Douglas Buckland

Scientists and Climate Change

19 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

Guys, I've changed my mind, there just isn't enough time for arguing anymore.

The is only one thing left to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cUx07mxF8Q

Where is the WTF emoji when you need one?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, El Nikko said:

Guys, I've changed my mind, there just isn't enough time for arguing anymore.

The is only one thing left to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cUx07mxF8Q

It's going to be a tight race for that Nobel Peace Prize this year!

• Haha 4

in all fairness some alt-right group has claimed ownership of the staged baby-eating incident. But the conspiracy theorist in me is prone to believing that someone staged the staged incident.

Wait. I just don't know anymore...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rodent said:

in all fairness some alt-right group has claimed ownership of the staged baby-eating incident. But the conspiracy theorist in me is prone to believing that someone staged the staged incident.

Wait. I just don't know anymore...

It's definitely a troll and a brilliant one at that :)

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 5:56 AM, Enthalpic said:

Weather is not climate.  Extreme weather events increase under climate change.

Even if CO2 is awesome plant food -and climate change is a hoax- we still Know that burning fossil fuels creates other forms of pollution and should be phased out.

Up next: All food not grown in a greenhouse is harmful... after all, they take up heavy/light metals/minerals

As for the joy of climate change I enjoy how our sky's have been in past years painted with perfectly straight lines from horizon to horizon. I miss seeing the sky writing lines from these marvelous winged modes of transportation. I've included a photo of the days gone bye missing the beautiful cotton ball looking straight lines. 

I miss them. I hate change

plane.jpg

4 hours ago, Rodent said:

Where is the WTF emoji when you need one?

Temporary WTF emoji

7cy962du8iq31.thumb.jpg.79b7197625d2efaf932a47eb2f5042f6.jpg

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

An excellent response! You do not have to take a position either way and you still get to maintain your arrogant ‘high ground’. Well done! Obviously a debater and problem solver of the highest order. I applaud your strategy.

More ad hominems from you Mr Buckland, so take time to learn what a category error is and the issue resolves.

2 hours ago, remake it said:

More ad hominems from you Mr Buckland, so take time to learn what a category error is and the issue resolves.

That’s the third time you’ve used the term ‘ad hominems’, did you learn a new phrase yesterday and feel the need to share it with us repeatedly?

The issue would also resolve itself if you would simply let us know your opininion on if there is any link between the El Nino phenomena and climate change or weather?

On second thought, don’t bother. Your opinion has become ‘surplus to requirements’.

And a happy ad hominem to you!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

That’s the third time you’ve used the term ‘ad hominems’, did you learn a new phrase yesterday and feel the need to share it with us repeatedly?

The issue would also resolve itself if you would simply let us know your opininion on if there is any link between the El Nino phenomena and climate change or weather?

On second thought, don’t bother. Your opinion has become ‘surplus to requirements’.

You don't know what a category error is, thus failing to appreciate you have not asked legitimate questions, and respond with personal attacks which do not address what was at issue.

(edited)

32 minutes ago, remake it said:

You don't know what a category error is, thus failing to appreciate you have not asked legitimate questions, and respond with personal attacks which do not address what was at issue.

I know what a category error is, and I get to observe it EVERY SINGLE DAY that the Climate Change "scientists" abuse the science. So you have undoubtedly observed enough AGW aficionados getting their arses handed to them by some variation of what Buckland said. 

Let's delve deeper shall we? The AGW "team" claimed the world was getting warmer based on "evidence" of computer models. Category error number one, models aren't "evidence", not even close. So after getting called out on that, they pointed to "temperature". Unfortunately the world didn't cooperate and the temperature AVERAGE worldwide was NOT INCREASING AT ALL, contrary to what the models said. Now, instead of using "temperature" they use "temperature anomaly numbers", based off an arbitrary value that never existed. One of the excuses for the cooling trend, in complete denial of the model predictions as CO2 kept climbing was, "la nina events". Therefore AGW caught yet again with their pants down, claiming their numbers were off because of a weather leading event. And so it goes. 

