Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

National Geographic Warns Billions Face Shortages Of Food And Clean Water Over Next 30 Years

The thing is, we pay taxes for other peoples kids, yet we have absolutely no say in the curriculum or how that money is spent!

Granted, you assume that these kids are being prepared to become a benefit to society, but when you actually look at the curriculum or materials used...you have to wonder.

They keep raising taxes for schools, but constantly say they don’t have enough money! Look at all the extra curricular stuff they have going on! If you don’t have money, go back to the basics and simply prepare the kids for university or a trade - that is what education is all about!

• Upvote 1

If you want to have children, then YOU pay for them. People seem to assume, quite rightly, ''well I'll get money thrown at me for having children''.

Why? It's a joke. Maybe the world wouldn't be overpopulated if people actually took some responsibility for their own sexual needs. It's like people are surprised when they have a kid on the way? There are ways round this! ''Ooh, I'm pregnant again''. No worries, here have some money that someone else earnt.

People have kids now like it's like getting a cat, like something you do. You do realise it will change your life forever yes? if you're a decent parent atleast. Nah I'll just keep having kids and feed it the same shit I eat. Oh we're all huge, like a group of bison eating Pringles. 

My point is people would not thunk out kid after kid if they actually had to pay for them in their entirety. Many choices you make in your life or needs or desires are based on finances. If you can't afford it, you can't / won't do it. It should be the same for bringing someone into the world surely. 

Historically, when the Black Plague ran rampant, or babies died of diarrhea, diphtheria, influenza and the like in vast numbers, the world "needed" children. Settlers were encouraged to procreate. Following WWI, there weren't enough able-bodied men to get the job done. Then the old baby machine cranked up, full-force, and, like the man said, everybody's gotta eat. The end product of eating is methane gas. If you like to eat cows, and most people do, you're eating an animal that has several stomachs that regurgitate methane gas. The world itself burps methane gas: from mounds in the GOM, Arctic Circle, and elsewhere. The new EPA rules allow methane gas to be flared in vast quantities, whereas it was at least converted by burning to carbon dioxide in the past. I have no idea how much methane gas occurs naturally on the planet as opposed to how much is manmade. I strongly suspect, however, that the earth's burgeoning population of obesity is one of the main culprits: the new dinosaurs (perhaps with the same ending). What will fix this? I dunno, perhaps the cost of healthcare, or a pandemic that can't be controlled. This planet is very old. It has undergone at least fifty climate changes, according to the geologists in "Annals of the Former World." Civilization, on the other hand, is young by comparison. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is commonplace--it has traveled from the hospital ICU to NFL locker rooms and the handle of your supermarket cart. Soon a more antibiotic-resistant bug will crop up. Or something. Stories of a hard-working guy and woman having a baby born with transposition of the great vessels, the repair costing over a million, bankrupting two patriotic, God-fearing, doing-everything-right people, are now commonplace--I just heard one in Oklahoma City. That same baby in Somalia dies. Sorry, but the solution to this dilemma of over-population and under-feeding is not quite as simple as abstinence, or "bagging up," or even planned parenthood . . . population explosion had long ago outrun those old saws. This, from the beginning, has been about young kids following the little GPS in their heads that directed them to "go forth and populate the earth." This is simply one more humanitarian crisis that will have to play to its own music, and those sounds will be unique as MoTown in Detroit, the cry to worship in Damascus or the wild sounds of Sudan. This, my friends, is going to be HUGE! Not to go too graphic on you but millions of unburied bodies will spew out more methane than one can seriously calculate. If we truly get to the point where there is not enough water and food to sustain a global population that is now growing at a rate that is seemingly exponential, then that's not a local problem but rather a generalized existential one. And that's as noirish as it gets.

(edited)

15 hours ago, DayTrader said:

Learn how to put a condom on / take a pill ...  = problem solved 

In fact......... vasectomy or fallopiotomy might be more effective in places where poverty is raging and fertility rate is high e.g. the phillipines, Indonesia, IndiaAfrica and China. For those who are in blessed countries............ this would promote stressfree intercourse.............. no worry on who will claim their fuck-around-pregnancies to be one of yours or something like that............ especially in the cities........... 9_9:$

15 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

trump logic - cut funding to planned parenthood.

image.png.c5e0ffd1ad17f5d06538a682beffa868.png

15 hours ago, PE Scott said:

Having no kids or aborting kids is an argument that will never be won by either side imo. It would be better to focus on more agreeable solutions that are effective.

would like to quote something from a discussion board over revolution in abortion offered by Havard online course Religionconflict and peace: 

Q: In the discussion board, please name 1-2 things that changed in these resolutions over the 30 year period highlighted and 1-2 things that remained consistent. Can you name other examples from other religious communities where religious convictions changed over time? Please post and respond to at least two of your peers.

