Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MS

Joe Biden was since 2014 and actually still is krysha for Burisma through Hunter former employment.

(edited)

I was trying to understand the Ukrainian story as it was all over the news, but there was only partisanship blabber so here is my opinion.

10 minutes reading, krysha is explained in paragraph 3. I

1.   Joe Biden was US Vice President since 2009 to 2017. He was personally engaged with Ukrainian politics since 2014 till 2017 & travelled to Kiev. Joe Biden had huge influence over the country. Was responsible for administration of US loans & aid. I watched video where Joe Biden mentions that he was able to fire Ukrainian Attorney General Victor Shokin.

Conclusion: Joe Biden had overwhelming influence over country Ukraine in 2014-2017.

2.      2. Hunter Biden (age 46 in 2016) is a son of Joe Biden. Hunter Biden was hired to the position of Director in Board of Directors in the holding company of Burisma Group, he had no previous experience in oil and gas sector. This holding company is a limited liability company (Board of Directors=Supervisory Board in joint stock company). Directors of the Board are not responsible for the actual operations of the company this is the role of the Management Board. Other Directors at Burisma at the same time were, age in 2016: Alan Apter (60? former investment banker, Aleksander Kwasniewski (62): former Polish politician (former President of Poland), Josef Cofer Black (66): former US politician,  and Karina Zlochevsky (25): daughter of Burisma owner Mykola Zlochevsky (MZ). As per their competences and bio's all the Board of Directors members (apart from the daughter of the owner) were in fact working as lobbyists/contact guys, they did not have experience in oil & gas sector. Their nominal positions are not relevant here, their connections were the only sources of their usefulness to the Company .

So Hunter Biden was hired by Burisma in the role of a lobbyist, among other lobbyists, the fellow Directors.

Conclusion: Hunter Biden, son of Joe Biden worked as a lobbyist, with no industry experience, in Ukrainian Burisma Group in 2014-2019.

3.      3. The most important word for any business that wants to operate in Ukraine (or Russia, or other post-Soviet countries) is KRYSHA. Krysha (literally “roof” in Russian) is a kind of political protection that you need to operate in Ukraine. It is not lobbying, krysha is not for special treatment, not having krysha means you cannot run business at all, the same as you cannot run business without access to electricity. Everybody needs krysha to operate business, Ukrainian and foreign companies, large and small companies, companies from every sector. Of course the type of krysha you need depends on the size of your business. If you run a small Ukrainian company, krysha in the form of local mayor or county council members is ok. Larger, more important or lucrative business you need better krysha. It happens very rarely, but of course if somebody is totally new to Ukraine, he is informed that he needs protection in this dangerous times. People are very nice and supportive, nobody wants you to loose your business just when it only started. But unfortunately you can find careless or greedy people everywhere, people that want to save too much on their krysha or do not want krysha at all ! Bad things start to happen to them. For example such businessmen make errors in tax returns and business is raided and frozen for a month or two, owner thrown to jail because this local mayor represented by tax office just wants to explain that you need a krysha. Many other things can happen: breach of fire protection law, or one of other 100000 internally contradicting Ukrainian laws. And yes, whole Ukrainian judiciary also protects you as part of krysha, everybody helps you. Some very careless people that still do not understand that they need krysha loose all their money, property and sometimes lives.

Joe Biden was MZ and Burisma Group krysha in the years 2014-2019 through employment of his son Hunter Biden.

Joe Biden and Hunter Biden both knew that Joe is Burisma krysha, everybody that ever had anything to do with Ukraine knows about krysha.

Actually Joe Biden is still Burisma krysha at present through materials about Hunter that could be in Burisma possession. Or maybe during 5 years in Ukraine Hunter was a monk boy and he never got drunk or fall in love with Ukrainian girls and his friendly companions have not made any videos to memorize this happy moments ? No problem, I am sure that Hunter broke at least one of many 10000 internally contradicting Ukrainian laws, put a signature not in the right column or whatever.

When Joe Biden will become US President in 2020 Burisma will have the strongest krysha in Ukraine.

4.      4. Burisma Group was founded in 2002 and is still in 2019 owned by Mykola Zlochevsky (MZ). MZ was Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine since July 2010 to April 2012. In his position as a Minister he had powers&governmental responsibility for granting access to and permitting the extraction of Ukrainian natural resources. MZ as Minister granted MZ as the owner of Burisma the rights for the extraction of Ukrainian oil and gas. MZ granted this rights without competition or auction.

(which is perfectly natural because you cannot make auction with yourself).

Later since 2012 to 2014 MZ was VP of Presidential Security&Social Advisory Board of President Yanukovych.

So as you already noticed reading earlier paragraph, MZ/Burisma had a very good krysha till 2014.

But later things got complicated, especially since krysha left the country after 2014 Ukrainian coup.

MZ and his company Burisma desperately needed a new good krysha.

As I mentioned earlier people in Ukraine are helpful, so many different investigations relating to serious corruption cases were started in 2014.

Fortunately MZ organized a very good krysha, Joe Biden VP of United States.

But not only Joe Biden, Burisma also co-operated a lot with prosecution and prosecution gradually started to understand that in fact Burisma had done nothing wrong. So prosecutions were finished one by one without any documentation gathering. You can simply trust Burisma, no proof is needed among friends, friends that understand krysha.

Burisma gradually rebuilt his krysha, and since 2016 it was again the company with a top level krysha in Ukraine. It was such a good business that even President Proshenko companies were co-operating a lot with Burisma.

(Common knowledge in Ukraine, also supported by documents provided by anti-corruption NGOs. Prosecutions were halted/slowed down already in 2014 by members of Poroshenko administration.)

I am sure Hunter has beautiful smile but he himself could not be krysha even for shop with vodka in Ukrainian village.

And Joe Biden and Hunter Biden both knew since the beginning what this story was about, why Hunter was hired. It is good that at least Hunter is no longer employed by Burisma.

If Joe Biden would have retired in 2017 as he was initially going to, there would be no problem, case closed.

That is probably why Joe Biden was so careless.

As an epilogue, I think Burisma will find a good krysha also under current Ukrainian administration.

Edited by Marcin
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Marcin said:

I was trying to understand the Ukrainian story as it was all over the news, but there was only partisanship blabber so here is my opinion

Thank you for your opinion and the breakdown of krysha. But I still don't get what it is. Kind of sounds like a form of insurance to me. A mix of our current insurance and the old Mafia style insurance. Is that anywhere close to correct?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JZBoozell said:

Thank you for your opinion and the breakdown of krysha. But I still don't get what it is. Kind of sounds like a form of insurance to me. A mix of our current insurance and the old Mafia style insurance. Is that anywhere close to correct?

It is similar to Mafia style insurance but it covers whole country and all businesses, all authorities at all levels.

• Like 1