(edited)

9 hours ago, PE Scott said:

I'm honestly curious, do you have a reference to a history text written and endorsed by the Chinese and yourself....especially one translated to English? I'd really like to know what I'm missing out on.

Sorry, I do not bite at bait. If you are honestly curious, I suggest you consider conducting your own, independent research.  You can start by web searching, "the truth about tiananmen sgt report".  This is not my source, but will give you a perspective.  For the record, my sources are the people who lived through the protest: their testimony and their newspaper clippings, all in Chinese of course. 

You may uncover many many articles and videos. Here is a link to an article by a BBC journalist who covered the event. Please note he admits, years later, he deliberately misrepresented a key fact; no massacre occurred on the square. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8057762.stm

The violence occurred in the streets leading to the square. Exactly what occurred, nobody knows exactly. My sources, who were there, tell me some molotovs were tossed, and students lit up some major fireworks bangers. [these sound exactly like gunfire].  Apparently, the students were ordered to depart or face an onslaught. They refused and the rest is history. 

I am not denying the protests or deaths. It is a terrible and tragic stain upon China. What I am saying is the western media reports are not accurate, and they certainly do not narrate the true causes.

another link:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/trade-war-traced-back-failed-tiananmen-square-color-revolution/5679624

I believe the citizens and government of China have learned greatly from this terrible tragedy. 

Edited by frankfurter

"I believe the citizens and government of China have learned greatly from this terrible tragedy."

I very much doubt it, and strongly believe if the same happened today the same bloody outcome would also happen.

You are one seriously brainwashed dude!

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Couldn't have put it better myself. I should have just put that last line instead of wasting almost a day with this brainwashed agenda and nonsense.

Glad to help pal!

• Like 1

(edited)

11 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

"I believe the citizens and government of China have learned greatly from this terrible tragedy."

I very much doubt it, and strongly believe if the same happened today the same bloody outcome would also happen.

You are one seriously brainwashed dude!

A pity to read you resort to insults.  Is this the best you can do?  Do you know any citizens or party members in China to base your beliefs?  Can you explain why China has sent NO troops into Hong Kong?  Who is the brainwashed party? 

Edited by frankfurter

2 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Glad to help pal!

Ah, I see the team forming.  so good to have free speech to reveal this. 

5 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Couldn't have put it better myself. I should have just put that last line instead of wasting almost a day with this brainwashed agenda and nonsense.

So you still ignore the admission of "error" by the journalist?  Bro, you need help.  

frankfurter

Please read all of the plethora of comments that have been made and in many cases substantiated by numerous different posters on this thread and then read your replies.

The problem is you just CANNOT get it can you? and that is why I believe you are brainwashed, its not an insult, its a shame your mind is so closed to the truth.

And yes I've been to China many times and the people are (in the most part) fantastic. However all of the ones I have spoken to agree there arent the freedoms of expression that we in the West enjoy. so hopefully that fits your theory of you need to be there on the ground and experience it first hand argument.

Also the corruption to gain favour even in local government is widespread and a constant source of frustration to the average factory owner/worker.

I wont be replying to any of your further posts (which no doubt will come) as I wont fall into the trap DT has.

Cheers and enjoy your life

• Great Response! 2

(edited)

Oh it's a trap and a half buddy, the ''troll quicksand'' can be hard to get out of.

The ''Ignore User'' feature is fantastic. I stil have to see the odd bit of nonsense though when he is quoted. Alas. 

P.S @Rob Plant , check out my Orwell thread. Worrying stuff. It will be defended no doubt. 

Love Led Zep by the way x 

Edited by Guest

Yeah will do thanks

Now that guy was the modern day Nostradamus in my opinion or he owned a time machine

• Like 1

Just now, Rob Plant said:

Now that guy was the modern day Nostradamus

Haha well that's my point in the thread, that he was 35 years out.

Enjoy. 

12 hours ago, Selva said:

I think @ronwagn regrets for starting this thread. 

Why? Freedom is a vital human right. Do you disagree? Not worth your support?

• Like 1

@ronwagn  look at the whole thread. You'll enjoy it trust me :)  Selva doesn't mean what you think she does.

By the way ...

image.png.2fad2ee35dadb24b24a3b9d6376bc6e0.png

On 10/9/2019 at 9:03 AM, DayTrader said:

Like this constant shit I'm seeing about the NBA ... how DARE people in the West have opinions about us?!!

#1984   What the hell is going on ??!!

