and again and again. Iran is mountainous. A lot easier to hide the missiles in a cave than open desert. They have a range of 2000 km.  If they pull one out and sink an oil tanker every 3 weeks, no captain is gong to sail through the strait of Hormuz. I don't think the us can invade 2000 km into Iran, Iran is mountainous and easier to defend than open desert.  The U.S. can destroy every power plant and bridge in the first few hours of conflict, wrecking the country, but the Iranians will be able to fire missiles at tankers for months or perhaps years to come. 

According to the Houthi general who described the attacks, the drones jammed the Saudi radar and went in with pinnpoint precision, hitting their targets.  How would the same scenario unfold if American troops were operating the radar systems? We can guess now, but nobody can tell for sure. What happens when 100 drones get launched at once, flying towards an American base? what if five get through and the U.S. buildings go boom? How long will the public stand for body bags coming back by the dozens each day? What if we do lose a few ships?

U.S. antimissile technology is relatively untested in battle, but during the 1991 gulf war it did not work so well. Now we have so many unknowns. I predict oil over $150 for at least 4 months in the event of a U.S. Iran war. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, wrs said:

So the Houthis just reported that they destroyed a Saudi Brigade and offered a lot of proof.  Looks like the USA puppet, KSA is getting it's ass kicked and there is more.  The Crown Prince's bodyguard was shot dead and a high speed rail station in Jedda is on fire billowing black smoke.  Looks bad for KSA this weekend, MBS better be hiding in his bunker.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-yemen-security-saudi/yemens-houthis-say-footage-shows-attack-on-saudi-border-frontline-idUSKBN1WE0E9

https://twitter.com/Natsecjeff/status/1178294977895522304

https://youtu.be/KEWtwMx38yc

Thanks I was just about to make a correction for my own post as the video I linked can be found on youtube and was dated the 1st of September so that was a separate attack and doesn't look the same location.

So much for the ceasefire.

10 minutes ago, Punkweed said:

During the 1991 gulf war Sadaam's scuds were out in the open desert in southern Iraq, and he fired one every few days. The U.S. couldn't find them. He kept firing them again and again and again. Iran is mountainous. A lot easier to hide the missiles in a cave than open desert. They have a range of 2000 km.  If they pull one out and sink an oil tanker every 3 weeks, no captain is gong to sail through the strait of Hormuz. I don't think the us can invade 2000 km into Iran, Iran is mountainous and easier to defend than open desert.  The U.S. can destroy every power plant and bridge in the first few hours of conflict, wrecking the country, but the Iranians will be able to fire missiles at tankers for months or perhaps years to come. 

According to the Houthi general who described the attacks, the drones jammed the Saudi radar and went in with pinnpoint precision, hitting their targets.  How would the same scenario unfold if American troops were operating the radar systems? We can guess now, but nobody can tell for sure. What happens when 100 drones get launched at once, flying towards an American base? what if five get through and the U.S. buildings go boom? How long will the public stand for body bags coming back by the dozens each day? What if we do lose a few ships?

U.S. antimissile technology is relatively untested in battle, but during the 1991 gulf war it did not work so well. Now we have so many unknowns. I predict oil over $150 for at least 4 months in the event of a U.S. Iran war. 

I'm not sure the Patriot missiles are really designed to shoot down small drones there were originally anti aircraft and then got upgraded to deal with ballistic missiles. I believe the US/UK military use a variant of the Phalanx to protect bases against mortars and other projectiles which would be much more effective. Additionally there is the skyguard system.

Looking at the videos coming out recently you have to ask the question...where the hell is their air cover? Not too long ago they would have responded with Apache helicopters very quickly, the Houthis claiimed they'd been attacking airbases inside Saudi especially the aircraft, I know all sides are prone to exagerating but it makes you wonder if there was any truth to that.

If these latest reports are true and they appear to be then the Saudis have just been absolutely humiliated and a response becomes  more likely, either they will do something stupid like attack Iran or will be forced to the negotiating table.

On another note the war in Iraq expanded Iranian influence in the ME as Iraq now could be concidered an Iranian ally since they allow Iran to operate inside Iraq. I wonder if the higher ups ever saw that coming.

• Like 1

(edited)

On 9/16/2019 at 3:19 PM, BillKidd said:

Why do others want it? What's the benefit? And do you think it will happen?

- The others want it because it's about power.   Who will rule ISLAM.  This has been going on since Muhammad died way back in the 600s.What's the benefit? You will then have centralized ISLAMIC leadership or in some circles (Sharia Law).  Do I think it will happen? Nostradamus predicted it will and based what's going on between Saudi Arabia/Iran you'd be crazy to dismiss it.

https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2007/02/12/7332087/the-origins-of-the-shiite-sunni-split

Edited by fozzir

(edited)

JUST GET ON WITH THE SHOOTY IF YOU'RE GOING TO

BAD MAN = BAD

SHOVE YOUR IPO

BORING 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, wrs said:

So the Houthis just reported that they destroyed a Saudi Brigade and offered a lot of proof.  Looks like the USA puppet, KSA is getting it's ass kicked and there is more.  The Crown Prince's bodyguard was shot dead and a high speed rail station in Jedda is on fire billowing black smoke.  Looks bad for KSA this weekend, MBS better be hiding in his bunker.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-yemen-security-saudi/yemens-houthis-say-footage-shows-attack-on-saudi-border-frontline-idUSKBN1WE0E9

https://twitter.com/Natsecjeff/status/1178294977895522304

https://youtu.be/KEWtwMx38yc

So you're saying the cease fire was a ruse? ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wrs said:

The Crown Prince's bodyguard was shot dead and a high speed rail station in Jedda is on fire billowing black smoke.  Looks bad for KSA this weekend, MBS better be hiding in his bunker.

Hadn't heard this one, but if it's true MBS's time may almost be over. King Salman's chief bodyguard is confirmed shot dead in the UAE by major media sources.

The other shoe may finally be dropping. The question is who/what next? It could easily be other portions of the House of Saud. The Mutawa and other various conservative portions of the country have to be absolutely livid with MBS. MBS has completely upset the structures inside the Kingdom. Helped him take over by surprise, look like a great freer of the masses to the under 25, but so many thing put under severe stress.

5 minutes ago, John Foote said:

Hadn't heard this one, but if it's true MBS's time may almost be over. King Salman's chief bodyguard is confirmed shot dead in the UAE by major media sources.

The other shoe may finally be dropping. The question is who/what next? It could easily be other portions of the House of Saud. The Mutawa and other various conservative portions of the country have to be absolutely livid with MBS. MBS has completely upset the structures inside the Kingdom. Helped him take over by surprise, look like a great freer of the masses to the under 25, but so many thing put under severe stress.

They're saying the shooting was a personal dispute? Sounds pretty personal to me. 

the state-run Saudi Press Agency said the dispute saw a friend of al-Fagham shoot and kill him, as well as wound another Saudi and a Filipino worker there.

A gunfight erupted as security forces responded to the home that saw the shooter killed and five members of the security forces wounded, the news agency reported.