Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MS

ABC of Brexit, economy wise, where to find sites, links to articles ?

There is a lot of buzz in the media about Brexit, I just need a source of information that would explain what is for UK in Brexit in economic terms.

Maximum a few pages about the economic impact on UK leaving EU, best if also with variants relating to major issues that are not solved (One I know is status of Northern Ireland border after Brexit).

I need something balanced, best if piece written by some kind of advisory/consultancy for business people.

(Personal view about Brexit: I do not know what to think it is internal thing of Britain, I am Polish and I think it will not impact me much even if UK restricts foreign labourers and they will return back to Poland as people with my occupation rarely migrate after jobs)

1 hour ago, Marcin said:

There is a lot of buzz in the media about Brexit, I just need a source of information that would explain what is for UK in Brexit in economic terms.

This shows the extent of issues confronting UK businesses so it is inevitable that lots of new markets outside of the EU will have to be found for their present products and services or, as Mr Kirkman suggests, they face a Siberian winter.

• Upvote 1

You do realize that you have taken the ‘Siberian Winter’ thing out of context, don’t you?

Originally it was mentioned in a thread concerning the climate issue.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

You do realize that you have taken the ‘Siberian Winter’ thing out of context, don’t you?

Originally it was mentioned in a thread concerning the climate issue.

It was about Brexit - go ask Day Trader who was at pains to point it out.

• Upvote 1

No, the original post was from Tom Kirkman and an article he attached concerning European cities going under water due to climate change while at the same time London would be experiencing a Siberian winter. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Nothing will change after the 31st, if you live here just make sure you've applied for residence or what ever it's called. No one is getting kicked out of the country. The markets and value of the pound have already been factored in 3 1/2 years ago when the vote happened so little will change there either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dammit Nikko! I am sure that there are some that need kicked out! How about that Mayor of London? He seems like a prime candidate!

Try harder!😂

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Dammit Nikko! I am sure that there are some that need kicked out! How about that Mayor of London? He seems like a prime candidate!

Try harder!😂

I should have said unfortunately 'no one is getting kicked out of the country'

We take back ISIS fighters Doug and let them live out their lives...that is the state of the UK lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

I should have said unfortunately 'no one is getting kicked out of the country'

We take back ISIS fighters Doug and let them live out their lives...that is the state of the UK lol

That, my friend is pathetic! I hope this Brexit thing changes all that nonsense in the UK.

I need to get to that fantastic War Museum outside of London before they close it for being offensive to someone...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Douglas Buckland said:

That, my friend is pathetic! I hope this Brexit thing changes all that nonsense in the UK.

I need to get to that fantastic War Museum outside of London before they close it for being offensive to someone...

It really is, we have 10-30 thousand jihadis that have faught in Syria, Libya, Iraq and other places wandering around. A few go to prison the rest are 'monitored' poorly and some end up doing terror attacks. As well as that we gave sanctury to terrorists who faught in the Algerian civil war and also against the Soviets in Afghanistan.

I don't have any hope this will be reversed any time soon, the political class don't have the stomach for it.

Having said that they removed the passport of some girl who had no doubt been groomed, ended up in Syria and lost two babies...a potato is more of a threat to this country so figure that one out!

This country is completely rudderless and has been for years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

And just to add some on topic stuff, most leavers don't have a problem with the Europeans that are here, they pretty much fit in and work hard, people want immigration controls so that wages don't get compressed anymore and our failing public services don't completely collapse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Personally I'd like little things, like to walk down a crowded street and ya know, hear English once in a while. 

24 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Personally I'd like little things, like to walk down a crowded street and ya know, hear English once in a while. 

and to not get stabbed?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

How does a country recover from this lol

Yes this is our police

1571231132535.png

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

6 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

and to not get stabbed?

Yeah that would be a bonus. Honestly man, when I was a kid, a story about a stabbing would be a huge event, like maybe some annual thing that was shocking. Now it's like standard news from London (which I avoid like the plague anyway) and some gang crap.

''Gone to the dogs'' comes to mind. Bring on Brexit.

6 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

Yes this is our police

Yep, nothing better to do clearly. ''I wanna be called Zee'', ''I identify as an octopus'' .... 

''Ooh ok well I better listen then to this important gold''

I saw a headline the other day that was like ''64 year old man wants to legally change his age to 47''

We are f**king doomed as a race I swear.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, remake it said:

This shows the extent of issues confronting UK businesses so it is inevitable that lots of new markets outside of the EU will have to be found for their present products and services or, as Mr Kirkman suggests, they face a Siberian winter.

Maybe I am picky but the linked document looks like I-want-to-scary-you-list, it is issued by European Commission, and it is about procedures not economic impact.

I was just looking for list of items like (sth that already appeared in next comments): " UK will directly and totally control its immigration policy. This will prohibit entry of new legal aliens and allow fast extradition of current ones. Britain will decide who is alien. This will make more stable public services (healthcare, transportation ?) already strained by influx of migrants."

I know it is not directly economic factor, but I understand that there is not easy to find only economic factors list (both positive and negative consequences of Brexit)

3 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Yeah that would be a bonus. Honestly man, when I was a kid, a story about a stabbing would be a huge event, like maybe some annual thing that was shocking. Now it's like standard news from London (which I avoid like the plague anyway) and some gang crap.

''Gone to the dogs'' comes to mind. Bring on Brexit.

I moved away from a big northern city to the most rural place I could think of.

It was the best decision I've ever made. Before we did we stopped going into the city (which we only really did at Christmas) because I had an uneasy feeling something really bad was going to happen, less than 2 years after we moved there was a big attack at a concert, many kids from my daughters old school were there as were quite a few neighbours and their children. Also the 'grooming' (rape) gangs were a real problem to the point a very PC policeman (a PC PC if you will) friend even forbade his daughters from ever getting in taxis.

