Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ff

Trump will capitulate on the trade war

(edited)

3 hours ago, PE Scott said:

This gave me a laugh. Civil war? Your completely sane liberal friends are buying guns in anticipation of participating in a violent uprising? Meanwhile, the hillbillies who originally purchased the firearms are "losers" while your liberal friends are somehow justified in their purchase? 

Why should someone care to earn your respect when you're posting makes you appear to be an extremist who endorses violence and war instead of embracing our democratic system and simply voting on a better alternative next term, if you can find one. 

Your over generalization and segregation of people based on their political leanings easily presents more dangerous ideology than what is being espoused by people who simply want to uphold the immigration laws that are currently in place and perhaps take a more isolationist approach to our world involvement. I don't always 100% agree with the direction we're going, but I can ensure you that there isnt a Republican I know that would take up arms against a fellow citizen because of a difference in political ideology. 

Do you actually think that any of the Democratic candidates would do their best to uphold the Constitution of the United States? They all want to severely infringe on the Second Amendment and seem ready to ignore anything in the Constitution that they wish to. 

Our freedom of speech is being directly attacked by the entire left wing of the Democratic Party. Just look at what goes on in the universities. It goes on in 90% of the media, which is in allegiance with the leftists.

The whole Charleston riot was a setup by the local politicians and their police force. Go ahead and deny that if you wish.It all started over removing a statue that was in honor of a Confederate soldier. Changing historical memories is Orwellian, but shows the world that will be wherever leftists control government. They will also go broke with their vote buying from the government unions which they reward generously with salaries and benefits far beyond what ordinary citizens receive. 

Edited by ronwagn
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Tom Gagnon said:

P.E. Scott, you're not looking very hard.  Take the Bundy clan for example, and their thousands of good Christian 
Republican followers.  I bet most militia types, all the KKK and Nazi types, support trump and vote mostly for Republicans.  These are violent and ill-informed monsters.

Well, none of them are friends of mine, or friends of my friends for that matter. 

You make a point though, there are extremist on both sides....but I'd wouldn't align with any of them and I certainly wouldn't give any credence to their behavior.

Edit: keep in mind too that the majority of people on both sides of the aisle condemn these extremist views and take measures to oppose those crazy viewpoints. No same person in the United states believes that people should be judged based on the color of their skin or that abortions should be aloud under general circumstances during the final weeks of pregnancy. However, their are definately people who preach this kind of nonsense on either side.

The real crime is giving them a voice in the media and projecting their views as representative of the majority of either side to drive sensationalism and create this stupid argument to begin with.

Edited by PE Scott
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Obama was a disgrace IMHO. I believe that he led the entire attack on Trump before he was even a candidate. Here is my rationale.

All Democrats in the House of Representatives have been complicit in the illegalities, unethical behavior, smokescreen, and underhanded attacks on President Trump. Most of the executive branch leaders have acted egregiously under Obama's leadership. Several of them deserve prison sentences IMHO. I have never seen so many liars in my entire life. 

Part Two of the Obama Administration Scandals https://docs.google.com/document/d/11axnqv_b3L2k9CD6HWNMwrdIECJZSxowxjO4RIc-rbE/edit

Critical Information on the Trump, Obama, and Hillary investigations https://docs.google.com/document/d/1choW_wq0D5DfjRPjqLlAkfxCnnVJhRzrHeXppE6D4E8/edit

Natural gas was allowed to progress under Obama's administration. That began to make a dent in coal, it was not promoted however.

Renewables progressed with billions of dollars thrown at them, and more than one major scandal when one of the companies collapsed.

Shovel ready jobs were allocated many billions of dollars but the money was diverted to many other things that did not result in jobs. Obama later joked about it.

The economic recovery was very slow, and the recession was mainly caused by Democrats pushing the financial industry to make loans to people that had little chance of repaying them. Republicans also were at fault for allowing the practice to continue and grow. 

Candidate Trump promised a stronger military and has delivered it. I agree that the way we spend on our military is careless, overly generous on arms. It is too stingy on salaries and benefits however IMHO. That is unless we want to go back to a draft of some kind. Part of the problem is exactly what President Trump is addressing, We have been far too generous with our allies, and born far too much of the cost in blood and treasure. Democrats criticize him for not being nice enough to those countries, which would all be speaking Deutsch if we had not bailed them out.

Biden, his son, and all the other Democratic candidates are quick to sympathize with China and favor a quick end to our very important trade disputes with them. Of course, Bidens son was paid handsomely for being a son to Joe.  

Edited by ronwagn
  • Like 2

(edited)

while your liberal friends are somehow justified in their purchase? 

