Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JN

Saudi State-of-Art Defense System looking the wrong way. MBS must fire Defense Minister. Oh, MBS is Defense Minister. Forget about it.

(edited)

The Saudi excuse is the defense system was looking the other way. EVEN THOUGH THE U.S. MILITARY INTELLIGENCE DETERMINED THAT THE PREVIOUS ATTACK ON SAUDI PIPELINE COUPLE MONTHS AGO CAME FROM THE NORTH EAST FROM THE IRAN / IRAQ BORDER.

Saudi explanations and excuses are ever changing.

Pompeo immediately after attack blamed Iran without any intelligence report.  Would his premature conjecture look embarrassing if he backed down. Secretary of State can't be impulsive.

Edited by Jabbar

(edited)

Can Jabbar get some kinda award please for this thread title?

@Selvedina  ?

Brilliant.

Edited by Guest

Unfortunately we don't have a Brilliant thread title medal. Yet. 

@CMOP can we do anything about this? 

• Upvote 1

haha maybe bonus points in the normal point system

or yes, title of the day, would get some belters then everyday 

6 hours ago, Jabbar said:

The Saudi excuse is the defense system was looking the other way. EVEN THOUGH THE U.S. MILITARY INTELLIGENCE DETERMINED THAT THE PREVIOUS ATTACK ON SAUDI PIPELINE COUPLE MONTHS AGO CAME FROM THE NORTH EAST FROM THE IRAN / IRAQ BORDER.

Saudi explanations and excuses are ever changing.

Pompeo immediately after attack blamed Iran without any intelligence report.  Would his premature conjecture look embarrassing if he backed down. Secretary of State can't be impulsive.

6 hours ago, Ethan Ireland said:

Could you please provide sources? Thank you. 

Jabbar and Ethan, both of you make valid points.

Jabbar, you are free to express your opinion here, same as every other forum member.

As a moderator, I suggest you provide links to news / photos / websites that back up your assertions.  If you do not provide links to back up your statements, it will be difficult for anyone with differing opinions to even consider your assertions.  

This is not the first time that you have not provided any backing links that support your assertions, and this is not the first time that I have asked you to provide the links or photos that you are referencing in your assertions.

No linky, no thinky.  If you have links that support your thinking, please post them in your comments.  Otherwise most lurkers will not bother to think that the opinions offered might be true.

So to help yourself in trying to get others to consider your views, please allow others to peruse supporting news / photos / documents that you refer to.

• Upvote 1

Cut him some slack, it's the best title ever

6 hours ago, Jabbar said:

Pompeo immediately after attack blamed Iran without any intelligence report.

In fairness this is true isn't it? He went to SA to apparently get full story (from the undeniable professionalism of the SA security officials?) ,but was blaming Iran, well, before it even happened.

But hey, MSM.

Pompeo want shooty shooty bad man punish.

5 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Cut him some slack, it's the best title ever

Agreed, it's a great thread title.

@Jabbar kindly note that I tend to agree with your comments more than I disagree.  This wasn't meant to be a scolding.

On anon forums, if one does not provide links to support assertions, comments tend to be summarily ignored.  This is not an anon forum, but the same general principle applies. Please provide sources, otherwise expect to not be taken seriously by others, or risk getting labeled as tin foil.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Jabbar and Ethan, both of you make valid points.

Jabbar, you are free to express your opinion here, same as every other forum member.

As a moderator, I suggest you provide links to news / photos / websites that back up your assertions.  If you do not provide links to back up your statements, it will be difficult for anyone with differing opinions to even consider your assertions.  

This is not the first time that you have not provided any backing links that support your assertions, and this is not the first time that I have asked you to provide the links or photos that you are referencing in your assertions.

No linky, no thinky.  If you have links that support your thinking, please post them in your comments.  Otherwise most lurkers will not bother to think that the opinions offered might be true.

So to help yourself in trying to get others to consider your views, please allow others to peruse supporting news / photos / documents that you refer to.

Good point.

I will include links .

Thanks

• Like 1

This thread title still makes me laugh.

What SA should do is contact the Israelis to come up with a realistic air defense system to protect against these sorts of threats. After all, Israel has been successfully knocking out items launched by the Palestinians in Gaza for years now.

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2019 at 3:28 AM, Jabbar said:

Good point.

I will include links .

But please keep up these amazing titles

Another alternative opinion:

Trump Falls Into the Aramco Trap

Now that I’ve had a week to process it, the attack on the Saudi Abqaiq oil processing facility was more than a brilliant operation, it was a trap.

And, unfortunately, President Trump just fell in it.

My initial reaction to this was that it could have easily been a false flag to gin up a war with Iran on the eve of Israeli elections. The initial spate of questions hadn’t been answered adequately.

As the week went along, however, it became clear that the responses from all concerned to this attack that the those that took responsibility for it, the Houthis in North Yemen backed by Iranian technology, were the ones that did it.

And it all comes down to the same thing, the Saudi Aramco IPO.  ...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

it became clear that the responses from all concerned to this attack that the those that took responsibility for it, the Houthis in North Yemen backed by Iranian technology, were the ones that did it.

I would mention that, at one point, Yemen bought a cargo-ship load of rockets from North Korea.  We know that because the US Navy shadowed the freighter from NK and stopped it just outside Yemen, where after some consultation it was allowed to continue and unload, apparently in the theory that Yemen had paid for it and the USA was not in a war conflict with the then-Yemeni government.  I think all that was before the Houthis took over the Capitol, though. 

Be careful what you sell and whom you sell it to.  Next thing you know, it gets pointed at you or your chums  (although here, it was not the USA that sold those rockets, it was the pesky North Koreans, financing their regime with furtive deals). 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

the Saudi Aramco IPO.  ...

Just read this too