cv

O&G in CO Suffering : New Colorado Oil & Gas Law Already Impacting Industry

... so they want to lose 6.5% of their states employment (employment that on average is 80% higher than their median state income?) - not to mention the support jobs.

That and the resource severance, mineral extraction, local property tax, and income tax. Any idea how much this impact is to the state?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Otis11 said:

... so they want to lose 6.5% of their states employment (employment that on average is 80% higher than their median state income?) - not to mention the support jobs.

That and the resource severance, mineral extraction, local property tax, and income tax. Any idea how much this impact is to the state?

https://www.chalkbeat.org/posts/co/2018/10/27/what-proposition-112-the-controversial-bid-to-rein-in-colorado-oil-and-gas-drilling-would-mean-for-schools/

https://www.commonsensepolicyroundtable.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Economic-Impact-of-OG-Ballot-Initiatives-090814.pdf

https://www.coga.org/

• Like 2

Ignorant voters IMHO. They will hopefully learn from the end results.

As we tell our children, every decision has consequences. I doubt the liberal majority along the front range actually considered the consequences of this decision.

Does it seem like Colorado is now going down the toilet in the exact same manner as California did? This is what happens when you legalize dope and get a huge influx of liberals into the urban areas.

Thank goodness for the Electoral College, now if we could adopt a similar system within the states at the county level...

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

13 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Ignorant voters IMHO. They will hopefully learn from the end results.

The sad part is that the voters in CO rejected Prop 112 in 2018 elections and rejected the imposition of these unfair rules and regulations, once, Polis got elected as the new Democrat Gov., he trampled upon the voters . He didnt care if the voters rejected all the BS in the election, he ran with the liberal agenda and passed this bill.

I still havent seen anyone flying on magic carpets in the I-25 corridor along the front range or even in Boulder or Vail and Aspen for that matter.

Edited by ceo_energemsier
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, ceo_energemsier said:

PDF analysis is a bit simplistic...  overlooks the building effect year to year of that cash coming to the communities (you can easily tell by seeing that the 25% reduction is exactly half the 50% reduction case)

But even so, that's 1.1billion of a 28B budget. So a bit less than 4%. (Before drilling picked up)

Not going to end them, but definately a hit. Bigger issue is the jobs. Shockingly. (NM is the opposite- jobs are good, but the government payments are the breadwinner)

• Like 2

Downtown Denver has become a schitthole, with various aromas emanating from each street corner, pick you poison, human feces, urine, MJ smoke, and BO and everything else you could imagine, the infection has spread south to COS and elsewhere.

You can see panhandlers at just about every street corner and store front downtown COS and Denver and other cities and at major on/off interstate ramps .

Homeless campfires getting out of control is a norm and the parks, creeks and nature preserves have become a homeless camp.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

As we tell our children, every decision has consequences. I doubt the liberal majority along the front range actually considered the consequences of this decision.

Does it seem like Colorado is now going down the toilet in the exact same manner as California did? This is what happens when you legalize dope and get a huge influx of liberals into the urban areas.

Thank goodness for the Electoral College, now if we could adopt a similar system within the states at the county level...

Californians began fleeing CA and went to CO. I know a bunch (lived in both locations previously).

Left California because of all the problems... things just got out of hand! (Yet they started voting for the same policies in CO... never learn...)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have a sister and a deceased brother in law, that made a small fortune in Denver by refurbishing a couple of old apartment houses. Unfortunately my sister is a liberal Democrat and led the charge back in the day. She was a Californian, now in Portland. The trend of liberal Californians moving into and turning states purple then blue is pretty distressing. People need to wake up before it is too late. It really is an urban versus rural fight to a large degree. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ceo_energemsier said:

You can see panhandlers at just about every street corner and store front downtown COS and Denver and other cities and at major on/off interstate ramps .

Was in COS last week and you are correct. 6 to 8 panhandlers on 2nd major ramp northbound. All were young white folks which I found bit strange. None looked at me, was on the Harley could be reason. I don't understand if there is that much work available?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Was in COS last week and you are correct. 6 to 8 panhandlers on 2nd major ramp northbound. All were young white folks which I found bit strange. None looked at me, was on the Harley could be reason. I don't understand if there is that much work available?

