Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Crazy Stories From Round The World

(edited)

23 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

I can't believe the anti-marmite comment's I've seen on here...I'm triggered

It's outrageous isn't it? Atleast the English can admit our awful cuisine.

Let's ponder American genius in the kitchen .... the Hamburger (German - Hamburg) and FRENCH fries.

F**king yanks  ;) 

Oh and don't forget the milkshake.

Edited by Guest

Well some of their inventions have come close to destroying Western culture it's true how ever those chaps know how to do a BBQ lol

When I was in Algeria our Company man had the rig welders taken off duties for a week, they build this massive smoker out of casing and liner which could hold 20 chickens, we had to use the forklift to move it. Sunday's were very serious business, Schlumberger would provide the charcoal, others would bring the food etc and our pathetic excuse for a service company.....sent us a cup and some pens 

It looked a bit like this beast below...shame I don't have any photos from all those years I worked away, at the time I didn't care it was just work for money.

28b6b4bd0b3780c728b3d0bfcc9a605a--barbecue-smoker-grilling.jpg

• Upvote 1

Americans like a BBQ?

I'm shocked. 

image.png.8229701c2168387f8565c47e49c59c47.png

6 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Americans like a BBQ?

I'm shocked. 

image.png.8229701c2168387f8565c47e49c59c47.png

I think they're all out at the moment, you'll be in trouble soon mate lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

you'll be in trouble soon mate

Nah they will be busy either shoving meat in their face, shooting something or ruining our language.

These are their hobbies  :) 

1 minute ago, DayTrader said:

Nah they will be busy either shoving meat in their face, shooting something or ruining our language.

These are their hobbies  :) 

I like shooting and meat and I can't spell 

I think that makes me an honorary American?

p.s Actually my Grandfather was American, he sounded a right character as does our earlier ancestor that followed the gold rush leaving TWO wives at home...the story goes he drunkenly sent home a load of money by accident and wife number 1 packed up and headed out west...I bet he got a shock lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

I like shooting and meat and I can't spell 

I think that makes me an honorary American?

p.s Actually my Grandfather was American

Well there you go ... you've been infected. You just need to buy a motorbike and a milkshake or beer and you're all set  🤣

1 minute ago, DayTrader said:

Well there you go ... you've been infected. You just need to buy a motorbike and a milkshake or beer and you're all set  🤣

Got some beers already but I'm not a fan of the two wheeled variant of transport. I'm already covered in scars from having a bicycle so anything faster than 30 mph is a big no no for me lol

(edited)

On 11/16/2019 at 8:25 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

No, the original versions are still with us...why haven’t they evolved as well?

If there is an environmental niche animals will fill it.  A portion can evolve in a manner that allows them to exploit new environments, while a sub-population remains in the original area.

Alternatively, another animal evolves in such a way that it highly resembles the first species such that it can exploit the original habitat as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convergent_evolution

Notice how bees and wasps look strikingly similar despite being unrelated?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimicry

#Science

Edited by Enthalpic

On 10/12/2019 at 12:12 PM, Marcin said:

2 things about this transgender madness: a/ mass media propaganda influence, we are all brainwashed. Media have interest because freaks always sold well, it is a woman with a beard from a circus 100 years ago, it is transgender person today

b/ It is a good diversion from real problems.

In Poland whenever things do not go well for any party that is at power at the moment we have always the same set of distraction topics: rights of sexual minorities (mainly homosexual men), abortion, migrants that eat our lunch, fraud scandals in opposition parties (discovered earlier but kept silent until best moment), why Germans are so bad/WW2 reparations from Germany, Jews are ruling Poland and opposition/government politicians are Jews (there are 5000 Jews in Poland, but somehow they are ruling), why EU is so bad and destroys our Polish culture, accusing prominent politician that he was in secret police of communist Poland (this secret police was dissolved 31 years ago so it is more and more difficult to find anybody that was adult then).