I would ask you to please avoid the use of the word "Liberwal" in this context.  A Liberal is someone like perhaps Senator Ted Kennedy.  The people buying guns are not Liberals; those are anarchists, extremist ideologues closer to factions in say the Balkans.  Definitely not Liberals.  Liberals tend generally to be intellectuals, of the university-professor level.  Those people do not buy guns.  Fascists, anarchists, Antifa crazies, those are the people advocating armed combat.  They are nutcakes. 

there isnt a Republican I know that would take up arms against a fellow citizen because of a difference in political ideology. 

I do not know of one, either.  I don't think such a Republican even exists.  Perhaps as a fantasy for the Antifa anarchists, but not in any reality. Republicans are perfectly reasonable people.  They would not dream of some form of internal insurrection, unthinkable, not on the radar. 

Edited by Jan van Eck
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/5/2019 at 12:47 PM, ronwagn said:

All major stock exchange just hit another record high. The value of IRAs up by a third. Lowest unemployment ever. Wall being built. American values being restored. America the greatest producer of oil and natural gas. Cheap gasoline and diesel. 

The best economy I have ever seen in America. The best life ever for Americans. I feel very grateful! 

When, and if President Trump is reelected all will continue on course, including our soaring national debt. Americans will not vote for austerity but I think he will work on that if reelected. I hope so, Democrats have only done it when Newt Gingrich forced their hand. We cannot afford to pay interest on higher debt. 

Well the federal rate was recently just cut yet again which is a stimulus measure, and the bond yield curve is inverted.  Both are bad signs.

Some drop in unemployment may be to older people leaving the work force, or people that just stopped looking (you are only counted as unemployed if you are actually looking for work).  Furthermore, unemployment can actually, in theory, get too low and start hurting the economy (but not saying that is the case).

1 minute ago, Enthalpic said:

Well the federal rate was recently just cut yet again which is a stimulus measure, and the bond yield curve is inverted.  Both are bad signs.

Some drop in unemployment may be to older people leaving the work force, or people that just stopped looking (you are only counted as unemployed if you are actually looking for work).  Furthermore, unemployment can actually, in theory, get too low and start hurting the economy (but not saying that is the case).

Anyone who just stopped looking is just lazy or is still on unemployment. Jobs are available. One of our main economic problems is lack of good employees. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Anyone who just stopped looking is just lazy or is still on unemployment. Jobs are available. One of our main economic problems is lack of good employees. 

Time to import those Guatemalans!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

I would ask you to please avoid the use of the word "Liberal" in this context.  A Liberal is someone like perhaps Senator Ted Kennedy.  The people buying guns are not Liberals; those are anarchists, extremist ideologues closer to factions in say the Balkans.  Definitely not Liberals.  Liberals tend generally to be intellectuals, of the university-professor level.  Those people do not buy guns.  Fascists, anarchists, Antifa crazies, those are the people advocating armed combat.  They are nutcakes

A gross oversight on my part. I appreciate you stepping in to correct me. You are of course correct, as usual.

Just now, Jan van Eck said:

Time to import those Guatemalans!

Legal, English speaking Mexicans are a better bet. We need to make Mexico great again.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

To be on unemployment you have to be looking (at least up here).

Some people just get trapped into a feeling of hopelessness after several failed attempts.

Same thing happens with people trying to quit drugs, after a several failed attempts they just stop trying to quit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

6 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I have a few friends that were recently laid off from various oilfield jobs that are now collecting unemployment. All of them that have looked for a job, have found one. Some of them, like you said, are sitting at home on unemployment taking a long staycation until they get bored or the oilfield picks back up.

Edit: to be fair, if you're ok with staying on unemployment, it's easy to apply for jobs you have no chance of getting and continue to qualify for unemployment. I know my friends collect ~$1700 a month which is enough to pay a reasonable mortgage and a couple utility bills. So, they're not super motivated to find work just yet.

Edited by PE Scott
  • Great Response! 1

3 minutes ago, PE Scott said:

A gross oversight on my part. I appreciate you stepping in to correct me. You are of course correct, as usual.

The thing is, words are important, and to maintain context, we have to be careful in the selection of words.  I knew exactly what you meant, but remember that there are thousands here that are not native English-speakers and not attuned to the subtleties of US political scene.  I was thus concerned about those readers and how they would interpret the things inside America.  America is much more unified than the shrill press would have you believe;  Americans do hold each other dear.  You never see an ambulance attendant quizzing some victim on their political beliefs, and measuring out assistance dependent on the answers, now do you?  Unthinkable.  Does not happen.  Ever.  Not once. Never happens.  And that is the blessing of America, and Americans.  They are a free people, free and proud.  Gotta love it.  And, I am a migrant here. Just for the record. 

