Tom Kirkman

Is Eating Meat Worse Than Burning Oil?

(edited)

34 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

It’s a toy cow goofball!

Now look at the Cow without having to turn your computer upside down Doug, thats a seriously strange Cow, check out its face, what kind of weirdo would buy that for his kid to play Happy Farmer? 

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 04.57.54.png

Its a real dead cow on a carpet, and thats really F$%^H Up

Edited by James Regan
  • Haha 1

It’s a toy/model cow that someone has laid on the carpet and photographed! Look at the position of the hooves and tail...gravity would not allow that.

You may be a wizard of a Subsea Engineer, but you don’t know shit about dead cows!!!😂

• Haha 4

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

It’s a toy/model cow that someone has laid on the carpet and photographed! Look at the position of the hooves and tail...gravity would not allow that.

You may be a wizard of a Subsea Engineer, but you don’t know shit about dead cows!!!😂

Here are some typical toy cows, note no weird demented facial grins, these are happy cows for happy people, that other weird cow, is either a dead toy cow, or part of some weirdo farmers kids toy set from Montana, Im surprised its genitals have not been removed by DTs aliens....

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 05.19.38.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 05.19.14.png

Edited by James Regan
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

someone has laid on the carpet and photographed! Look at the position of the hooves and tail...gravity would not allow that.

hahahahahahh the detail

amazing 

12 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Doug I would ask you to look at the position of the cows feet , there is no way that Cow could stand and be the part of any play set, unless its the dead cow, in the set. So its either a dead real cow or even worse a dead cow in a play set.

Look at its mouth it just needs some lipstick to finish off this macabre beast....

5 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

hahahahahahh the detail

amazing 

Hes an engineer so its not surprising 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, James Regan said:

Hes an engineer so its not surprising 

You two wouldn’t know a dead cow if aliens dropped one through your roof!

• Haha 2

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

You two wouldn’t know a dead cow if aliens dropped one through your roof!

CAN I BORROW A CUP OF SUGAR PLEASE

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 05.36.44.png

Edited by James Regan
  • Haha 2

Yay, I get to post these memes I made a few months ago for my Dad's 80th birthday (personal birthday memes are better than generic, commercial, Hallmark cards).  My Dad is a lifelong farmer, and we grew up with 50 cows.

365vhr.jpg.26cb6b599f2ec2663e2fc2730e5d29bd.jpg

365xb9.jpg.35118ce62288c9deef254d5a3e307cb7.jpg

For lurkers curious about why exactly cows stick their tongue up their nose.  You're welcome.

https://youtu.be/cSeV4M8-IoI

• Haha 2

Nice to see we're all bang on topic as usual!😂

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

365vhr.jpg.26cb6b599f2ec2663e2fc2730e5d29bd.jpg

36 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Nice to see we're all bang on topic as usual!😂

Quick poll:

Is sticking your tongue up your nose worse than fracking?

A. Nope, feels good man.

B. UN studies show that fracking causes people to stick their tongue up their nose (fingers will do, in a pinch).  And both cause global warming.

C. Oil Price staff are prolly wondering what is the correct answer, and @Rodent will delegate which staff writer will tackle this contentious topic.  And also despair about the abysmal state of humour on this forum.

D. China good, Orange Man Bad.

• Haha 1

(edited)

35 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Quick poll:

Is sticking your tongue up your nose worse than fracking?

A. Nope, feels good man.

B. UN studies show that fracking causes people to stick their tongue up their nose (fingers will do, in a pinch).  And both cause global warming.

C. Oil Price staff are prolly wondering what is the correct answer, and @Rodent will delegate which staff writer will tackle this contentious topic.  And also despair about the abysmal state of humour on this forum.

D. China good, Orange Man Bad.

Licky Licky better that Shooty Shooty or Bangy Bangy

And Fracking is so much worse the Nose Jobbing your self, cows tongues are very tactile, Fracking is just bad for everyone, even for those who think its doing them good, as in the heart of hearts they know they are polluting the water table, I know I've seen the science and sorry to say this but Im with Greta on Fracking and Nose Jobbing (as she is a nose miner who eats the pay dirt).

Oh big shout out to Doug who managed to hold it together to fill a whole column on a plastic dead cow, I still think it was a real dead cow on the carpet with shiny feet (of hooves whatever you call them)

Listen to the Science.

Happy 80th Toms Dad👏

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 1

The real problem arises when you stick your tongue up somebody else’s nose WHILE on a frack job WHILE a dead cow is laying across the lease road AND you do not have diplomatic immunity!

How’s that for including all of today’s major topics in one posting?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

The real problem arises when you stick your tongue up somebody else’s nose WHILE on a frack job WHILE a dead cow is laying across the lease road AND you do not have diplomatic immunity!

Points to ponder, good one there @Douglas Buckland !!!!

4 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

And it was an alien in a UFO on the wrong side of the track that hit the Cow

• Haha 3

(edited)

and the cow was vegan, in the middle of an oil protest

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, James Regan said:

Is that Dead? Looks like its lazing in front of the fire, if its dead whats it doing on the carpet? Strange picture, shiny hoofs....

