Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Douglas Buckland

A Double Standard?

Okay, over the past few days Trump has been vilified for supposedly throwing ‘the Kurds’ to the Turkish wolf by pulling out roughly 1000 US servicemen (and I guess to be politically correct, I must say ‘and servicewomen’ although they are technically included in the previous terminology - but I digress).

Yet, when the US stands by it’s ally Israel (keep in mind that the US was the first nation to formally recognize Israel as a country/nation), the same jackasses who scream for blood for leaving Syria...scream for blood for supporting Israel!

This is not a question of whether you support Israel or not, it is a discussion of principles. Is this not a double standard?

Of course with Trump it’s always a smoke screen. He could pull the troops with no problem but still swing the battle to the Kurds with air power. Would Turkey really attack Kurds if all their tanks and supply lines were bombed and taken out daily? If Kurds die, he picked supporting Turkey who threatens forcing millions of refugees into Europe. We need to drain the swamp and support our allies. 
Do Kurds get billions per year along with F-35 jets like Israel does. Yet it’s the Kurds who took on ISIS that Trump claims credit for.

I support the defense of Israel if needed. But the Kurds certainly earned the right the to be supported.

• Great Response! 1

In a related story why troops in Saudi. All he has to do is tweet the threat of destruction to anyone who attacks the Saudi with drones and air power. Is he getting a new trump tower for US money in Saudi?