Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Obama Did It Too - What A Shocker - Trump Bad, Obama Good ... *Cough* Snowden

(edited)

After Trump Accused Of Cover-Up, Susan Rice Admits Obama Put Transcripts On Top Secret Server Too

After President Trump was accused of a cover-up for moving details about his July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in a separate, highly secured computer system, former Obama national security adviser Susan Rice admitted that Obama did the same thing

FULL ARTICLE

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/after-trump-accused-cover-susan-rice-admits-obama-put-call-transcripts-top-secret-server

The difference? Rice says that Trump's conversation didn't meet the threshold to justify that level of classification, according to The Federalist

"We never moved them over unless they were legitimately, in the contents classified," Rice said at the Texas Tribune Festival when asked how often the Obama administration engaged in this practice - without explaining the methodology used to determine what qualified. 

Rice's revelation may soften arguments of a cover-up by the Trump administration to "lock down" the conversation. The revelation from Rice comes amid media reports and comments from political leaders that have painted the use of this top secret server as proof that Trump was trying to cover up the contents of his conversation with the Ukrainian leader, a full transcript of which the administration has now released to the public.

While Rice admitted that the Obama administration also used this server to protect sensitive presidential phone calls, she left open the question of whether the Trump administration used the server in this particular case to save the president from damaging, perhaps even impeachable, comments he made to Zelensky regarding investigations into political rival Joe Biden. What's more, The Federalist notes that "reporting from ABC News shows that this practice of securing presidential phone transcripts has been in use in the White House since early 2017, after sensitive conversations with foreign leaders were leaked to the press." 

In an August 12 letter, a CIA 'whistleblower' claimed that President Trump had inappropriately pressured Zelensky to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden, after the elder Biden bragged about forcing Ukraine to fire its lead prosector 'or else' $1 billion in US loan guarantees would be pulled. Moreover, Democrats have also pointed to the Trump administration pausing nearly $400 million in US military aid as a bargaining chip. 

Both Trump and Zelensky have denied that there was any pressure, which was made clear when Trump released a transcript of the call in question. In addition, Zelensky had no clue the $400 million was being withheld until a month after the call,

Edited by Guest

(edited)

2 hours ago, DayTrader said:

After President Trump was accused of a cover-up for moving details about his July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in a separate, highly secured computer system, former Obama national security adviser Susan Rice admitted that Obama did the same thing.

So what?  Just because someone has done it before doesn't make it any less wrong. #FaultyLogic

Obama might have received some free passes for questionable behavior but that was because he acted like a gentleman, not a lunatic.  I also doubt he was trying to get his political opposition in trouble which to me is the real problem.  "Disposing" of political rivals is textbook dictator crap.

Sigh... "Lock her up."

"F* that! Impeach and lock him up!"

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

(edited)

And yet when Obama did it I'm guessing you didn't have him all over the news for over a week and talk of impeachment ..? Weird. I'm guessing it wasn't mentioned once, seeing as this article is considered news. 

That is the point. Obama is a 'gentleman' *cough Snowden* and violated the privacy of the entire USA, but Trump is a lunatic?? Come on man.

Whatever Obama did, he's an angel. OK.  

And he doesn't need to highlight the opposition's wrongdoing. They did that themselves by bringing this up. LOL.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

So what?  Just because someone has done it before doesn't make it any less wrong. #FaultyLogic

Obama might have received some free passes for questionable behavior but that was because he acted like a gentleman, not a lunatic.  I also doubt he was trying to get his political opposition in trouble which to me is the real problem.  "Disposing" of political rivals is textbook dictator crap.

Sigh... "Lock her up."

"F* that! Impeach and lock him up!"

President Trump is a saint compared to Obama. See Part Two of the Obama Administration Scandals https://docs.google.com/document/d/11axnqv_b3L2k9CD6HWNMwrdIECJZSxowxjO4RIc-rbE/edit 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

What Oil Price censorship deleted my post?

Right wing echo chamber

Edited by Enthalpic

1 minute ago, Enthalpic said:

What oil price censorship deleted my post?

Right wing echo chamber

The vast right wing conspiracy. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

The vast right wing conspiracy. 

It would be funny if it weren't true

• Haha 1

LOL which post is gone?

You're thinking of other thread aren't you?

Where we were discussing similar stuff on 2 threads?

That's why I'M laughing.

DayTrader you didn't notice all the deleted posts?

possibly I am drunk

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DayTrader said:

And yet when Obama did it I'm guessing you didn't have him all over the news for over a week and talk of impeachment ..? Weird. I'm guessing it wasn't mentioned once, seeing as this article is considered news. 

That is the point. Obama is a 'gentleman' *cough Snowden* and violated the privacy of the entire USA, but Trump is a lunatic?? Come on man.

Whatever Obama did, he's an angel. OK.  

And he doesn't need to highlight the opposition's wrongdoing. They did that themselves by bringing this up. LOL.

pretty sure I quoted this one

Nah you're drunk, coz I remember thinking it was odd you didn't reply to this one

That said, I can't think what other thread was now haha

Ah think it's 'Joe Biden...' one 

(edited)

2 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Nah you're drunk, coz I remember thinking it was odd you didn't reply to this one

part of the conspiracy haha

Cheers man

Edited by Enthalpic

I still believe that this whole impeachment issue is ill advised from the Dems point of view and wonder why Pelosi allowed it to happen. Like her or hate her, she is a cagey politician.

The Biden’s will take a hit for this regardless what happens. If Trump comes out unscathed from this last obstructionist tactic I think many American voters who may have been sitting on the fence will say ‘enough is enough’.

Bringing Hillary out as a ‘talking head’ on the issue was simply ignorant.

• Upvote 3

Nothing has been deleted in this thread as far as I can tell.

57 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

What Oil Price censorship deleted my post?

Right wing echo chamber

48 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

LOL which post is gone?

You're thinking of other thread aren't you?

Where we were discussing similar stuff on 2 threads?

That's why I'M laughing.

48 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

DayTrader you didn't notice all the deleted posts?

48 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

possibly I am drunk

47 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

pretty sure I quoted this one

45 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Susan Rice is completely full of crap. Why would anyone listen to a word she says?

https://youtu.be/6oOxAyU8QwM

• Upvote 1