Followers 0

Judge Orders Trump To Release Tax Returns

I feel I need to steal @DayTraders line

err... but Dems

err... but Hillary

err... but "some O'bama nick-name"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

@ronwagn @Otis11 @Bob D why did you guys downvote? Do you not think judges are qualified to interpret the law??? 

Just a suggestion ... perhaps it might be better to offer a rebuttal to something rather than downvoting it.

17 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

equally impeachment enquiries are a rigth of the house. So, complaints of this should never arise.

And if the surpreme court end up ruling the Donald needs to release his taxes I expect you are first one in line to demand that law be respected, right??  

You seem to be missing or avoiding the point. It was never required that Trump release his tax filing, the Dems fixated on this as another one of their obstructionist tactics. It is now being brought into the impeachment arena - although it was NEVER a requirement of the office!

If the Supreme Court rules that Trump must do it, then he must. But how did we even get to this point! Yes, Trump said he would release his taxes after they were audited.....but again, this is his decision, it is not the law. The idea of this going to the Supreme Court is ludicrous. This is the point I am trying to make.

Impeachment enquiries are the right of the House, correct. But you do realize that the Democrat controlled House changed the rules of impeachment AFTER Trump was elected. This ensured that the Republicans in the house had no input into the preceedings. Don’t you find that a little odd?

The whole impeachment thing is a waste of time as the Senate will not impeach Trump, it is just a ploy that the Democrats are using running into an election year. If you look at the record for the past 3+ years, The Democrat controlled House has not done a damn thing except obstruct Trump at every turn. Whether you are a fan of Trump or not, this should piss off any American citizen. These people were elected to present, debate and pass/fail legislation that would benefit ALL Americans, but sadly, they have chosen to act like adolescents for 3 years and essentially wasted taxpayer money during this time.

• Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1

This is exactly what I've tried to get across, admittedly badly, and just had replies of ''well what are Dems meant to do?'', and ''you don't understand US politics''. I can tell BS and desperation however, so, swings and roundabouts ... 

The House needs to be very careful as to how they handle this request for tax filings. I can see where the people just get fed up and require 5 years of tax returns to be submitted by every Congressman and every Senator when they run for office or re-election. Would serve them right and may help to drain the swamp on both sides of the aisle.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 2

5 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

The House needs to be very careful as to how they handle this request for tax filings. I can see where the people just get fed up and require 5 years of tax returns to be submitted by every Congressman and every Senator when they run for office or re-election. Would serve them right and may help to drain the swamp on both sides of the aisle.

So really this would be a good thing.... 

Does anyone think this might have been trumps plan all along ???? 

2 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

So really this would be a good thing.... 

Does anyone think this might have been trumps plan all along ???? 

I thought you were of the opinion that Trump NEVER had a plan and simply reacted to everything...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I thought you were of the opinion that Trump NEVER had a plan and simply reacted to everything...

I was being sarcastic. 

29 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I feel I need to steal @DayTraders line

err... but Dems

err... but Hillary

err... but "some O'bama nick-name"

Don't say it like it's a bad thing.

I cannot help my comedic and logical genius. 

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

You seem to be missing or avoiding the point. It was never required that Trump release his tax filing, the Dems fixated on this as another one of their obstructionist tactics. It is now being brought into the impeachment arena - although it was NEVER a requirement of the office!

If the Supreme Court rules that Trump must do it, then he must. But how did we even get to this point! Yes, Trump said he would release his taxes after they were audited.....but again, this is his decision, it is not the law. The idea of this going to the Supreme Court is ludicrous. This is the point I am trying to make.

Impeachment enquiries are the right of the House, correct. But you do realize that the Democrat controlled House changed the rules of impeachment AFTER Trump was elected. This ensured that the Republicans in the house had no input into the preceedings. Don’t you find that a little odd?

The whole impeachment thing is a waste of time as the Senate will not impeach Trump, it is just a ploy that the Democrats are using running into an election year. If you look at the record for the past 3+ years, The Democrat controlled House has not done a damn thing except obstruct Trump at every turn. Whether you are a fan of Trump or not, this should piss off any American citizen. These people were elected to present, debate and pass/fail legislation that would benefit ALL Americans, but sadly, they have chosen to act like adolescents for 3 years and essentially wasted taxpayer money during this time.

Unlike BS promises like walls this would be easy to do... like a simple e-mail.

He is hiding something, perhaps nothing illegal, but nobody wants to vote for a rich boy who pays no taxes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

I cannot help my comedic and logical genius. 

Because it is plagiarized...as Always. Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V

(edited)

Seriously, you need a hobby. Like a broken record, and a boring record in the first place. All you do is go on about Trump and make little sarcastic comments like a child. It's quite pathetic. Do you think you are amusing? You know he was ELECTED yes? In a country you don't even live in? 

Don't be bitter, I understand that your country has offered nothing of value to the world in its entire history but hey, get over it?

Let me think ... err ... maple syrup?

Brilliant. No wonder you are from there. Sums you up. Boring, bitter and cold. 

USMCA ... Do the math. No one cares. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

No one cares. 

Cheers. 

Correct 🍺

13 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Seriously, you need a hobby. Like a broken record, and a boring record in the first place. All you do is go on about Trump and make little sarcastic comments like a child. It's quite pathetic. Do you think you are amusing? You know he was ELECTED yes? In a country you don't even live in? 

Don't be bitter, I understand that your country has offered nothing of value to the world in its entire history but hey, get over it?

Let me think ... err ... maple syrup?

Brilliant. No wonder you are from there. Sums you up. Boring, bitter and cold. 

USMCA ... Do the math. No one cares. 

