Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ML

Let's shut down dissent like The Conversation in Australia

On 9/24/2019 at 10:01 PM, HARRY1 said:

personal attacks or generalized slurs against any groups of people will be summarily deleted by moderators....unless you're a young girl attacking old white men. .Then we'll demonize you because our toys use fossil fuels and you're not taking our toys from us FU

This is an unsettling comment.  The moderators seek to restrain the worst impulses that flow from the Dark Side. It is an unfortunate commentary on the Internet that an un-moderated Forum will attract those who would write "FU" to the membership.  The moderators cannot read every post, this Forum has over 10,000 members and yes we have to do other work for  living.  Getting past that, "personal attacks"  are always inappropriate, and yes, they have to be removed to maintain Order. 

I invite you to imagine a Forum where everyone writes "FU" in full at the end of each  post. as you now have.  What serious contributor would wish to stay on the Forum?  Nobody. You will end up with the disgruntled writing nasty notes to each other. That is not our objective. 

The "young girl attacking old white men" is NOT doing that on the Forum.  She is doing that inside the United Nations Headquarters.  She is doing that to attack the production and use of oil products.  Is that not a proper subject for further examination?

And yes, we have had lengthy discussions here on trends towards substitution of product for oils, including in transportation (electric cars have been extensively discussed) and policies that are designed to craft substitutes for oil, and the consequences of doing so - including the use of coal and wood and the dismantling of forests.  I am sorry you have not viewed those. 

You further declare:  Then we'll demonize you because our toys use fossil fuels and you're not taking our toys from us. FU

There is no evidence of that at all.  You could consider that, perhaps, a toy would be a motorcycle with a gasoline engine, but the technology for that is rapidly changing.  There is an annual motorcycle race up Pike's Peak, a gruelling set of switchbacks that challenges the best motorcycle riders in the USA.   Zero Motorcycles, of California, now builds stock, off-the-shelf, police bikes that consistently out-perform gasoline bikes.  The last winners of the Pike's Peak motorcycle races have all been electric bikes. Even Harley Davidson is introducing electric motorcycles.  The entire industry of "toys" is shifting, due in large part to creative design developments by the motorcycle builders. In another ten years the gasoline motorbike will have gone the way of the dodo. Check it out:

Pikes Peak 2016 Electric Motorcycle Team - KOMMIT EVT  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqOuaNS0o_c

In a racing environment where races are measured in one-one-hundredth of  a second, the electric bike in 2018 was 20 seconds faster than the gasoline machine, which came in second place.  20 seconds faster!

Here in the Automobile class, the Volkswagen electric car beat out all gasoline cars and set  new record for fastest hill climb at Pike's Peak  (see the electric at about 6:30):

Pikes Peak Record Beaten: The Power of Electricity. | Pikes Peak Hillclimb 2018      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbtJkbXaPd4

To the extent that these are considered "toys" by you, I point out that the days of gasoline are obviously numbered. 

For you to write that the Forum favors gasoline engines and "demonizes" everything else, that is clearly not truthful, and in all candor writing "FU"  at the end of your Post is immature. 

Jan van Eck,  Moderator

Finally we are going to have the opportunity to do an ACTUAL investigation, Trump's lawyers are going to be able to drag EVERY idiot up on stage for the world to see, and they will have to be answering some tough questions. This is going to expose the Demorats for who they really are. THANK you Ms Pelosi for waiting long enough for us. That hearing is going to dig up all kinds of misdeeds that the Demorats thought they were going to get away with, and it will be all done during the election campaign so it can be fresh on everyone's minds when they vote.

7 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

I invite you to imagine a Forum where everyone writes "FU" in full at the end of each  post.

House of Cards.

7 hours ago, SERWIN said:

Finally we are going to have the opportunity to do an ACTUAL investigation, Trump's lawyers are going to be able to drag EVERY idiot up on stage for the world to see, and they will have to be answering some tough questions. This is going to expose the Demorats for who they really are. THANK you Ms Pelosi for waiting long enough for us. That hearing is going to dig up all kinds of misdeeds that the Demorats thought they were going to get away with, and it will be all done during the election campaign so it can be fresh on everyone's minds when they vote.

Politics of, by, and for the Seriously Disturbed

Give us your children! Your guns! Your cars! Your hamburgers! Your air conditioning! We will control all and ensure we all live good lives. All praise to Gaia!

• Haha 1

OK this is a very sore topic I am having to console my daugher on a daily basis, her geogrphy class has been taken over by far left environmental loonies who are peddling this disgusting apocalytic garbage, she hasn't learned a damn thing in a year because all she is taught is about the sub-saharan (syrian refugees) economic migrants and the climate bullflap. As a geologist who studied at a very good university I would say I agree with the late Professor Bob Carter (R.I.P) who pretty much echos our own eminent professors opinions back 20+ years ago....we all laughed back then about global warming and the hysteria but I bet they aren't laughing now.

Here's a very decent lecture by Bob and he is a fair and reasonable guy, unlike the nutters who've taken over the debate.

I would strongly recommend people watch and listen to this because even without a geological background he explains in laymans terms the debate. Saddly my daughters teachers will not see the other side of the debate nor recomend that kids make their own minds up. It's simply the political indoctrination of children so that the left will still (they hope) have a voter base in 20 years time.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZjVqnvFbak

• Like 1

772e60zq10p31.thumb.jpg.1b309d3b5515b50e29136363c0435a0c.jpg

• Haha 1

Doh!

1569494878852.png

Yeah yeah, that Millennium bug is coming. Just wait... they're on to something there.