JN

If Iran going to start war in Mideast hope they finish before Qatar World Cup 2022.

Recommended Posts

(edited)

I hope you can appreciate the satire. It exemplifies the dichotomy of the two worlds in the Middle East. 

It shows the riches and wealth of the ruling families and the treatment and human rights violations against the third world laborers imported. 

It shows beautiful cities like Dubai, world class stadiums like Qatar and now even tourist visas for Saudi Arabia whom treat women as second class citizens and has the death penalty for homosexuals. 

FIFA and World Soccer Federation are finally investigating the the 1400 deaths of just the Napoli laborers since Qatar was awarded the 2022 World Cup. Some organizations have estimated as many as 4000 deaths could occur by the time the 2022 World Cup starts.

https://m.dw.com/en/qatar-2022-fifa-admits-violation-of-workers-standards/a-49078052

"The Nepali government granted WDR's request for official data regarding Nepali workers in Qatar, which showed that 1,426 had passed away between 2009 and 2019, while there were 111 deaths alone this year alone"

Napali workers treated like slaves. Won't pay them. Can't call home. Can't go home. Over 1400 deaths at World Cup construction site .

The good citizens of Mideast pray for meaningful reform but nothing.  I won't see in my lifetime.

Edited by Jabbar
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Napalm workers....I somehow doubt this.

Exploiting workers from ‘Third World’ countries is endemic in the Middle East, to single out Qatar is a childish ploy to support your cause/bias.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

3 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Napalm workers....I somehow doubt this.

Exploiting workers from ‘Third World’ countries is endemic in the Middle East, to single out Qatar is a childish ploy to support your cause/bias.

Having being brought up in the Middle East I have seen it all, its a two sided coin, some very bad shit done by the "slaves" - I personally liked the concept of Master and Servant, also its a world wide scenario not problem, some are leaders other need to be led, but one should lead in a reasonable fashion that befits the task in hand. We always treated or "houseboy or girl" as family as most were good people, but some were not and they ended up in the hands of the Emirati local constabulary. 

Whats a NAPALM worker?

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 9/27/2019 at 1:08 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

Napalm workers....I somehow doubt this.

Exploiting workers from ‘Third World’ countries is endemic in the Middle East, to single out Qatar is a childish ploy to support your cause/bias.

I point out Qatar's treatment of the workers at the new stadium and you think it's a childish ploy ? I'm supporting a bias. Really ?

What's my cause/bias ?

Edited by Jabbar
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nepali workers ~ Workers from Nepal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

 

Whats a NAPALM worker?

A highly flammable incendiary worker.

  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Uduak said:

A highly flammable incendiary worker.

Oh its a spelling mistake, typing too fast under duress, I thought it was a millennial buzzword that I had not yet picked up on. Brilliant.

From now on its Napalm for me, its not like the letter I is close to M on my keyboard anyway, love it.....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jabbar said:

What's my cause/bias ?

Try not to take everything personally. This ‘your’ referred to anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jabbar said:

https://m.dw.com/en/qatar-2022-fifa-admits-violation-of-workers-standards/a-49078052

Napali workers treated like slaves. Won't pay them. Can't call home. Can't go home. Over 1400 deaths at World Cup construction site .

The good citizens of Mideast pray for meaningful reform but nothing.  I won't see in my lifetime.

Extraordinary claims of 1400 deaths require extraordinary evidence. 

Dead?  If true would dwarf any paltry Iran Saudi conflict of drones/missiles and be front line news around the world. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These thread titles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Extraordinary claims of 1400 deaths require extraordinary evidence. 

Dead?  If true would dwarf any paltry Iran Saudi conflict of drones/missiles and be front line news around the world. 

The article said

Quote

While a lack of pay was a recurring theme, so too were the deaths of migrant workers. The Nepali government granted WDR's request for official data regarding Nepali workers in Qatar, which showed that 1,426 had passed away between 2009 and 2019, while there were 111 deaths this year alone.

What they're dying from isn't specified. Given some of the hygiene issues I've personally observed with folks from that neck of the woods, I'd suspect disentery. 

Many years ago, at an American company, in America no less, I saw a large group of people from India who had signed what they believed were lucrative contracts with a company in Bombay. They were farmed out as software engineers and the US company was paying their masters $75-100/hr each. On the other hand, they'd signed contracts accepting $5/hr, which might have seemed like a good deal at the time. In Bombay in the early 90's with the exchange, that might have been so. But these guys were literally starving, they were all pooling their resources to share a single apartment with about 10 guys, trying to live on rice and still sending money back home to their families. 

Now do we blame the American company who knew nothing of this, or the disreputable contracting company? When word got out, you guessed it, the US company got blamed. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

The article said

Yes, I read that number in the article he posted to and it has zilch to do with what he posted(World Cup) 

I don't know anyone in Qatar, but know several who are effectively prisoners in UAE and from their tribulations they seem to be about the same.  Any foreigner from a small country is effectively a prisoner.  Domestic workers etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 9/27/2019 at 5:39 AM, James Regan said:

I thought it was a millennial buzzword that I had not yet picked up on.

Why the hate on millennials ?  The 1400 deaths are humorous to u ?

Is this the 50 and 60 somethin's blaming millennials for taking oil engineering jobs.

