Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

China's Blueprint For Global Power

12 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Douglas I am your in your debt for putting me straight on the political correctness

I will of course abide by the terms you state in future

sincere apologies

wont happen again😉

Be careful when using other Anglophile terms as well such as f**kwit, fruitbat, bellend, wanker (pronounced ‘wanka’ according to James), arsewipe, two-balled -b***h, and so forth. The moderators sometimes take offense at these colorful (colourful to DT) descriptive terms.😂

• Great Response! 3

2 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Is it really??? where is your evidence and links????

You seem to have ignored my previous post on page 7 see below

I presume you must be blind and if so I understand why you cannot grasp basic facts!!

You can dispute the historical record as much as you like, but it says your claims are mistaken.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

sincere apologies

wont happen again😉

Referring once again to my handy dandy hard copy of the 1906 "The Devil's Dictionary" ...

"apologize, v.i.  To lay the foundation for future offense."

20191101_084654-min.thumb.jpg.c7edad8111d5183a59cb0bed3dee20b6.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Referring once again to my handy dandy hard copy of the 1906 "The Devil's Dictionary" ...

"apologize, v.i.  To lay the foundation for future offense."

20191101_084654-min.thumb.jpg.c7edad8111d5183a59cb0bed3dee20b6.jpg

Thank God for that Tom!

14 minutes ago, remake it said:

You can dispute the historical record as much as you like, but it says your claims are mistaken.

Apparently I'm not PC and I need to be careful when using these according to Douglas:-

f**kwit, fruitbat, bellend, wanker (pronounced ‘wanka’ according to James), arsewipe, two-balled -b***h, 

Please take your pick

•  

17 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Be careful when using other Anglophile terms as well such as f**kwit, fruitbat, bellend, wanker (pronounced ‘wanka’ according to James), arsewipe, two-balled -b***h, and so forth. The moderators sometimes take offense at these colorful (colourful to DT) descriptive terms.😂

I'm having waaaaaay too much fun reading "The Devil's Dictionary".  (Yes, I used to read encyclopedias and dictionaries when I was kid, and I refuse to apologize for doing such things.)

"dictionary, n. A malevolent literary device for cramping growth of a language and making it hard and inelastic."

20191101_090115-min.thumb.jpg.7d6c48dfff067cf427db2f5e4b1114cf.jpg

8 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

I'm having waaaaaay too much fun reading "The Devil's Dictionary".  (Yes, I used to read encyclopedias and dictionaries when I was kid, and I refuse to apologize for doing such things.)

"dictionary, n. A malevolent literary device for cramping growth of a language and making it hard and inelastic."

20191101_090115-min.thumb.jpg.7d6c48dfff067cf427db2f5e4b1114cf.jpg

I like the economy one Tom, as long as its a smoky single malt!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

‘frozen yogurt

Yoghurt

34 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

offense at these colorful (colourful to DT)

Offence

#butchered

11 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Apparently I'm not PC and I need to be careful when using these according to Douglas:-

f**kwit, fruitbat, bellend, wanker (pronounced ‘wanka’ according to James), arsewipe, two-balled -b***h, 

Please take your pick

•  

You can call yourself what you like because it will not improve your understanding of history.

• Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

Just now, remake it said:

You can call yourself what you like because it will not improve your understanding of history.

Haha nice one, maybe you do have a sense of humour in that parallel universe you inhabit!

You offer no proof or data of any claims you make, nor have you since the start of the thread.

Otis had you for breakfast as did I, just accept your warped views are just that "views" and have no place in reality or history for that matter.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Yoghurt

Offence

#butchered

Arsewipe....!😂

• Haha 1

(edited)

Here is an American ....

fenCe

offenSe

Genius logic

:) 

fenCe

defenSe

#butchered

I know what you'll say... well what about 'tense'. But hey, it's our language, we have letters all over the place that have no business being in the word, but that is our right, you can't change every one as and when you like, especially if it doesn't make any more sense. I know you guys need to keep it simple though ...  ;) 

aluminum    5 syllables way too complex?

autumn   ooh no too hard.... 'fall'   - brilliant

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

You offer no proof or data of any claims you make, nor have you since the start of the thread.

