Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ff

Trump will capitulate on the trade war

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I refer you to my previous “hopeless” comment...

Pot > kettle.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:03 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

So the tariffs have been in effect for what, 6 weeks, and you feel that this is sufficient time to determine the effects? The results are not conclusive yet...unless you have a crystal ball you do not actually know the effects on the economies!

Furthermore, as we speak, negotiations are ongoing. Are you telling me that you know the outcome?

You could check your facts and discover that Trump began imposing tariffs in January 2018, initially targeting (Chinese- made) washing machines and solar panels. 

1 hour ago, remake it said:

Pot > kettle.

Hopeless yet again...

You could check your facts and discover that Trump began imposing tariffs in January 2018, initially targeting (Chinese- made) washing machines and solar panels. 

When did the serious tariffs actually take effect?

Hopelessness run amok! 

11 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Hopelessness run amok! 

You did it again - avoided the fact that what you said was conditional on what you wanted it to mean rather than it being true.

You did it again - avoided the fact that what you said was conditional on what you wanted it to mean rather than it being true.

Hopeless: The Sequal

3 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Hopeless: The Sequal

You say you would like a good, reasoned debate, so please show how the hundreds of billions of tariffs applied by the USA in 2018 were not serious (see your reference below), or are you now going to reinvent "serious" to mean trillions?

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I think "intransigent" is a better word to describe remake it's stance
PS Sorry for the off topic Winnie meme, my bad!

Hopeless is fairly accurate as well.

Don’t apologize for memes! James, DT and Tom are meme artists!

(edited)

11 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Hopeless meets Godzilla!

You can always ask for the thread to be closed down again, as you have done previously when you were not able to support your claims, thereby confining the thread to a history that nobody reads to see your mistakes.

Edited by remake it
to add "can"

15 minutes ago, remake it said:

You always ask for the thread to be closed down again, as you have done previously when you were not able to support your claims, thereby confining the thread to a history that nobody reads to see your mistakes.

Hopeless Plays Las Vegas!

On 10/11/2019 at 9:26 PM, PE Scott said:

President Trump has pretty much done what he promised to do on his campaign trail. That must be the biggest slap in the face to his haters. I'm sure there were many who thought  "oh well, he'll never get anything done"  Instead, he does every thing he said he would, including keeping oil prices down. 

I say this honestly, I have been impressed with his effectiveness in politics and his wisdom in keeping the U.S. out of foreign conflict. Especially considering he's met arguably the harshest critics and most political resistance of any American President. I definitely don't always agree with him, but he has been consistent to his promises.

"Mexico will pay for that wall" "Mexico will pay for that wall" "Mexico will pay for that wall" "Mexico will pay for that wall""Mexico will pay for that wall"  I only posted that 4 times-- he promised it 100+ times, to con ignorant white voters like yourself.

• Downvote 1

Guest is correct.  Did Trump promise that so many of his associates would be indicted?   He promised El Paso he would pay for the use of its facilities and he never did- owes us $432,000.  And yes - that wall.

• Upvote 1

Every politician in history has upheld every single one of their promises? 

I was not aware of this. I would have thought none have.  

I'm sure Clinton would be doing a fantastic job though. 

(edited)

8 hours ago, Steve Fischer said:

"Mexico will pay for that wall" "Mexico will pay for that wall" "Mexico will pay for that wall" "Mexico will pay for that wall""Mexico will pay for that wall"  I only posted that 4 times-- he promised it 100+ times, to con ignorant white voters like yourself.

Winning the hearts and minds of the opposition I see. I assume it's safe to say your a "passionate" liberal. 

So then, I also assume your position on President Trump is that he's a racist who incites hate speech and yadda yadda, but then you come on here and immediately attack me as "an ignorant white voter". You ser why it's hard for anyone to take your position seriously.

Lastly, as people on this forum go, I'm pretty middle of the road. I don't attack people for their ideas. I typically try to find middle ground. So. Its wild to me you would be so easily triggered. 

I'm curious, what is it that President Trump has done that you hate so much? His sometimes stupid tweets? That a wall, which he has been fought on the whole time, hasn't been built or paid for by Mexico? Did you expect them to pay cash for the wall in a one time lump sum? President Trump certainly never indicated that's what he intended. 