• Great Response! 2

(edited)

4 minutes ago, PE Scott said:

Edit: to be fair, if you're ok with staying on unemployment, it's easy to apply for jobs you have no chance of getting and continue to qualify for unemployment. I know my friends collect ~$1700 a month which is enough to pay a reasonable mortgage and a couple utility bills. So, they're not super motivated to find work just yet.

Classic clip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsxYfYCbVC0

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Enthalpic said:

To be on unemployment you have to be looking (at least up here).

Some people just get trapped into a feeling of hopelessness after several failed attempts.

Same thing happens with people trying to quit drugs, after a several failed attempts they just stop trying to quit.

I spent 20 years as a psychiatric RN with an MA in counseling. You are right, but they really have to hit bottom and lose their enablers before some of them will quit for good, and some will repeat several times before success. It will hopefully get better before too many die from all the cheap new meth, oxycontin, and etc. When they are ready they can go to a Twelve Step Program for free. 

We really cannot afford inpatient programs for many of the substance abusers and addicts we have. Our governmental entities are already going broke. Hospitals go broke too. 

• Upvote 3

On 10/31/2019 at 12:38 AM, Enthalpic said:

I have one car and it's a little Toyota Yaris - goes forever on almost no gas.

LOL, I drive a Suburban everywhere I go, 5800LBS of that Yaris would almost fit inside here. Don't care about gas mileage, it is what it is. But I love it when a little car comes up beside me on the highway and I look over and if there is more than one person in the car they look all cramped up together, I scan around the inside of my truck and think "how much more comfortable would they be in here?"

• Like 1

(edited)

6 hours ago, SERWIN said:

LOL, I drive a Suburban everywhere I go, 5800LBS of that Yaris would almost fit inside here. Don't care about gas mileage, it is what it is. But I love it when a little car comes up beside me on the highway and I look over and if there is more than one person in the car they look all cramped up together, I scan around the inside of my truck and think "how much more comfortable would they be in here?"

It's not cramped at all with two people and a lot of stuff.  You can stuff a lot of crap in a 4 door hatchback with the rear seat folded down; but no it ain't a Suburban.

No-car veggie boy must be on time out in a corner or something.... #BigTrucks #AllMeatDiets

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1

(edited)

On 11/6/2019 at 9:57 PM, ronwagn said:

Legal, English speaking Mexicans are a better bet. We need to make Mexico great again.

I agree whole heartedly. A functioning Mexico would be the best way for the US to reduce illegal immigration.

Big question is how? 

p.s. just like a fuctioning Africa and ME is the best way to reduce illegal immigration into Europe. 

Edited by Rasmus Jorgensen

(edited)

1 hour ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I agree whole heartedly. A functioning Mexico would be the best way for the US to reduce illegal immigration.

Big question is how? 

p.s. just like a fuctioning Africa and ME is the best way to reduce illegal immigration into Europe. 

The recipe is always the same: functioning primary and secondary education, compulsory 12 years of schooling. It means 20 years later you have workforce of good quality. Mexico has definitely the worst education in OECD, it not belongs to OECD at all. By major performance indicators it is 3rd world country. The state is really weak. In some countries general level of education is low but you have at least a few % of high achievers, Mexico has the lowest number of high achievers 0.6% according to PISA 2015, so you cannot even have good doctors, lawyers or teachers, upper middle class, nothing to build on. I've read about Mexican teachers, very low quality, enormous corruption.

If everything is done right in Mexico since today, in 2040 you will have a quality workforce and in 2060 Mexico could be developed country. What saves Mexico to not be like India is huge US economy, a lot of unskilled workforce needed, remittances send back home.

Edited by Marcin
spelling
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Big question is how? 

Declaring war on the cartels and following through would be a start. Until the Mexican government, state and federal, can operate without fear, nothing is going to change. 
Coordinated and continuous drone strikes worked fairly well elsewhere...

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

It's not cramped at all with two people and a lot of stuff.  You can stuff a lot of crap in a 4 door hatchback with the rear seat folded down; but no it ain't a Suburban.

No-car veggie boy must be on time out in a corner or something.... #BigTrucks #AllMeatDiets

BUT, you also keep in mind that I filled up the other day at 2.029 a gallon, so its not as big an issue as say.....California!!! What did I see the other day, around 5.50 a gallon. Sucks to be them!!

• Upvote 1