Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Regan

Saudis Confirm a Cruise Missile from Iranian Origin

(edited)

I haven't seen much news today, but what I just saw was suggesting ''KSA says terrorism''.

Brilliant. Is this even news? Took them like 4 days to work that out?  Jeez.  Good luck with getting back on track when that golden comment took 4 days.

So people are suggesting Iran?  I'm truly shocked.

My money was on Mongolia.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

I haven't seen much news today, but what I just saw was suggesting ''KSA says terrorism''.

Brilliant. Is this even news? Took them like 4 days to work that out?  Jeez.  Good luck with getting back on track when that golden comment took 4 days.

So people are suggesting Iran?  I'm truly shocked.

My money was on Mongolia.

Apparently a circuit board has been recovered which points to Iranian technology, “stolen” from Russia. 🤔

• Like 1

(edited)

Wow really?

I can't even focus on this at the moment. The only image in my head now is Aramco and Saudi bosses outside, interviewed by press with cameras, fires raging everywhere in the background, missile debris all over the ground, and they say ''we think it's terrorism''.

Edited by Guest

The official narrative makes no sense whatsoever.

Worth reading and considering in the mad rush to war:

Questions, Not Answers Surround U.S. Push to War with Iran

===============================

These memes (inspired by Zhong's recent comments here) were originally meant as a joke, but it seems absurdly obvious now that many U.S. government war hawks are unswervingly dedicated to start a war / bombing campaign against Iran no matter what. 

3aqcxi.jpg.0f8b6c5ee43f98ff3b5ab8c3f486c7db.jpg

3aqetn.jpg.2c73d11a0e85984a062b6671124f98d6.jpg

In U.S. war hawk NPC unthinking robotic inflexibility, Iran is at fault, no matter what evidence is found.

Houthis claim responsibility?  Nope, it was Iran.

Damn any evidence or impartial, critical thinking, it was Iran, and drop those bombs now.  NPC.  Robotic thinking.  Bomb now, think later (or never).

Damn near the same scenario when U.S. war hawks claimed proof of Saddam's Weapons of Mass Destruction in mobile trucks, which were later proven to be a fabricated lie to justify bombing Iraq.  Total fustercluck of warmonger lies.

Read the article in the link above.

Trump seems to be the adult in the room, saying to his war-obsessed advisors to hold the fuck up a minute guys, let's get some actual proof before we do anything.

Here's a thought, how about U.S. pull out 90% of troops from the Middle East and let Saudi Arabia, Israel and Iran bomb each other to their hearts content.  Which they clearly want to do.

●  Why the hell does the U.S. need to respond?

●  Saudi Arabia should be 100% responsible for finding evidence and taking appropriate military action for the military strike against Saudi Aramco facilities in Saudi Arabia, and NOT THE U.S.

This is going to end badly.  Very badly.  F*ucking warmongers lust after war and bombing, and peace will not be allowed to break out, thus sayeth our warlord masters in the Middle East.

/ frustrated

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

Tom, that link is gold. 

Agreed, very very suspicious that there is still no concrete news. Group A - we did it, Group B - It wasn't us, USA - B did it.

From a completely selfish standpoint I want to know what the hell is going on with oil haha. 

Everything I've read on it is 'alleged' , 'claims' , 'points to' , 'indicates' and yep Trump the only one waiting. And ooh ''we're locked and loaded.'' What do they expect him to say? '' We have no idea who it was and we are terrified ''.

And yes, let them sort their own shit out. Give me news if it affects my oil position, then crack on. Shooty or no shooty. You're sat on an ocean of black gold but don't have the cash to do an investigation yourself? Like the article says, we can read shit from space but can't work out who sent a few weapons? This takes like a week? In 2019?!! 

That said, Iran bad.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, DayTrader said:

Give me news if it affects my oil position

Also, the news on them getting back on track and the timeframes that have been thrown around in the last few days are utter shite. 

2 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Greenpeace?

• Haha 1

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 22.43.56.png

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2

Just for the record, let’s review what we actually know about this issue.

1.) A catastrophic event occurred at a petroleum processing facility in Saudi Arabia.