A: Over 30 years of resolutions the constant is "abortion is against God's will". The change has been from " allowing the possibility of abortion under conditions of rape, incest, clear evidence of fetal deformity, etc to "absolutely NO abortion is accepted in the name of God"..............

Besides unavoidable conditions as mentioned....... is there any emphasis on moral guidance and prevention??

It has been a common understanding that upon reaching puberty (around 12-14 years old) sexual activity has been seen as a part of the growing up process. A never- kissed- before and/or a virgin at the age of 21 years old and beyond is regarded as out of norm in the culture. We have accepted benignly that loose conduct is a way of life. The distorted forms of human relationship and psychology; family issues; problematic children and society extended from this loose knot have been astounding and costly over a long run. The sustainability of a healthy young generation physically and mentally might have been retarded and overlooked.

Revival of old traditional or conservative behavior with a combined new and wholesome belief might need to be on the way to center and pillar the change instead of accommodating modernization and evolving to become worse off in humanity.

Edited by specinho
  • Great Response! 1

26 minutes ago, specinho said:

Revival of old traditional or conservative behavior with a combined new and wholesome belief might need to be on the way to center and pillar the change instead of accommodating modernization and evolving to become worse off in humanity.

I agree with you. I have no doubt these Harvard students are smart enough to see this kind of thing. The rub is, how do we get everyone else on their level? 

This is the part I find impractical in the short term. I think it would be difficult to convince the entire world, all at once, that they needed to slow down on having kids. Wait until they're older. Etc. 

(edited)

2 hours ago, specinho said:

It has been a common understanding that upon reaching puberty (around 12-14 years old) sexual activity has been seen as a part of the growing up process. A never- kissed- before and/or a virgin at the age of 21 years old and beyond is regarded as out of norm in the culture.

Trends are that young adults are actually having less sex than they did in the past (e.g. "free love" 60's.)

Also waiting until marriage certainly doesn't equate with small families.

Education level and financial health are the greatest predictors of "well planned" families. 

Never kissed at 21, poor you. ;)

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Upvote 1

‘Nah I'll just keep having kids and feed it the same shit I eat. Oh we're all huge, like a group of bison eating Pringles.‘

Why do you always see fat parents with a bunch of kids? In my mind, once mama started stacking on the pounds, this would be an effective form of belated birth control!

• Haha 1

• DayTrader
  • Members
  • + 874
  • 1,541 posts
Sunday at 03:29 PM
  •  

If you want to have children, then YOU pay for them. People seem to assume, quite rightly, ''well I'll get money thrown at me for having children''.

Why? It's a joke. Maybe the world wouldn't be overpopulated if people actually took some responsibility for their own sexual needs. It's like people are surprised when they have a kid on the way? There are ways round this! ''Ooh, I'm pregnant again''. No worries, here have some money that someone else earnt.

People have kids now like it's like getting a cat, like something you do. You do realise it will change your life forever yes? if you're a decent parent atleast. Nah I'll just keep having kids and feed it the same shit I eat. Oh we're all huge, like a group of bison eating Pringles. 

My point is people would not thunk out kid after kid if they actually had to pay for them in their entirety. Many choices you make in your life or needs or desires are based on finances. If you can't afford it, you can't / won't do it. It should be the same for bringing someone into the world surely. 

There's far too much common sense going on here DT!

Haha thanks, I just think it's nuts. It's arguably the most important decision you'll ever make. Meh let's have another, someone else will pay for it anyway, I can stay home. Oh let's have a 3rd, 4th, 5th.... 

Also I think feeding your kid utter crap is literally child abuse. It's the same as smoking round to your kid to me. You're literally killing it you piece of dirt. I'm not talking the odd ice cream or burger or treat obviously, I'm talking these bison families who seem to have never heard of a salad, and feed their children utter shit. Why did you have them ??!!

On 10/15/2019 at 11:24 AM, DayTrader said:

Haha thanks, I just think it's nuts. It's arguably the most important decision you'll ever make. Meh let's have another, someone else will pay for it anyway, I can stay home. Oh let's have a 3rd, 4th, 5th.... 

Also I think feeding your kid utter crap is literally child abuse. It's the same as smoking round to your kid to me. You're literally killing it you piece of dirt. I'm not talking the odd ice cream or burger or treat obviously, I'm talking these bison families who seem to have never heard of a salad, and feed their children utter shit. Why did you have them ??!!

Because dogs are harder to train properly? (Well, most people don't train their children properly either, so maybe not)

Oh they have a dog too, and judging by their guts it never gets walked.

''Scum. Subhuman scum''  - Alan Partridge

😂

On 10/14/2019 at 3:07 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

once mama started stacking on the pounds, this would be an effective form of belated birth control!

Haha still good.