Yep this country is in a shocking state and I really fear for the future unless someone has the guts to start sorting it all out.

Brexit will probably not change much on it's own but it was a classic british up yours to the establishment, at least we've caused them a load of headaches and sent the message we expect them to do their jobs and stop sitting around talking about toxic masculity and the like lol

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, El Nikko said:

Brexit will probably not change much

Well not having 300,000 a year pouring in and making no effort to integrate would be a bonus. You mention immigration you're a racist lol. Australia have this points system on who comes in as do a lot of countries. Never mentioned. They don't get the racist card. We are a small, admittedly amazing island, and we are full. 

Bye clowns.

@El Nikko ... https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/terror-attacks-france-culture-denial

Terror Attacks In France: A Culture Of Denial  Profile picture for user Tyler Durden

by Tyler Durden
Wed, 10/16/2019 - 03:30
Authored by Alain Destexhe via The Gatestone Institute,   On October 3, 2019, a knife-wielding Muslim employee of the Paris Police Department Intelligence Directorate stabbed to death four other employees at police headquarters in the center of Paris, before a trainee police officer shot and killed him. While it was not the deadliest terror attack France has experienced in recent years, the fatal stabbings that took place at the Paris police headquarters were perhaps the most worrisome. Its author (a French public servant employed by the police), its highly sensitive target, and the catastrophic handling of the aftermath of the attack reveal the failure of the French institutions.

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

@El Nikko ... https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/terror-attacks-france-culture-denial

Terror Attacks In France: A Culture Of Denial  Profile picture for user Tyler Durden

by Tyler Durden
Wed, 10/16/2019 - 03:30
Authored by Alain Destexhe via The Gatestone Institute,   On October 3, 2019, a knife-wielding Muslim employee of the Paris Police Department Intelligence Directorate stabbed to death four other employees at police headquarters in the center of Paris, before a trainee police officer shot and killed him. While it was not the deadliest terror attack France has experienced in recent years, the fatal stabbings that took place at the Paris police headquarters were perhaps the most worrisome. Its author (a French public servant employed by the police), its highly sensitive target, and the catastrophic handling of the aftermath of the attack reveal the failure of the French institutions.

Remember mr Stabby going on a rampage in Manchester at the weekend? If not I'm not surprised...it got memory holed within 24 hours lol

Just part and parcel of living in a city or something

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

No, the original post was from Tom Kirkman and an article he attached concerning European cities going under water due to climate change while at the same time London would be experiencing a Siberian winter. 

let's see if Mr Kirkman mentioned

B R E X I T

On 10/10/2019 at 7:29 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

BREXIT  CLIMATE  ARMAGEDDON  as Britain is plunged into a 'Siberian' climate by next year.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

12 hours ago, Marcin said:

Maybe I am picky but the linked document looks like I-want-to-scary-you-list, it is issued by European Commission, and it is about procedures not economic impact.

I was just looking for list of items like (sth that already appeared in next comments): " UK will directly and totally control its immigration policy. This will prohibit entry of new legal aliens and allow fast extradition of current ones. Britain will decide who is alien. This will make more stable public services (healthcare, transportation ?) already strained by influx of migrants."

I know it is not directly economic factor, but I understand that there is not easy to find only economic factors list (both positive and negative consequences of Brexit)

THE LINK SHOWED THE NATURE OF CONSTRAINTS AND IMPOSTS TO BE PLACED ON THE UK, POST BREXIT, SO APART FROM MOSTLY ADDING COSTS THERE WILL ALSO BE CASES WHERE IT WILL NO LONGER BE PRACTICAL FOR UK ENTITIES TO PROVIDE ACTUAL SERVICES AS THEY HAD IN PAST, eg:  

Provision of services in the EU

a. Licences and authorisations

In order to ensure in particular consumer protection and consumer trust, as well as effective enforcement of EU rules, in many economic areas the provision of services in the EU requires a licence or authorisation by an authority of an EU Member State. This is the case, for example, in the transport sector26, in the financial services sector27, in the audio visual sector28, and in the energy sector29. Post-Brexit, licences or authorisations issued by UK authorities are no longer valid across the EU. 

Edited by remake it
removed tautology
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Marcin said:

Maximum a few pages about the economic impact on UK leaving EU, best if also with variants relating to major issues that are not solved (One I know is status of Northern Ireland border after Brexit).

I need something balanced, best if piece written by some kind of advisory/consultancy for business people.

(Personal view about Brexit: I do not know what to think it is internal thing of Britain, I am Polish and I think it will not impact me much even if UK restricts foreign labourers and they will return back to Poland as people with my occupation rarely migrate after jobs)

18 hours ago, Marcin said:

This is the view from the majority of the people. All the articles you need for their point of view with their arguments. https://www.breitbart.com/europe/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, El Nikko said:

I moved away from a big northern city to the most rural place I could think of.

It was the best decision I've ever made. Before we did we stopped going into the city (which we only really did at Christmas) because I had an uneasy feeling something really bad was going to happen, less than 2 years after we moved there was a big attack at a concert, many kids from my daughters old school were there as were quite a few neighbours and their children. Also the 'grooming' (rape) gangs were a real problem to the point a very PC policeman (a PC PC if you will) friend even forbade his daughters from ever getting in taxis.

Yep this country is in a shocking state and I really fear for the future unless someone has the guts to start sorting it all out.

Brexit will probably not change much on it's own but it was a classic british up yours to the establishment, at least we've caused them a load of headaches and sent the message we expect them to do their jobs and stop sitting around talking about toxic masculity and the like lol

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/10/16/delingpole-dont-blame-boris-for-the-remainer-establishment-coup/ Even Delingpole sounds fatalistic. Fight on! Where is Farage?!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1