That’s it folks! That is all we can confirm at THIS TIME.

Yemen said they were responsible...I can say the moon is made of blue cheese, that does not make it so!

Iran says they are not responsible...so what! Since when does saying something make it a fact?

Trump says he is ‘locked and loaded’. By definition isn’t any military ‘locked and loaded’? I bet the rest of the militaries in the region are not sitting on their asses and shooting craps!

The KSA says they have located an Iranian drone that failed to reach target, a smoking gun. Kind of fortuitous I’d say, but again until this can be proven, it ranks as ‘irrelevant’. 

‘Who benefits?’ That list would be long and distinguished but again proves absolutely nothing!

What I am trying to say here is that we have again fallen into the trap of thinking that we actually have enough factual information to actually debate the issue...we don’t.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

That’s it folks! That is all we can confirm at THIS TIME.

Agreed. Everything coming out is bullshit with a slab of rumour and a side of distraction. On news they just said ''Aramco to be back to full production within a few months'' , then it cuts to snippet of Saudi minister interview and he says ''by end of September''. Right, so a contradiction within a few seconds?  If they can't get their story straight about this then jeez. This is before who did it, like they don't know, and what happens next.

26 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

By definition isn’t any military ‘locked and loaded’?

DING

25 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I can say the moon is made of blue cheese

Edam. (Wax removed by meteorites over time).

IT'S ALL BULLSHIT AT THE MOMENT

People tell their children to sit back and take a deep breath before deciding a course of action, but we as adults do not listen to our own advice!

The vast majority of the horseshit surrounding this incident is nationalism fueled my the usual mainstream media sensationalism. Not common sense and facts.

If it can be conclusively proven that this was actually an attack on sovereign Saudi soil, then I am all for punishing the culprits, but let’s wait and see what the truth actually is!

Allies will act as allies. I expect the US to assist Saudi in determining the TRUTH, nothing more, nothing less. If retaliation is deemed necessary it should be Saudi that retaliates against those who attacked them.

Until it can be proven that Iran, or Iran via Yemen, had a hand in this then let’s keep this issue separate from the issues of Iranian sanctions and security in the Straits. Until proven otherwise, they are separate issues.

If you despise Trump and the US, that’s fine. By the same token you are not a fan of the Iranian theocracy, that is fine as well.

But let’s quit using this event, mainstream media nonsense and nationalism to further our own personal narrative, opinions and views.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DayTrader said:

Agreed. Everything coming out is bullshit with a slab of rumour and a side of distraction. On news they just said ''Aramco to be back to full production within a few months'' , then it cuts to snippet of Saudi minister interview and he says ''by end of September''. Right, so a contradiction within a few seconds?  If they can't get their story straight about this then jeez. This is before who did it, like they don't know, and what happens next.

DING

Edam. (Wax removed by meteorites over time).

IT'S ALL BULLSHIT AT THE MOMENT

Funny that you should mention meteorites.

I think, pending further evidence, the damage to the facility COULD have been caused by a meteorite shower...🤔

• Haha 3

Oh that'll be next ... stay tuned

10 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Why the hell does the U.S. need to respond?

●  Saudi Arabia should be 100% responsible for finding evidence and taking appropriate military action for the military strike against Saudi Aramco facilities in Saudi Arabia, and NOT THE U.S.

In my opinion, the only response in any event by the U.S. should be one focused on maintaining some civility and not escalating things. That being said, though, I agree these countries would like nothing more than to bomb the shit out of each other. I feel bad for all the poor people just trying to go about their day to day routine that get pulled into these conflicts. I hope this is where President Trump will shine and continue to keep the warmongers in check while pursuing some alternative avenue of diplomacy based on fact and well gathered evidence. I think the U.S. is probably in a better position than most to help affect a peaceful resolution, but I'm not sure that's the narrative that will be pursued. 

I don't think the U.S. should act as the Saudi's hitman. I also don't think the U.S. should give any credibility to the investigations performed by the Saudis, so I see where it is in U.S. interest to gather their own intelligence. However, I also suspect the U.S. probably has a pretty good idea where the drones were launched from, the path they took to target, and probably some specifics on their specifications, capabilities and manufacturing.....depending on the resources they had in the area at the time. I think they play these cards pretty close to the chest though as they don't want to give too much away. 