Lot of hiring in Oman now if anyone considering relocating.  Many Mideast companies plus international firms as BP, Occidental, ENI. 

Edited by Jabbar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 9/27/2019 at 1:08 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

Napalm workers....I somehow doubt this.

Exploiting workers from ‘Third World’ countries is endemic in the Middle East, to single out Qatar is a childish ploy to support your cause/bias.

I am not single out Qatar. It is endemic to Middle East.  Just posted a supporting document the exposes theMiddle East treatment as an example and how this behavior is rewarded by receiving the 2022 World Cup. 

My question is with the whole Arabian Peninsula abusing human rights why does FIFA award World Cup to Qatar ? Countries have to do business for oil and gas.  FIFA has no such need.  There are reports of bribes paid to FIFA Officials. 

British reporters were arrested in May for reporting on the immigrant working conditions and pay 200 pounds / month.

Some human rights organizations estimate could be 4000 by time 2022 World Cup. 

FIFA promised to make reforms and monitor Qatar. 

Frustrating when one realizes the potential of the region. Just not obtainable.

Edited by Jabbar
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Jabbar said:

Why the hate on millennials ?  Is this the 50 and 60 somethin's blaming millennials for taking oil engineering jobs.

 

Haha @Douglas Buckland , @James Regan - you're up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

In my HO the use of Napalm is banned and serves no purpose in football (soccer to brothers from across the pond, real men don't wear pads), The Hut has an agenda and constantly trolls for a subject to take onboard, its a tictac that hasn't worked thus far, to cause an argumentative thread, a typical millennium falcon type manoeuvre. 

Edited by James Regan
Looking up star wars info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Real men don’t wear skirts...😂

Aye they do, real men dinna use panties under their kilts....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

The article said

What they're dying from isn't specified. Given some of the hygiene issues I've personally observed with folks from that neck of the woods, I'd suspect disentery. 

Many years ago, at an American company, in America no less, I saw a large group of people from India who had signed what they believed were lucrative contracts with a company in Bombay. They were farmed out as software engineers and the US company was paying their masters $75-100/hr each. On the other hand, they'd signed contracts accepting $5/hr, which might have seemed like a good deal at the time. In Bombay in the early 90's with the exchange, that might have been so. But these guys were literally starving, they were all pooling their resources to share a single apartment with about 10 guys, trying to live on rice and still sending money back home to their families. 

Now do we blame the American company who knew nothing of this, or the disreputable contracting company? When word got out, you guessed it, the US company got blamed. 

Uncle Tom principal is obviously very much alive and still in action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Aye they do, real men dinna use panties under their kilts....

You set yourself up for that numbnuts!😖

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 9/28/2019 at 4:58 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

You set yourself up for that numbnuts!😖

Buck

Don't blame millennials for out of work geriatric oil engineers.  No disrespect to my elders but this site used to be for those interested in oil investing, not a retirement home for oil industry retirees.  Why not go for a walk at the local mall and make some new friends.

Your attributing millennials to "boil on butt" headline is "childish" potty humor.  Act your age.

The monitor should ban you for that.

 

Edited by Jabbar
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 9/28/2019 at 4:01 AM, James Regan said:

In my HO the use of Napalm is banned and serves no purpose in football (soccer to brothers from across the pond, real men don't wear pads), The Hut has an agenda and constantly trolls for a subject to take onboard, its a tictac that hasn't worked thus far, to cause an argumentative thread, a typical millennium falcon type manoeuvre. 

James

"Hut" , your too funny. Making fun of my ethnic name shows your immaturity and racism

You say ", it's a tictac that hasn't work . . "  Did you mean tactic ? You need to work on your English spelling.  

Edited by Jabbar
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jabbar said:

Bucky

Don't blame millennials for out of work geriatric oil engineers.  No disrespect to my elders but this site used to be for those interested in oil investors not a retirement home for retirees.  Why not go for a walk at the local mall.  

If you want a job in Oman I would be happy to write you a recommendation

 

Just had to do the mature thing and come up with a cute name, didn’t you.

I hope your investing is a little more reasoned than your post.

If 59 is geriatric, you may have a point, if not, then you don’t.

Chances are that you are not qualified to shine my shoes, let alone write a recommendation for someone whose area of expertise you know nothing about.

Likely I was working for PDO in Oman before you hit puberty. Thanks for the offer but I do not need your assistance.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jabbar said:

James

"Hut" , your too funny. Making fun of my ethnic name shows your immaturity and racism

", it's a tictac that hasn't work . . "  You gave bad breadth too .  Where did you learn to spell. 

Yet it doesn’t bother you to make fun of MY ‘ethnic name’. Funny that...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2019 at 10:39 AM, James Regan said:

I thought it was a millennial buzzword

1 hour ago, Jabbar said:

I heard they are hiring at McDonalds

@Jabbar , why are you throwing out the insults? Doug has every right to post whatever titles he wants, and James' use of the words 'millennial buzzword' isn't some dig on an entire generation, it's a reference to how language changes over time, the same way something like 'LOL' was unheard of once.

I find your titles amusing but to say Doug should get a warning or whatever for a thread title, when you have a title that literally suggests ''I hope war is over quick coz football is more important'' is being a little hypocritical. 

Chill.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.