I didnt particularly like a lot of President Obama's policies, but I gave him credit where credit was due and I don't attack his supporters based on the color of their skin. 

Edited by PE Scott
Debate and disagreement are constructive, but inappropriate language is not. You post has been edited in accordance with Community Guidelines
  • Great Response! 1

hahahahahah just found this  @PE Scott ... 

4 hours ago, PE Scott said:

Winning the hearts and minds of the opposition I see

''ignorant white voters'' - it was 3 out of 3 as I suspected 🤣

(edited)

6 hours ago, Steve Fischer said:

"Mexico will pay for that wall" "Mexico will pay for that wall" "Mexico will pay for that wall" "Mexico will pay for that wall""Mexico will pay for that wall"  I only posted that 4 times--

Actually it's 5 times ...   Maths not your strong suit clearly ...?

Please give me more of your educational wisdom Mr. Newton.

You are calling everyone ignorant and asking me about my education ??   

LOL you're hilarious.        #handout

Edited by Guest

Satellite Images Reveal China's Aircraft Carrier Factory

The Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) has given Reuters never before seen high-resolution satellite images of China's aircraft carrier factory.

The images were taken last month of the Jiangnan shipyard, located in Shanghai, China. The satellite photos show the progression of China's first domestically built aircraft carrier and the rapid construction of infrastructure at Jiangnan.

CSIS analysts said the aircraft carrier's hull should be completed by fall 2020. The images show pre-fabricated sections, bulkheads, and other parts of the aircraft carrier.

2019-10-17_05-18-09.png

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/satellite-images-reveal-chinas-aircraft-carrier-factory

15 hours ago, Steve Fischer said:

Well now there's a shock, the guy who dishes out unfounded racism and cant count his own postings correctly claims other posters on here are ignorant!

LMAO

You couldn't write it!

You sir are a mindless bigot who adds nothing positive to this forum

16 hours ago, DayTrader said:

Every politician in history has upheld every single one of their promises? 

Very true. 

Personally I see Trump being different because he makes serious promises EXTREMELY loudly. I seriously do not understand why his cheerleaders take offense when people point out that there is big gap between Trumps promises and results. 

(edited)

2 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

big gap between Trumps promises and results. 

I don't. Here ...

''There is no wall yet'', ''There is no wall yet'', ''There is no wall yet'' ....  (3 times)

''It wasn't entirely paid for by Mexico'', ''It wasn't entirely paid for by Mexico'', ''It wasn't entirely paid for by Mexico'' .... (3 times). 

My point or 'defence' of Trump would be that this is ONE promise he made that every Trump hater is jumping on. He also had a campaigh about bringing people back home from mindless war. How's the reaction to that going? Mindless deaths of people from a country who have got shit for decades over even being in the ME!!

He talks of ending that - ''outrageous'', ''well he's got blood on his hands now''. Democrats are laughable. The guy could end all war and shoot your economy through the roof and do 1000 positive things for the USA and people would still say ''well what about the wall?''

By the way, not directed at you, but I've asked on probably 4 different threads now ''what have the democrats positively done in 3 years??''

I'm still waiting for just one answer to this. The silence is quite telling. 

But what do I know? I'm just a dumb white guy.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

My point or 'defence' of Trump would be that this is ONE promise he made that every Trump hater is jumping on.

Not this one. Although I guess I am more of a critv than a hater. 

like @Zhong Lu said - people that were financially f-ed under O'bama likely still are. Also, we have no idea about the longterm consequences of how trump interacts with the world. While it may NOT be fair to declare failure, by the same token it is NOT fair to declare victory either. 

5 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

By the way, not directed at you, but I've asked on probably 4 different threads now ''what have the democrats positively done in 3 years??''

I'm still waiting for just one answer to this. The silence is quite telling. 

I don't understand the meaning of this question. Seriously. The first 2 years of Trumps presidency the Dems could do nothing as trump had both chamber and the executive branch... 

(edited)

OK one positive thing they have added to society at all.

They 'could do nothing' of any use??

In the last year then? 

Edited by Guest