(edited)

The first thing I observed has been the laser lights pointing at the police. If it were in the US, they would be arrested right away. Last Christmas, I bought two laser lighting sets. I had to be very careful to make sure they were not pointing to the sky (as they will interfere with pilots up in the sky).

They are destroying public properties which the Hong Kong citizen paid for them. 

Try to hurt a police in the US to see what would happen. 

My point: You can have all the FREEDOM AS LONG AS YOU DON'T INTERFERE WITH OTHER PEOPLE'S FREEDOM.

Edited by Explorer One
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Whilst I don't condone using lasers this is why they were using them

"Green laser-pointers are a must-have, shone at police cameras to prevent protesters’ faces from being captured - any who are identified risk a 10-year prison sentence for rioting"

Can't really blame them for using them in a demonstration if they prevent a 10 year prison sentence. It is the Chinese state that calls them rioters, the vast majority have been peaceful, they don't deserve a 10 year prison sentence for that!

Edited by Rob Plant

How about destroying public properties and hospital. You know even in the war, you don't touch the hospital.

I agree that many of them have been peaceful, but they need the police to to protect the public. In the US, I would classify some of the "rioters" as "terrorists" if they were in the US. 

As for using laser pointers, the law is the law. You don't have any excuse to use them if they could hurt your eyes. What if you were a police and you'd be exposing to the laser pointers all night long while you are on duty.

• Upvote 1

Dear colleagues, I know that China is now a strategic rival to hegemony over the world, but American help for Hong Kong in the style of visits by senators and US administration statements are only exacerbating the situation.

In the long run in a situation of the trade war and geopolitical conflict for global domination China cannot afford a weak spot in the form of Honkong.

Currently, there is a tactic to wait and fatigue the protesters, which are very easy target for cinese media to present them as the Fifth Column working for the USA. At some point, however, China will lose patience and treat demonstrators like Yellow Vests in France or even make a new Tienanmen Square.

Besides, I don't know if the protesters are really so stupid that they don't know how it looks from the perspective of an ordinary Chinese, demonstrating by the protesters in Hong Kong with flags and appeals to the president of a hostile power.

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

On 10/26/2019 at 12:51 AM, Tomasz said:

demonstrating by the protesters in Hong Kong with flags and appeals to the president of a hostile power.

There it is.

Sneaked it in at the end.

Edited by Guest

Hong Kong situation is complicated.  I think the best way is to let local people to figure our the solution by themselves. They have enough knowledge, understand both eastern and western value and means.  Hong Kong is still a very free and lawful society.  Nobody was killed or jailed for long so far, the protest leaders can still travel around the world, making speeches freely..  I'm optimistic.  

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

I think I must be seeing different photos, footage and articles to everyone else? 

''Let them sort it themselves'' - how's that working out, with their ''understanding of western values''?

Nobody was killed so far. Oh well done. Apart from the suicides over it I guess. This is how much people detest the mainland government.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Yep, the protest leaders are really free. Democracy in action here. Very ''free and lawful'' yep ... 

Hong Kong disqualifies democracy activist Joshua Wong from district elections

HONG KONG (Reuters) - Hong Kong’s government disqualified prominent pro-democracy activist Joshua Wong from upcoming district elections on Tuesday, a move likely to sow further discord in a city hit by five months of anti-government unrest.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-hongkong-protests/hong-kong-disqualifies-democracy-activist-joshua-wong-from-district-elections-idUKKBN1X8050

Wake up bro. 

Edited by Guest

Beijing Bars Student Activist Leader Joshua Wong From District Council Race Profile picture for user Tyler Durden

by Tyler Durden Tue, 10/29/2019 - 06:30  In the latest Beijing-backed crackdown on the Hong Kong pro-democracy movement and its leaders, many of whom have increasingly faced arrest and rumors about lengthy prison terms, Joshua Wong, the student activist who emerged as a leader with international profile back in 2014, has been barred from running for Hong Kong's District Council.

OH .... 
ONE COUNTRY TWO SYSTEMS ??  HMM ...