By all means continue with your imaginary superiority, it's amusing to watch. Everyone here with legitimate superiority (almost everyone here) is likewise amused. Carry on McDunce

Edited by Ward Smith

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/blogs/enso/how-enso-leads-cascade-global-impacts

22 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Let's delve deeper shall we? The AGW "team" claimed the world was getting warmer based on "evidence" of computer models. Category error number one, models aren't "evidence", not even close. So after getting called out on that, they pointed to "temperature".

Arguments need to be cogent so when you say "warmer based on "evidence" of computer models" you are actually talking about  "representations, " thereby falling into the very fallacy of category error you claim to understand. 

On 10/3/2019 at 8:18 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

Are you saying that the El Nino and El Nina are weather or climate change?

It is actually El Niño & La Niña. 

Weather makers from since man has been able to record weather and atmospheric anomalies. You can google it but what I saw there was mostly left-wing crap! I still remember in the 70's a mini ice-age was about to happen. Soon as humankind project forecasts, they come apart as the weather is ever changing. 

Eat more beef!!!

3 hours ago, remake it said:

Arguments need to be cogent so when you say "warmer based on "evidence" of computer models" you are actually talking about  "representations, " thereby falling into the very fallacy of category error you claim to understand. 

Not my category error, but theirs. But thanks for playing, your amateur pedantry is amusing to watch 

2 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Not my category error, but theirs. But thanks for playing, your amateur pedantry is amusing to watch 

The misrepresentation of "evidence" is entirely yours, so you and Mr Buckland seem an ideal pairing given your propensity to fail to understand statements of your own making.

21 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Perhaps I should have asked:

Is the El Nino/El Nina phenomena a cause, or a result, of ‘climate change’?

Would it help you to understand the category error when we can express your question as an equivalence, thus, "Is the El Nino/El Nina phenomena a cause, or a result, of autumn?"

47 minutes ago, remake it said:

The misrepresentation of "evidence" is entirely yours, so you and Mr Buckland seem an ideal pairing given your propensity to fail to understand statements of your own making.

you'll have to grow a brain to be worth conversing with. I'm not holding my breath. I provided a link, you've done nothing but blah blah blah your keyboard. Maybe you should crawl back in your basement before mommy gets mad

• Haha 1

Just now, Ward Smith said:

you'll have to grow a brain to be worth conversing with. I'm not holding my breath. I provided a link, you've done nothing but blah blah blah your keyboard. Maybe you should crawl back in your basement before mommy gets mad

You need to make an argument which is intelligible, but both you and Mr Buckland cannot do that so instead indulge in a series of logical fallacies.

And you cannot answer a simple question. I think this thread should now be officially closed as it is not going anywhere.

44 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Nope, it doesn’t.

So that explains why you are not able to understand why your earlier questions were meaningless, and even more tellingly explains your desire to close the thread.

25 minutes ago, remake it said:

So that explains why you are not able to understand why your earlier questions were meaningless, and even more tellingly explains your desire to close the thread.

My desire to close the thread is entirely due to your assinine behavior. I could get the same level of intelligent dialogue from frozen yogurt. Suffice it to say that I have better things to do with my time than continue a conversation with an arrogant prick.

Is that clear enough for you or is that another categorical error?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

My desire to close the thread is entirely due to your assinine behavior. I could get the same level of intelligent dialogue from frozen yogurt. Suffice it to say that I have better things to do with my time than continue a conversation with an arrogant prick.

Is that clear enough for you or is that another categorical error?

It seems more that you do not understand what you are talking about, and have repeatedly made your responses personal because you are not able to present a valid response, and now wish to hide this from readers.

I'm locking this thread for a while because: 

1. it is not going anywhere

2. discussion has nothing to do with this thread

3. too many insults between certain members 

"We believe debate and disagreement are constructive, but personal attacks, trolling, and abuse will not be tolerated." This is just one rule of this forum. The rest you can read in our Community Guidelines. 

• Upvote 1