I like my deastock to be clean before butchered. That is more hygenic and looks nicer. 

• Like 1

(edited)

20 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

I am aware of combining different plant foods to get complete proteins.  My primary source of complete protein when I was vegetarian was whole legumes (generally black beans or kidney beans) and whole grains (generally brown rice and rolled oats).

But my body craves red meat after a workout.  I particularly enjoy wolfing down a pound of raw hamburger after a hearty weight lifting session, for the animal proteins, fats, and cholesterol.  I grew up eating our own raw hamburger on the farm, and there is nothing quite like the taste of red meat.

As someone who actually looked at the numbers in terms of both CO2, weight loss/health and training I can tell you that you would be absolutely fine without red meat. In fact, your craving can almost certainly be covered by quite a low CO2 combination of nuts and a bit of tuna as well as some cacao and honey after training.

There's no way any amount of steak can give the sort of kick the above combination has (I've eaten a lot of meat in the past on occasion and it does not have this effect), in my own personal experience it's frighteningly effective. In fact, a low CO2 diet such as the one I put together last year mainly as an experiement to see just how difficult it is to lower CO2 without sacrificing energy, turns out to be far more effective than anything I used to do even when I was training intensely and was consuming specific protein powders for that purpose a while back. The CO2 cost? about 500kg annually (compared to 2500kg in my region on average and I'm quite sure substantially more in the US). It's so effective that I dialed my training down because the results were a bit frightening, "special forces" type of frightening due to the energy/agility and strength it provides which can be uncomfortable for others in day to day life. So at the end of the day the only thing to complain about is the specific taste if that is what you like, I can't say I miss it.

As for red meat being healthy, the state of the US population health says otherwise.

Edited by David Jones
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, David Jones said:

As someone who actually looked at the numbers in terms of both CO2, weight loss/health and training I can tell you that you would be absolutely fine without red meat. In fact, your craving can almost certainly be covered by quite a low CO2 combination of nuts and a bit of tuna as well as some cacao and honey after training.

There's no way any amount of steak can give the sort of kick the above combination has (I've eaten a lot of meat in the past on occasion and it does not have this effect), in my own personal experience it's frighteningly effective. In fact, a low CO2 diet such as the one I put together last year mainly as an experiement to see just how difficult it is to lower CO2 without sacrificing energy, turns out to be far more effective than anything I used to do even when I was training intensely and was consuming specific protein powders for that purpose a while back. The CO2 cost? about 500kg annually (compared to 2500kg in my region on average and I'm quite sure substantially more in the US). It's so effective that I dialed my training down because the results were a bit frightening, "special forces" type of frightening due to the energy/agility and strength it provides which can be uncomfortable for others in day to day life. So at the end of the day the only thing to complain about is the specific taste if that is what you like, I can't say I miss it.

As for red meat being healthy, the state of the US population health says otherwise.

The state of American, and other countries obesity is mainly related to simple carbohydrates such as processed grains and sugars. Both are quite addictive, and often added to unhealthful trans-fats. The fast rise in obesity can be directly traced to the low fat dietary marketing fad. Meat, poultry, fish, and eggs are not really a problem and neither is eating mostly vegetables, legumes, nuts etc. 

CO2 is not something that should even be an issue as it is good for the environment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

The fast rise in obesity can be directly traced to the low fat dietary marketing fad.

Huh? Please elaboarate Ron. Surely eating lower fat food is a good thing and what the obese need? Why is that a 'fad' or am I reading that as a negative when you don't mean it as one? 

1 minute ago, DayTrader said:

Huh? Please elaboarate Ron. Surely eating lower fat food is a good thing and what the obese need? Why is that a 'fad' or am I reading that as a negative when you don't mean it as one? 

Fat is not really a problem, aside from transfats which are hydrogenated. Cardiac disease has dropped steadily even as meat consumption has increased greatly since the fifties. Hydrogenated margarine, peanut butter, and Crisco type shortening (fat), were the worst fats ever created and caused millions of early deaths and are still shortening the lives of those who used or still use them. Obesity is the problem. You don't get fat by eating fat. You get fat by eating addictive simple carbohydrates. People differ in what they prefer. If you don't like fat, don't eat it. You do need some "essential fatty acids" though. 

The low fat craze led to people eating a vast amount of processed flour and all kinds of low fat snacks that made them fat. People in the fifties did not eat them but ate lots of fat including hydrogenated fat. 

(edited)

Ok gotcha, thanks. What low fat snacks made them fat? Or do you mean they were falsely marketed? Like when things say ''low fat'' when it's got a ton of sugar in it? 

4 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Obesity is the problem. You don't get fat by eating fat. You get fat by eating addictive simple carbohydrates.

May I be so bold as to add ''and never getting off your arse'' ? Yes, ARSE. Deal with it Doug. 

Edited by Guest

Just now, DayTrader said:

Ok gotcha, thanks. 

May I be so bold as to add ''and never getting off your arse'' ? Yes, ARSE. Deal with it Doug. 

That is very true and I am a setter. If I were a dog I would have to be an Irish Setter. I have lots of exercise equipment but have a hard time getting to it. I do much better when I am working on keeping my acre looking nice.