Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VK

SpaceX Successfully Launched the World's Most Powerful Rocket

Not only SpaceX succeeded in launching Falcon Heavy but also managed to guide two of the rocket's first stage rocket boosters to land upright back  to Earth. Musk has done it once again. 

I must admit this is really a historical success. It is officially the most powerful rocket since the Saturn V. 

This rocket is capable to lift 140,000 pounds of cargo into low Earth orbit, just as same as the Saturn V did it before while sending humans to the moon. Maybe other planets are not so far away from us any more. 

Well they had a tiny problem with the third booster. It crashed instead of landing on a drone ship.  

Yeah, but in this case that is really irrelevant. You can't deny this Musk's triumph. Just now the Tesla's Roadster is floating around the sun with rhythm of the Bowie's "Space Oddity". 

This is inspiring. I am reminded of a quote by Ayn Rand: "The sight of an achievement was the greatest gift a human being could offer to others."

Just amazing how spaceflight is moving forward

SpaceX is years ahead of NASA. Congratulations to Elon Musk and the real dreamers at SpaceX !

I wish he would give me one "Just for fun" :D

Great, Musk just spend another $500 million  to get a car into space. Meanwhile, actual costumers are still waiting for their long time ordered cars.

You may think this is a wasted money but I think this is just another brilliant Musk's move. I love the title printed on the circuit board of a car "Made on Earth by Humans" just in case someone/something somewhere in space finds this car. 

I think there's something else that's going to jump to the space. Tesla's stocks.

I'm going to bet there will never be another electric car made with the range per charge ratio of that Roadster...

• Upvote 2

Why did a car need to go to space again? I mean...what is it proving or disproving? Or is this just something fun to get people interested in space exploration?  And, of course, good marketing with a lot of money

Hopefully we become better humans by the time we get to Mars. One day...

Elon Musk -  “We [SpaceX] started off with just a few people who really didn't know how to make rockets. And the reason that I ended up being the chief engineer or chief designer, was not because I wanted to, it's because I couldn't hire anyone. Nobody good would join.”

Just shows what a positive attitude can do mixed with a little resilience and determination. How many people want to work for SpaceX now?

NASA has officially listed Musk's Tesla roadster as a celestial object