On page one of this thread Otis provided a map of the Qing dynasty - a dynasty with greater territorial coverage than modern day China (in fact the 5th largest "empire" of all time) - and the territorial extent of China described and linked to above show you to be dishonest.

• Downvote 2

XIV 

2 minutes ago, remake it said:

On page one of this thread Otis provided a map of the Qing dynasty - a dynasty with greater territorial coverage than modern day China (in fact the 5th largest "empire" of all time) - and the territorial extent of China described and linked to above show you to be dishonest.

HOPELESS XXV1

I've had enough of your nonsense now and I'm blocking you from this moment on

Goodbye

4 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

HOPELESS XXV1

I've had enough of your nonsense now and I'm blocking you from this moment on

Goodbye

So it got too hot in the kitchen... with the Mercury rising

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Here is an American ....

fenCe

offenSe

Genius logic

:) 

fenCe

defenSe

#butchered

I know what you'll say... well what about 'tense'. But hey, it's our language, we have letters all over the place that have no business being in the word, but that is our right, you can't change every one as and when you like, especially if it doesn't make any more sense. I know you guys need to keep it simple though ...  ;) 

aluminum    5 syllables way too complex?

autumn   ooh no too hard.... 'fall'   - brilliant

Two-balled-b***h!😖

True. But they are beautiful balls. 

32 minutes ago, remake it said:

Hey remake it, last time I was in China I picked up some old coins.  Since you are clearly the undisputed authority here on all things concerning China's history, perhaps you would be so kind as to provide a bit of historical background on these old coins.  Thanks in advance.

20191101_102145-min.thumb.jpg.ff729124159b7eccd39bc32f736df0c4.jpg

18 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

True. But they are beautiful balls. 

BB nuts do not really meet the definition of ‘balls, regardless of how beautiful they may be. Probably how you got the tag ‘Hamster Sack’.... just a guess though.

1 hour ago, Rob Plant said:

Haha nice one, maybe you do have a sense of humour in that parallel universe you inhabit!

Otis had you for breakfast as did I, just accept your warped views are just that "views" and have no place in reality or history for that matter.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

You he realized that citing a constitution as proof of land ownership means nothing? I could create a constitution of Southern Sino-Tex-anada (Obviously covering all of asia, Canada, and everything south of them... with the capital in Texas) that claims all the lands it wants... and no one would argue because 1) They probably wouldn't even be aware, but also 2) It has no real world implications so not worth the effort (Unless like China, they decide to try and enforce it 50 years later and - unlike me in my current state - actually have an army).

Anyway, Yes, I'm going to take your advice - if it's sufficiently obvious to even the lowest denominator, I'll be quite and let this fade into oblivion.

If anyone else has an honest question, or wants to point out something I am mistaken about - however - I'm more than happy to oblige. 
(Aka, if remake it has managed to confuse you, quote me and ask a question... happy to come back if useful)

And with that, Good day...

4 hours ago, Otis11 said:

You he realized that citing a constitution as proof of land ownership means nothing? I could create a constitution of Southern Sino-Tex-anada (Obviously covering all of asia, Canada, and everything south of them... with the capital in Texas) that claims all the lands it wants... and no one would argue because 1) They probably wouldn't even be aware, but also 2) It has no real world implications so not worth the effort (Unless like China, they decide to try and enforce it 50 years later and - unlike me in my current state - actually have an army).

This was about you making a claim that China's basis for territorial expansion was bogus, despite you providing the very justification for their claims from your initial post in the the thread, and then declaring at every opportunity your words were being twisted when it was pointed out to you that this is what you had done,

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Hey remake it, last time I was in China I picked up some old coins.  Since you are clearly the undisputed authority here on all things concerning China's history, perhaps you would be so kind as to provide a bit of historical background on these old coins.  Thanks in advance.

20191101_102145-min.thumb.jpg.ff729124159b7eccd39bc32f736df0c4.jpg

Does it not say on the reverse? - perhaps from Kiang Nan province with their weight in silver described?

27 minutes ago, remake it said:

Does it not say on the reverse?

Would it be in English then? I think that's Tom's point, he has no idea what it says. I'd be quite surprised if he was asking without looking at both sides first haha.