They make a lot of $$$ panhandling and then go buy MJ and alcohol and other drugs and also deal in drugs

There was a city law passed banning pan handling in medians etc but ACLU said these folks have a right to earn a living or something to that effect. Another beautiful city turning into schitt, car break ins in the parking lots of tourist attractions and so on. They break/sneak into hotels and rob and assault guests. When I am in town I try avoid going to downtown like the plague, which used to be a very good experience not too long ago. Now you can also see people parked in grocery store and mall parking lots and neighborhood streets in their "campers" and living and carrying on as if they own the street or the parking lot or even people's driveways.

And 9 times out of 10 they have a drug addiction problem(let the list go on, but they are there because of the legal access to MJ) and wont be arrested for possession.

• Like 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

34 minutes ago, ceo_energemsier said:

They make a lot of $$$ panhandling and then go buy MJ and alcohol and other drugs and also deal in drugs

There was a city law passed banning pan handling in medians etc but ACLU said these folks have a right to earn a living or something to that effect. Another beautiful city turning into schitt, car break ins in the parking lots of tourist attractions and so on. They break/sneak into hotels and rob and assault guests. When I am in town I try avoid going to downtown like the plague, which used to be a very good experience not too long ago. Now you can also see people parked in grocery store and mall parking lots and neighborhood streets in their "campers" and living and carrying on as if they own the street or the parking lot or even people's driveways.

And 9 times out of 10 they have a drug addiction problem(let the list go on, but they are there because of the legal access to MJ) and wont be arrested for possession.

https://www.kktv.com/content/news/First-tickets-issued-under-Colorado-Springs-newly-expanded-RV-street-parking-ban-511347032.html

By the way dont get fooled by the pic of type and condition of the  motor home in that news article, the ones squatting in the City dont look like that. But even if they did, no place for them to be living there.

I have seen many a "campers" parked in  the parking lot of the malls, strip malls, grocery stores , hotel parking lots and just lining up streets around parks and residential areas , and you drive by or walk by , all you can smell is "skunk" LOL

I saw a sign on one, that said "Any $ help" came to CO for weed went broke

https://gazette.com/news/rv-owners-must-move-or-face-tickets-as-colorado-springs/article_e55d99a4-8257-11e9-88a9-e7d33261e563.html

https://www.krdo.com/news/top-stories/colorado-springs-city-council-approves-rv-parking-ban/1063280498

• Upvote 1

(edited)

13 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Years ago I stopped and took a picture (real film) of a billboard someone had put up that said, "Don't Californicate Colorado". Someone came up to me while I was taking the picture, and he said, "It's already too late". The inevitable decline of a once great state as Millions of Californians abandon the sh-thole they've created and spread their stupidity elsewhere. You might have guessed I'm no fan of California. 

Edited by Ward Smith
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Years ago I stopped and took a picture (real film) of a billboard someone had put up that said, "Don't Californicate Colorado". Someone came up to my while I was taking the picture, and he said, "It's already too late". The inevitable decline of a once great state as Millions of Californians abandon the sh-thole they've created and spread their stupidity elsewhere. You might have guessed I'm no fan of California. 

Please don't miss the natural beauty of California because two thirds of Californians are Demoncrats. Stay away from the crowded big urban areas. The Northern third of California, the gold country, and the entire eastern slope of the sierra are conservative and have low population density. If you like desert, that is too. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 10:39 AM, ronwagn said:

Please don't miss the natural beauty of California

It is a fabulously beautiful state. We'll maybe not LA or Silicon Valley, but overall, great place to visit. 

There is a wonderful sign in Death Valley. Essentially says there is never a shortage of water. Just places that shouldn't have so many people.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/1/2019 at 4:39 PM, ronwagn said:

Please don't miss the natural beauty of California

I got my private pilots licence in Atwater/Merced CA many many moons ago, we sometimes flew into the mountains around the Yosemite National Park, it was an amazing and very memorable experience.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1