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/nba-fan-booted-over-hong-kong-support-chinese-money-trumps-free-speech

I wonder how many classrooms will be discussing this issue in current events, or reading it in their Weekly Reader? None of that probably exists anymore. 

It's just depressing honestly. China moaning about absolutely anything said and people on here saying ''so when have China tried pushing their agenda on the West?'' Unbelievable ignorance of their own culture apparently. 

'' What's that??  A basketball coach had an opinion about us??  Well we'll see about that!!  Withdraw all business with these people!! We will not tolerate these Winston Smiths of the world!!  Big Brother Rules!!!  Now back to the sweatshops!!! ''

3 hours ago, frankfurter said:

Sorry, I do not bite at bait. If you are honestly curious, I suggest you consider conducting your own, independent research.  You can start by web searching, "the truth about tiananmen sgt report".  This is not my source, but will give you a perspective.  For the record, my sources are the people who lived through the protest: their testimony and their newspaper clippings, all in Chinese of course. 

You may uncover many many articles and videos. Here is a link to an article by a BBC journalist who covered the event. Please note he admits, years later, he deliberately misrepresented a key fact; no massacre occurred on the square. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8057762.stm

The violence occurred in the streets leading to the square. Exactly what occurred, nobody knows exactly. My sources, who were there, tell me some molotovs were tossed, and students lit up some major fireworks bangers. [these sound exactly like gunfire].  Apparently, the students were ordered to depart or face an onslaught. They refused and the rest is history. 

I am not denying the protests or deaths. It is a terrible and tragic stain upon China. What I am saying is the western media reports are not accurate, and they certainly do not narrate the true causes.

another link:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/trade-war-traced-back-failed-tiananmen-square-color-revolution/5679624

I believe the citizens and government of China have learned greatly from this terrible tragedy. 

The horrors in China have only gotten worse. China Stories https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wb2YoQGpSWTz32ljsiA_ey6FLVqc2Dpe7Fnpiqn9lBs/edit

• Great Response! 1

1 hour ago, frankfurter said:

A pity to read you resort to insults.  Is this the best you can do?  Do you know any citizens or party members in China to base your beliefs?  Can you explain why China has sent NO troops into Hong Kong?  Who is the brainwashed party? 

China realizes that it is a subject of worldwide interest, just as America is. It wants to increase its worldwide power so it needs to be a nation that is respectable and believable. Everyone sees what they are doing with Hong Kong, Muslims, Taiwan, The Nine Dash Line, The Belt and Road initiative etc. They are all concerned about how it will affect the world.. 

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

Oh it's a trap and a half buddy, the ''troll quicksand'' can be hard to get out of.

The ''Ignore User'' feature is fantastic. I stil have to see the odd bit of nonsense though when he is quoted. Alas. 

P.S @Rob Plant , check out my Orwell thread. Worrying stuff. It will be defended no doubt. 

Love Led Zep by the way x 

I have a lot on Orwellian themes in my Privacy, Big Brother, and Spying Topic. It is still the most forceful meme on the issue. I seem to remember something about a head cage with a rat in it. https://docs.google.com/document/d/180xMs2bPaqtbPGo0HHRzhOhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/180xMs2bPaqtbPGo0HHRzhO1U6lsED1XEvO9R_tX3BqE/edit1U6lsED1XEvO9R_tX3BqE/edit

Edited by ronwagn
reference

hahah yep the rat scene is incredible

image.png.d18849982717513cd9176c8ed7cbb221.png

I like the new superhero version too ... 

image.png.cdb734d19907c06d016b3b0d3308b078.png

5 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

frankfurter

Please read all of the plethora of comments that have been made and in many cases substantiated by numerous different posters on this thread and then read your replies.

The problem is you just CANNOT get it can you? and that is why I believe you are brainwashed, its not an insult, its a shame your mind is so closed to the truth.

And yes I've been to China many times and the people are (in the most part) fantastic. However all of the ones I have spoken to agree there arent the freedoms of expression that we in the West enjoy. so hopefully that fits your theory of you need to be there on the ground and experience it first hand argument.

Also the corruption to gain favour even in local government is widespread and a constant source of frustration to the average factory owner/worker.

I wont be replying to any of your further posts (which no doubt will come) as I wont fall into the trap DT has.

Cheers and enjoy your life

The Chinese I know and talk to (Both outside of China and back inside) also voice a similar view - shockingly, they all support Hong Kong. (I found this honestly quite surprising given their backgrounds and current lives, but none-the-less true. Every one.)