Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ronwagn

Canada Election Deadlock?

On 10/22/2019 at 5:50 PM, Enthalpic said:

Alberta - a province where the majority are delusional about their actual contribution to Canada.

Well now, if it is so "delusional," then I have a bright idea:  why not stop taxing Alberta for that "Provincial Equalization Fund," where Alberta money is taken by taxation  (OK, by confiscation) and handed out to the beggar Provinces, which now even includes the old industrial powerhouse of Ontario, now that the Liberals under Kathleen Wynn have totally destroyed the manufacturing base, including the entire auto industry, leaving a trail of factory shells decaying in the snow, behind her. All done, incidentally, in the dream of a world where all the electricity will be generated by wind-propeller towers.  Did not quite work out that way. 

There are two possible solutions to Alberta's oil dilemma, as I see it:  (1) to build either a pipeline or a provincial short-rail line from the Edmonton oilsands area down to the US Border, and then convince the Americans to fund the construction of a new refinery there, specifically geared to handle Western Canada Select.  And (2), to build a short-line horizontally across the mid-tops of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba to the Port of Churchill, then to invest in a fleet of ice-capable reinforced-hull tankers to take the oil out to world markets from Churchill.  And one logical destination would be a "balancing refinery" at Come-by-Chance, Newfoundland, where many decades ago Premier Joey Smallwood had attempted to set up such a refinery, to make diesel and gasoline for short-transit deliveries to either the US East Coast or to Europe via Rotterdam, dependent on local needs and pricing.  That project went up i smoke because the brainiacs that designed that plant used seawater for raw-water cooling without an intermediate heat exchanger, so when the plant was shut down for a time, upon re-start it was found all the pipes and valves were all corroded beyond repair.  

It helps to actually know what you are doing. 

But if - big "if" - the Albertans could get their act together, and do either (1) or (2) or both, using the contracted fleet of railcars that they have already ordered  (some 4,000 new tank cars), and built a simply railroad which after all is nothing more than stone ballast, ties, and rail, then the "third port" of Canada, Manitoba's Port Churchill up on Hudson's Bay, becomes the oil gateway to the world. Can it be done?  Of course it can.  It also assumes that the Feds under Trudeau will build a fleet of icebreakers, or maybe buy some used ones from the Danes, but that might be stretching it. 

Possibly the short internal-to-Alberta rail spur to the US Border is the fastest and cheapest, if the Americans can be convinced to build either a converting plant or a refinery up there.  Hard to say.  But let's remember: there is an awful lot of oil up there, and if the world shortages being direly predicted on these pages come to pass in another two years, having that ability to go export both crude and finished product would be a gigantic bonanza.  And now you know why I am not an Alberta politician: I might end up suggesting practical solutions. Oh, well.

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Well now, if it is so "delusional," then I have a bright idea:  why not stop taxing Alberta for that "Provincial Equalization Fund," where Alberta money is taken by taxation  (OK, by confiscation) and handed out to the beggar Provinces,

When trump does "[equalization payments]" it's fine...

Silicon valley money goes to fly over farmers...

Edited by Enthalpic

19 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

When trump does "[equalization payments]" it's fine...

Silicon valley money goes to fly over farmers...

Fly over farmers that taught the world to make food an abundant item and abolished famines all over the world. Silicon valley is important but unfortunately their desire for liberty is anemic. They are after control of our lives. 

sjwW3p0Q_bigger.jpg

Alberta and Saskatchewan have the highest density of legal gun owners in Canada and voted overwhelmingly for Trudeau to go, now he will try to disarm us (The law abiding people, not the criminals) and cause a huge black market gun problem if not a civil war.
Quote Tweet

l7F4_zx9_normal.jpg

HaveWeAllGoneMad

@HaveWeAllGoneM1
· 20h
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will elaborate on his plans for mass gun bans against hunters, farmers and sport shooters after parliament resumes next month, the office of his minister for confiscation said today Now they come for the guns twitter.com/CanadaAwaken/s… 
I am planning a trip through Minnesota, western Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta. I expect to meet the Canadians I respect the most.