Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Climate Week / + ''Capitalism Doesn't Threaten Humanity''

19 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Why don’t you pull your head out of your butt and try to make logical connections based on the information provided and common sense instead of expecting other people to force feed you information?

I am not sure that it is a reasonable expectation for you to ‘connect the dots’ with the information and data provided so far as you apparently discard any information which does not fit your narrative or pre-conceived scenario.

Okay, enough said. I am done with this troll.

It's logical to offer more than your idea that 250 years is "overnight" given human factors are discussed at generational scales and not geological time, and you still refuse to discuss causation, unless you truly believe the triviality of increasing population is the root cause of all apparent evils.

3 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Does anybody else feel like they are listening to a broken record?

Yep.  A certain person (not you, Douglas) appears to be projecting, repeatedly.

"Psychological projection is a defence mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others. 

For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude."

• Haha 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, remake it said:

unless you truly believe the triviality of increasing population is the root cause of all apparent evils.

Just whizzed through this thread, so being a devils advocate. What is the Root cause? In your opinion.

Please reply in a language easily understood, no need for elaborate words I'm an oil field hand.

Edited by James Regan
  • Haha 1

(edited)

10 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Does anybody else feel like they are listening to a broken record?

I've TRIED for more than a day now. It's incredible stuff.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, James Regan said:

Just whizzed through this thread, so being a devils advocate. What is the Root cause? In your opinion.

Please reply in a language easily understood, no need for elaborate words I'm an oil field hand.

The Apostle Paul nailed it a few thousand years ago, and Monbiot explained why, yet Day Trader's article failed to address his points and created a new narrative, which here seems de rigueur. 

(edited)

Oh man, now it's about religion LOL.

James said  ''IN YOUR OPINION'' 

I am not an author or journalist, my username is the clue to this...

DISCLAIMER FOR ALL FUTURE THREADS

''The opinions expressed and article itself do not necessarily reflect the views of DT 100%''

Capitalism has not solved ALL of the world's problems and so is terrible. We sorted it. Phew. 

#diversion #vandalism #chinaclimateisgreat #pollutingriversisawfulunlessyoureinasiaorafrica #stolendreams #extinctionrebellioneatingmcdonalds #nomorehappymealsfortheflaggirl

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, James Regan said:

2 hours ago, remake it said:

The Apostle Paul nailed it a few thousand years ago, and Monbiot explained why, yet Day Trader's article failed to address his points and created a new narrative, which here seems de rigueur. 

remake it, you did not answer the question.

Your answer is a non-answer, yet again.

You have replied once again with a meanless word salad, and I am beginning to suspect that you are a bot.

You appear to be incapable of providing a simple answer to a simple question.  And you tend do this on a regular basis, while you also tend to accuse others of not answering questions and going off topic, Straw Man fallacies, etc.

Let's try this again.  James asked you a simple question:

=================================

What is the Root cause? In your opinion.

=================================

Are you able to provide an answer to this question?  Or are you only capable of word salads that do not answer the question while simultaneously accusing others of going off topic, Straw Man, etc.

The choice is yours to prove that you are able - or not - to answer a simple question.

• Upvote 1

stop diverting Tom

26 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Are you able to provide an answer to this question?  Or are you only capable of word salads that do not answer the question while simultaneously accusing others of going off topic, Straw Man, etc.

The choice is yours to prove that you are able - or not - to answer a simple question.

Sorry that you appeared not to know how the Apostle referred to money as a root of evil, and that you also appeared not to have read Monbiot's detailed explanation on the failure of capitalism (as linked in Day Traders post) which by any definition is about "money," but your point on other's going off topic is actually about their continual diversion or refusal to show that their claims are valid unless the apparently obvious is achieved only when you join their imaginary dots.

(edited)

So ''No'' Tom    #salad

Ah so ''money is the root of all evil'' ? - a famous Christian phrase.

What's The Vatican worth by the way ?

la la la la la  ;) 

you guys love me really x

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Ah so money is the root of all evil?

What's The Vatican worth?

Actually, the Biblical reference is usually misquoted as you just did; it's supposed to be the love of money is the root of all evil.

And 10 points for What's The Vatican worth?

Pope Francis Offers Mind-Blowing Deals On Indulgences For Reformation Day

• Upvote 1

(edited)

You have 'legend' status!! That was my idea!! For me!! 😡

Yeah, well if you have it and keep it you must love it. Same thing lol.

I don't see them giving it away any time soon. 

Woohoo Tom to get the religious abuse today ?

@Tom Kirkman , I even had a thread about pope the other day. It got no comments at all. And I was complimenting him. I was shocked. 

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

I even had a thread about pope the other day. It got no comments at all. And I was complimenting him. I was shocked. 

Link?  I usually see mostly just the 'Latest Discussions' threads via my phone.  Quiet threads with no responses I usually don't even get to see, they get buried here due to time zone difference from U.S.

• Like 1

(edited)

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, remake it said:

It's logical to offer more than your idea that 250 years is "overnight" given human factors are discussed at generational scales and not geological time, and you still refuse to discuss causation, unless you truly believe the triviality of increasing population is the root cause of all apparent evils.

I would argue that the last 100 years of population explosion is the root cause for excessive pollution/climate change/draining of resources etc. FF and tech were of course the enablers. All evils? Humans are pretty crafty at abusing each other.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boat said:

I would argue that the last 100 years of population explosion is the root cause for excessive pollution/climate change/draining of resources etc. FF and tech were of course the enablers. All evils? Humans are pretty crafty at abusing each other.

Like arguing that the same population explosion led to more deaths from planes and automobiles, but failing to explain why India which had a higher population growth rate than China (and still has), but nowadays a similar total population to that of China, has contributed a comparatively small fraction of greenhouse gases, as just one example.

Wow is this still going?

4 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I know, hard to believe isn’t it!

Although it's gone from human population and 60 years to icebergs and 27 years. Hard to keep track of this gold. 

La la la la