Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DD

Macedonia Says Ready To Change Its Name And End Row With Greece!?

Prime  minister of Macedonia, Zoran Zaev said how  would like the negotiations (with Greece) to succeed . "We are ready for a geographical qualifier in the name" Macedonian government has renamed the main airport and a key highway, which had both been named after Alexander the Great. It's step forward when we are talking about a diplomatic and neighbours relationship between this two countries. Hard to believe, but who knows....

Each step from Macedonia to EU and Nato, Greece blocks. Macedonia can't to join NATO because of Greece blockade...Everything because of name

RT Erdogan has sent a message of support for Macedonians. By his statement Macedonians and Turks are brothers and Turkey will always support the Macedonians. Hmm.... Cyprus and Macedonia so similar, so different.

Territorial tension between Macedonia - Greece must stop. It's only way to stabilize the Balkan area or else conflicts will grow. It’s not good for either country. 

Really didn't think I would see this happen during my lifetime. The name game has gone on for quite long enough, I think. I actually avoid ever writing anything official about Macedonia because I can't be bothered to write out FRYOM.

Ah, if only the name was was the only problem, life would be lovely. But there are a lot of questions concerning cultural and historical appropriation, and I don't see FYROM making a lot of concessions there. They can't afford to, really.

My friend had been doing some work for the European Commission in the Western Balkans. It's pretty much a sackable offence in Brussels to say the word 'Macedonia' without the fYRo bit. 

Before Zaev Macedonia was a captive state. Captive of corruption, of a corrupt politician, of a corrupt gov't. Last elections are bringing a new leader who has no dirty or corrupt CV. Same situation like in Greece before A. Tsipras. This guys have a chance to change bad past.