At the end of the day, I feel like President Trump has been pretty transparent about trying to lower oil prices, sometimes beyond prices the U.S. operators are comfortable with. With that in mind, just from an economic standpoint, I don't think he has any interest in getting dragged into conflict with Iran beyond sanctions and fiscal punishment. 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

After the KSA spent Billions of USD on US made weapons and fighter jets, including missile defence systems (that didn't work obviously), its only natural that the USA would be the first country one would turn too. I know most of you are saying enough is enough, no need to keep policing the globe. The US has only recently taken a back foot on fighting other peopled battles, but were they other peoples battles?

• Why get involved in the invasion of Kuwait - Nothing to do with the USA
  • Why invade Iraq- WMDs didn't exists.
  • Why Invade Afghanistan - 9/11 (lets not get out of hand on the patriotic side) To search for a bunch of musket wielding tribesman.
  • Why insist on patrolling the Straights of Hormuz
  • Why protect Israel the biggest ticking time bomb in the middle east.
  • Why get involved in Libya Civil War
  • Why blatantly ruffle Arab feathers in Israel- who gives a dam where the Israeli embassy is, Palestine cares, but it's an easy one to support an embassy move until the rockets start firing out the Gaza strip.

The USA has been sabre rattling the middle east for decades for one reason OIL, so now as its apparently the worlds biggest exporter they should just walk away and leave all the work done behind?

Its not so mechanical as walking away, a war in the middle east of the current type will have serious consequences for all, its amazing after all that Iran has done, not one move from the USA or the EU, British tanker still there, if M Thatcher was in Power that ship would have been stormed by the SBS weeks ago.

Both the EU and USA have lost the stomach to fight with Iran, and that's good, maybe something has been learnt from the previous bloody wars, but the risk now lies with leaving Iran to run amok. Enemy #1 for Iran is Israel and its backers the USA, where will they stop.

Does anyone really believe if KSA starts firing missiles etc into Iran that the USA and EU will not be involved.

Responsibility needs to be taken by all parties including the KSA, USA, EU and Iran, its not a walk away situation.

The oil price Indicators of Brent and WTI should be used a barometer for the possibility of a confrontation, each day we see the price drop and it will go back to mid 50s Brent and there will be no war.

Respectfully 

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

And there I was thinking you wanted shooty

(edited)

16 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

It was a Meme, Shooty Shooty does have its benefits particularly in my field, a war in the middle east and I could retire early, no doubts, but thats may be considered as a little selfish. I could handle the SOH being closed for example, but a Shooty Shooty of this magnitude is unthinkable. I would be telling porkies if I didn't want the markets to be disrupted skyrocketing the price of oil, so we could get back to work.

Some times I flip-flop depending on my mood, but this is a major event and has the potential to destroy a region, an accelerated proxy war will move quickly to a full on war, the odd Bangy Bangy is the norm but full on Shooty Shooty would be rough, imagine living in the region and our rhetoric may be somewhat different.

Im a hypocrite in denial....some of the time. 

Regarding Israel - Im nor here nor there, here today gone tomorrow - Fair Game.

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

21 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Short your oil plays......

(edited)

7 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Short your oil plays......

Out already mate, bored of the flatline.

Rode it from 56.2 up to 61.1, just after NY open yesterday.

Waiting for news and a new position.

*Bangy bangy, fair enough. 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, DayTrader said:

Out already mate, bored of the flatline.

Rode it from 56.2 up to 61.1, just after NY open yesterday.

Waiting for news and a new position.

*Bangy bangy, fair enough. 

But you never know, one bit of shootyness .....😂

#PUNISH

19 minutes ago, James Regan said:

a war in the middle east and I could retire early, no doubts, but thats may be considered as a little selfish.

Nah, not at all. It's important to have goals.

7 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

#PUNISH

Imagine trading Ethanol, I don't think I could handle the adrenalin...

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 06.59.45.png

• Haha 1