Cheers. 

Barely elected, possibly fraudulently.

In a country you don't live in either (but wish you did).

LOL Canada is bigger and on top - like your lover if you ever get any.

• Downvote 2

(edited)

image.png.07fea8ce8eaf592b8e269e7ecb789405.png

No wonder you have to go on about other countries. 

HAHAHAHA just googled Canadian achievements and 2 of the 12, yes TWELVE, were the egg carton and peanut butter.

I rest my case.

Cheers.

Err ... but syrup.

Edited by Guest

C'mon guys dont get personal, you're both smart people, you just have very different opinions, its cool!

If we all had the same view on things we'd have nothing to argue about!🤣

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

HAHAHAHA just googled Canadian achievements and 2 of the 12, yes TWELVE, were the egg carton and peanut butter.

I rest my case.

You just Googled Canadian achievements to try to make a mockery; I rest my case.

Insulin, basketball... shit yanks literally live and die for. 

(edited)

Just bored of it Rob. Had months of this crap. Yawnfest.

Goes on about copypastes that he reads and comments on for weeks LOL ??

#hobby #eggcarton

Edited by Guest

Go for a drive in that nice Mini of yours and play Pulp at max volume, you'll feel better afterwards🤣

Pulp?? Pff, never

Maybe you and Page and co, loud

On 10/7/2019 at 6:04 PM, Enthalpic said:

You support someone hiding from law. This is a Judge, not some lunatic.

trump will probably start firing investigators and replace them with corrupt yes-men.

This was downvoted because he's putting words in Tom's mouth. Tom is not advocating protecting someone 'hiding from law'. The Democrats are on a witch hunt. Steele dossier before election, Russian Collusion after, taxes, Gorsuch nomination, Mueller Report, Ukraine, CIA's efforts to overthrow Trump with the 'contingency plan' (Forgot the guy's name... had an affair with other CIA lady) - etc, etc. It goes on and on. 

On 10/7/2019 at 6:09 PM, Enthalpic said:

Judges are a better determinator of that than you or I - you know with all that training and years of experience.

I'm going to assume you're simply not aware here and give you the benefit of the doubt.

In the US for the past decade (more?), the democratic party has had a well known effort to hand select judges to hear cases that they can get them to rule favorably - and 100% INCORRECTLY - on. These cases are often overturned on appeal because the ruling is utter garbage. (If it gets appealed in the 9th circuit, it could go either way, because the 9th circuit is also filled with trash judges.)

The role of a Judge is to interpret the law, but that is no longer the case. Activist judges appoint themselves the 'moral compass' of the nation and 'legislate from the bench', as they call it. This has led to the American Public (at least the informed part) to lose confidence in the Judicial Branch. So much so that I would argue that, I am in fact, a better determinator of the constitution and the law than many of our judges (As are a number of members here. Jan for example. I disagree with the guy regularly, but I'm absolutely sure he could do a better job than most of our Judges). 

All of this combined to say, that while no one said the Judge was a lunatic - your statement that 'This is a Judge, not some lunatic' doesn't actually hold any water. I have little to no respect for the office of Judge in the US. (We do have some great judges, but the office itself no longer holds any prestige in my opinion)

3 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

@ronwagn @Otis11 @Bob D why did you guys downvote? Do you not think judges are qualified to interpret the law??? 

This is, in fact, yet another witch hunt meant to obstruct a duly elected president and - in their ideal case - search for something that will allow them to overthrow him (coup d'etat). 

(For reference, I am an Independent. I've always considered myself and Independent and I plan to maintain that status. I disagree with both parties vehemently - to the point that I've actually considered running for political office because I do believe I could do a better job than many of them, and have actually been asked to run for office by some in the political sphere - tellingly people from both sides of the aisle requesting I run as a Dem/Rep - yes, I really am that Independent. The current political environment is absolutely absurd though. That said, i have no interest in subjugating my family to this level of abuse.)

• Great Response! 2

3 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Just a suggestion ... perhaps it might be better to offer a rebuttal to something rather than downvoting it.

While I normally agree with you Tom, when things have been addressed multiple times in multiple threads, it gets tedious to keep making detailed rebuttals that are never really responded to, particularly when the response is putting words in someone's mouth, or written to shut down discussion ('Judges are a better determinator of that than you or I - you know, with all that training and years of experience' is both a personal attack/put down and meant to end the conversation. If neither of us are qualified to have this discussion, what's the point of talking?)

I agree, and try to be diligent about not downvoting things lightly. No matter how wrong/ill informed a persons opinion is, I'm not going to down vote it based on that alone - that's worth a discussion to educate. If it crosses over into deliberate ignorance and personal attacks, however, that adds no value.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Otis11 said:

In the US for the past decade (more?), the democratic party has had a well known effort to hand select judges to hear cases that they can get them to rule favorably - and 100% INCORRECTLY - on. These cases are often overturned on appeal because the ruling is utter garbage. (If it gets appealed in the 9th circuit, it could go either way, because the 9th circuit is also filled with trash judges.)

Well I'm glad you perceive yourself as better than all those crappy Dem judges....

FYI good judges actually follow the letter of the law, not political or personal views.  Other than top courts judges are not picked by politicians, and even then their terms outlast elections.

8 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

How long time does it take to audit taxes? Surely not years. 

An IRS audit can indeed take years and years

8 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Imagine if it took him as long to do business filings? I find it hard to believe that a seasoned business man cannot find an accountant that can do a quick audit. 

Clearly you didn't comprehend that "auditing" a tax return is ALWAYS done by the IRS and no one else. If you're not American this might not make as much sense.