Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Douglas Buckland

Conspiracy Theories: A ‘Must Read’

(edited)

This is a ‘must read’ for all Oil Price posters (that is, those people who contribute to the Oil Price dialogues and rants, not things that you hang on the wall...).

The last paragraph is damning!😂

I am TRYING to act like a rational adult here by pointing out our collective shortcomings. You’d best ‘take a photo’, I do not attempt this very often.

https://www.google.com.my/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/16/conspiracy-theories-scots-government-oilfield-shetland

Edited by Douglas Buckland
Misspelling
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

This is a ‘must read’ for all Oil Price posters (that is, those people who contribute to the Oil Price dialogues and rants, not things that you hang on the wall...).

The last paragraph is damning!😂

I am TRYING to act like a rational adult here by pointing out our collective shortcomings. You’d best ‘take a photo’, I do not attempt this very often.

https://www.google.com.my/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/16/conspiracy-theories-scots-government-oilfield-shetland

The guardian used to be a newspaper that did actually question naratives and we're instrumental in the Snowden leaks. Now it's just another leftie rag.

The term 'conspiracy theory' is just used to discredit people who question goverment/media naratives....or do we believe they tell the truth 100% of the time?

For example there are offical internal documents that show the CIA were pushing that term heavily in the 60s because half of the US population expressed doubts over the assasination of JFK. Indeed they (governments) want anyone who expresses doubts about what they say to then get lumped in with fake moon landing theorists or flat earthers and I'd say they've done a good job. I'd say all governments/intel agencies run misinformation programs at times to manipulate the public such as the MWD thing or the Syrian gas attacks.

At the end of the day it would be ludicrous to believe that a group of powerful people have NEVER conspired to manipulate the truth or decieve the public.

Regarding ISIS, the Clinton related leaked emails show that she knew that ISIS and other extremist groups like Al-Nusra were supplied weapons and logistics by so called allies like Saudi and Qatar. Photographic evidence showed that ISIS were sending hundreds of tankers of oil to Turkey in what was no doubt an oil for weapons deal and aparently our airforces just didn't see them, Russian pilots were however wearing their glasses on those days. On top of which Western weapons were being sent to a bairly existent FSA who then sold them to extremist militants, this was actually brought up in congress on more than one occasion.

Eric Prince of Blackwater also believed that there was a covert weapons purchase going on in Libya around the time of that Benghazi attack...you know the one where Clinton claimed it was because of some preacher burning a koran when it turned out it was a well planned and sustained attack.

So there's a few 'conspiracies' that are worthy of looking in to and hold water...maybe they're not 100% true but neither was what we were being told at the time.

I'm off out now to stock up on paracetamol and Snickers now because we were told that there will be a severe shortage after Brexit 😭