Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ff

Trump will capitulate on the trade war

17 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I didn’t say a damn thing about safety! I said you can’t have problems, with safety, or anything else, if you do not build any aircraft!

Pointing out Boeing’s recent problem with the 737’s is pointless when you are comparing them with a non-entity!

You need to relax... probably hypertensive with poor healthcare.

"Which is likely why Xi flies Boeings" insinuated that US planes are safe and that Xi would never dare fly in one of 'his' own planes."

You can compare the 737 max crashes with other planes...

(edited)

21 hours ago, remake it said:

so let's all see how long it takes before they have commercial passenger craft such as C919s in the air.

15 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Pointing out Boeing’s recent problem with the 737’s is pointless when you are comparing them with a non-entity!

Readers may note that China targets certain manufacturing sectors and then attempts to position itself as the world leader in their production, all force-fed by the Government there.  China did this successfully with the production of "solar panels."  China is also attempting to do that with commercial aircraft, as China may well be the largest market for those aircraft for several decades.  The C-919 is China's attempt to barge into this manufacturing sector, and it has met with failure, as aircraft today are far more complex than the Chinese anticipated. While the C-919 is an interesting design, it has no special advantage over offerings from Boeing, Airbus, Russia's United Aircraft Corp., or the various products from Ukraine and Brasil.  Thus the potential customers are adjacent countries such aas North Korea, Mongolia, and possibly Kazakhstan.  The Western-oriented countries are not customers for this aircraft, and it will sell basically only on price.

I would point out that the Boeing 73-8,9,10 is perfectly safe to fly today, as it is built, as long as the automatic trim-tab controller is set to OFF.  There are two toggle switches on the center console; toggle them to off and you manually fly the aircraft, in perfect safety.  The issue with the poor software, sourced by Boeing from India, has been an abysmal failure, yet the aircraft itself is just fine.  All you need are pilots that know how to fly an aircraft instead of just baby-sitting a computer.  There is a difference.  Pilot training in some parts of the world is not quite up to snuff;  and therein lies the heart of the problem. 

Edited by Jan van Eck
  • Great Response! 1

1 hour ago, Enthalpic said:

You need to relax... probably hypertensive with poor healthcare.

"Which is likely why Xi flies Boeings" insinuated that US planes are safe and that Xi would never dare fly in one of 'his' own planes."

You can compare the 737 max crashes with other planes...

Please compare the 737 Max crashes with ANY comparable aircraft of Chinese manufacture...then get back to me.

Your comments on my health are extremely childish and contribute nothing to lis discussion. Perhaps it is you who should relax.

• Like 1

Winnie agrees

Image result for president xi memes

This guy needs to lighten up (the one on the right)

24 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Please compare the 737 Max crashes with ANY comparable aircraft of Chinese manufacture...then get back to me.

Your comments on my health are extremely childish and contribute nothing to lis discussion. Perhaps it is you who should relax.

I am calm; you keep calling me childish while having poor manners yourself.

Boorish lot here. #trumpSupporters

14 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Which brings up the previous discussion concerning all those incredibly talented Chinese engineers. Apparently, according to China, they can produce first class fighter and bomber aircraft....but they somehow can’t design a commercial aircraft suitable for their leader! 

Whenever you get caught out  ... sidetrack the conversation and hope nobody notices....

I thought the topic was presently Chinese commercial aircraft production. What topic are you on?

• Upvote 1

Another of those infamous diversions ... 

(edited)

It goes planes/planes/planes/planes/winnie and planes/planes and engineers ...

Woah, you're sidetracking!

Amazing stuff. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I thought the topic was presently Chinese commercial aircraft production. What topic are you on?

you mean the one where you said

21 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

they somehow can’t design a commercial aircraft

16 minutes ago, remake it said:

you mean the one where you said

Yep, that’s the one!

1 minute ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Yep, that’s the one!

About the one they designed and is undergoing test flights, which apparently cannot be possible according to you.

so it wasn't sidetracking?

or it was but it's ok to continue now?

just wanna make sure I get your pedantic rules...? 

This is what I ‘said’ earlier. I never insinuated China could not develop aircraft and be in the testing phase, I was pointing out that they are about 70 years behind the rest of the world.

“So, in the past 70 years, China could not develop and manufacture a single, commercially successful civilian airliner. They now have one in the testing phase which MAY be utilized by Xi in the future.

I suppose you are correct, this shows a healthy engineering culture and that China is right up there with other nations who have been designing, building and flying commercial aircraft since before modern China existed!

Good reasoning pal!”

2 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

This is what I ‘said’ earlier. I never insinuated China could not develop aircraft and be in the testing phase, I was pointing out that they are about 70 years behind the rest of the world.

“So, in the past 70 years, China could not develop and manufacture a single, commercially successful civilian airliner. They now have one in the testing phase which MAY be utilized by Xi in the future.

I suppose you are correct, this shows a healthy engineering culture and that China is right up there with other nations who have been designing, building and flying commercial aircraft since before modern China existed!

Good reasoning pal!”

You do this every time you get caught out... post an afterthought and pretend you got it right the first time.

2 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

You are hopeless...

hahahaha I block him but because of this reply I had to see!!  🤣

yep just accuses of diversion when he has no answer

You know, I don’t mind a good, reasoned debate, they are interesting and you may learn something.

Threads like this just devolve into a bun fight...

1 minute ago, Douglas Buckland said:

You know, I don’t mind a good, reasoned debate, they are interesting and you may learn something.

Nothing you have posted to date suggests you could debate anything, as you cannot maintain focus on the issue at hand.

(edited)

3 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Yep come on guys, sort it out.

No need for it, take a leaf out of my book. It's bun free. 

1 minute ago, remake it said:

Nothing you have posted to date suggests you could debate anything, as you cannot maintain focus on the issue at hand.

I take it back.

Mr Remake is clearly a lover of the diversion bun. 

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, remake it said:

I refer you to my previous “hopeless” comment...

3 minutes ago, Andrey Logunov said:

Sure thing. Because he had no path to 270.

What?