Total absurd but always work. I think it is the same everywhere, some topics different.

Surveillance

Total surveillance of population exists in the United States or Britain for years, hundred thousand+ of face recognition cameras in London. The same China or France. They are not interested (in US) if you occasionally buy marijuana from your bum neighbour, enjoy exotic dancers or bribe police. Focused on anti-terror, extreme politicians, spying on foreigners and industrial espionage etc.

It does not matter if it is good or bad, it is inevitable, no country will voluntarily resign from this tool.

For me real absurd here at oilprice is that when you present any facts or opinions with arguments, on sensitive topics many persons think that this is your personal opinion and attack, do not analyze arguments.

City's hospitals, in my province, in western Canada, now will NOT put pink or blue bracelets on a newborn baby in triage in the hospitals anymore.  Because of the argument in question.  Has anyone heard of this?  I think thats crazy

On 11/3/2019 at 2:55 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

The last line is an unexpected zinger.  Flawless, deadpan delivery of an online meme in real life news broadcast.

And the raucous outbust of laughter by the TV viewer is even funnier.

Internet memes are leaking into real life MSM again (yes, Fox is MSM).

https://mobile.twitter.com/kbq225/status/1190795004333215744

BTW that twitter account was suspended

• Like 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Tluke said:

City's hospitals, in my province, in western Canada, now will NOT put pink or blue bracelets on a newborn baby in triage in the hospitals anymore.  Because of the argument in question.  Has anyone heard of this?  I think thats crazy

What a waste of money having to have multiple coloured bracelet printers...

I live in Edmonton; and a standard white barcoded armband is actually the best solution for everyone.

Edited by Enthalpic

2 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

BTW that twitter account was suspended

Twitter: we ban anything that runs counter to the CNN narrative.  1984 uber alles.

sqr6balhgny31.thumb.jpg.2ea64a05046d94c78c5efaceecaac230.jpg

• Haha 1

(edited)

Greta Thunberg Meltdown Imminent? China To Unleash Tsunami Of Mega-Polluting Coal-Fired Power Plants

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/greta-thunberg-meltdown-imminent-china-unleash-tsunami-mega-polluting-coal-fired-power

Weird, I'm sure people on here have been going on about how green China are, how they have wildly improved their ridiculous pollution levels, and do more than other countries.

Even if that were true, which it isn't, it's a few decades too late, and after choking an entire continent, but hey, well done. Maybe soon they can see a horizon. Woohoo. 

- - - - - - - -

FROM ARTICLE

''What's worse, and what has paradoxically not been noted by Greta yet in her global crusade against pollution so far, is that while the rest of the world has been largely reducing coal-powered capacity over the past two years, China is building so much coal power that it more than offsets the decline elsewhere''

Oh ... like I've said for weeks ...? And still not seen Greta there ...  weird.

And even as pressure has been growing on China, the world’s largest emitter, to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, which have been creeping up since 2016, and hit a record high last year, not only is Beijing oblivious to the protests of global environmentalists, it is about to unleash a tidal wave of global pollution the likes of which have never been seen before.

Ironically, while Trump has gotten much criticism in recent years for exiting the Paris climate accord, China has pledged to peak its carbon dioxide emissions by 2030 as part of the Paris climate agreement. And yet, with a decade left until this deadline, China is doing just the opposite, preparing to add "another Europe" in total emissions.

Cheers Pooh.

In recent months, emotional eco-activist Greta Thunberg who has become synonymous with the global anti-global warming climate change movement has made consistent appeals at the developed world, demanding an end to its evil, polluting ways. She even went so far as to sue some of the bigger carbon polluters in the world — Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, and Turkey — for violating her rights as a child by failing to adequately reduce emissions.

And yet one nation has consistently escaped her steely gaze: China.

It would be nice to move forward as a planet, but the rules never seem to apply to China - even when they agree to them.

@ronwagn  

Edited by Guest

Finally, real answers....

piratesarecool4.gif

• Haha 1